APP - > LF continuous function

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

APP - > LF continuous function

As a byproduct of this thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=195959&start=30, I'm doing what I should have done awhile ago and made the APP -> LF conversion automatically occur so I can moderate it into a supplement to farming, not (as it is) a direct injection of steroids into the eyeball.

What effectively will happen is this:
- APP will convert automatically into LF every turn change, down to 18k app ish still allowing for turn conversions ( remembering for every turn conversion all app will be converted anyway).
- APP to lf soft cap will be removed as it would be illogical (100 t per 5 months).
- The larger your planet count the more LF you will convert automatically per turn change. Vice versa the smaller your planet count is (trying not to give too much power to noobs).
- The change plateaus at 400 bill per turn and maximizes at 1 trill.

Currently:
100 trill @ 10 bill planet count will be converted in 154 days
100 trill @ 20 bill planet count will be converted in 130 days
100 trill @ 1 bill = 250 days

I have created a basic rigorous model if you wish to see what I'm thinking (or talking about):
http://ascended.gatewars.com/lfperturn.php
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Re: APP - > LF continuous function

So those of us who have fully ascended can make ~110Q a week if they hit for +300t.
Those who weren't TUKs before the APP became valuable again on the other hand (assuming they have only 10bil army) can make 150Q a week when hitting for +300t.
Almost 50% more. How is that fair?
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

Loki™ wrote:So those of us who have fully ascended can make ~110Q a week if they hit for +300t.
Those who weren't TUKs before the APP became valuable again on the other hand (assuming they have only 10bil army) can make 150Q a week when hitting for +300t.

....what? I'm failing to see how this has any relevance to the change... I'm just making it so people can't bulk convert APP, i'm slowing down how they get it to allow farmers to 'keep up'.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

So if you convert APP to turns, will it only take 18k of the APP now as opposed to all of your APP?
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

Mathlord wrote:So if you convert APP to turns, will it only take 18k of the APP now as opposed to all of your APP?

It will still take it all, otherwise I'll have to think of amounts to stop the auto conversion at, people will want their own preferences on it etc.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Loki™
Forum Elder

Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:So those of us who have fully ascended can make ~110Q a week if they hit for +300t.

....what? I'm failing to see how this has any relevance to the change... I'm just making it so people can't bulk convert APP, i'm slowing down how they get it to allow farmers to 'keep up'.

They still make more. Imo it should be only a bit better option than the turns.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Of course ascending people make more (potentially, anyway). They still have their ascensions to go. :) Would you request ascensions have no effect on Ascended whatsoever? Would that be your idea of 'fair'? Or what do you propose?

I like that it gives the option of converting more, Sol, but I think the previous system worked perfectly - perfectly enough to keep, anyway. Converting more seems .. unbalancing. Maybe.

Also, you calculating page does not work. It gives me negative numbers all the time.
Sol
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:Of course ascending people make more (potentially, anyway). They still have their ascensions to go. :) Would you request ascensions have no effect on Ascended whatsoever? Would that be your idea of 'fair'? Or what do you propose?

I like that it gives the option of converting more, Sol, but I think the previous system worked perfectly - perfectly enough to keep, anyway. Converting more seems .. unbalancing. Maybe.

Also, you calculating page does not work. It gives me negative numbers all the time.

Option of converting more? Not sure if you're mistaking it with having more = more converted per day.

What numbers are you putting in? It will finish on a negative number but ya that's expected :P.
Try and put in LFC as 100,000,000,000,000 and p count as 10,000,000,000
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Wait. P count = APP, right? edit: Discovered I am wrong. P = planet. -_-

Yeah, I do that all the time. Point remains, albeit that you were the one to invest enough to get that substantial aid to begin with.
Of course to convert stuff, you need to HAVE stuff. But if I ascend now with 2M raw, I get 1,250,001,875 APP. Used to be, that would take 5x5=25 months=750 days (because 542T LFC).
Now, if I do the same thing, I - having 10B planets - get my full LFC in 209 days. That seems a bit quick. :? (I like it, but you get my point now?)

(Ah yes. I figured it out. P count = planets, and LFC is the converted amount of APP? Then it works. I think..)
Sol
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:Wait. P count = APP, right? edit: Discovered I am wrong. P = planet. -_-

Yeah, I do that all the time. Point remains, albeit that you were the one to invest enough to get that substantial aid to begin with.
Of course to convert stuff, you need to HAVE stuff. But if I ascend now with 2M raw, I get 1,250,001,875 APP. Used to be, that would take 5x5=25 months=750 days (because 542T LFC).
Now, if I do the same thing, I - having 10B planets - get my full LFC in 209 days. That seems a bit quick. :? (I like it, but you get my point now?)

(Ah yes. I figured it out. P count = planets, and LFC is the converted amount of APP? Then it works. I think..)

yay.

And yeah, one of the reasons I put up this thread :P still some minor adjustments in the functions, this bad boy needs to converge faster.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

I like this. Considering I have only ascended 4 or so times, I can have a whole lot of ascensions ahead of me with huge APP. I may not be able to convert all at once, but I wouldn't have to worry about that. This effectively means I can just build up and ascend with enough to make any amount of LP I want given daily conversion time. This probably means I wont ascend again for like a year LOL.
Loki™
Forum Elder

Juliette wrote:Of course ascending people make more (potentially, anyway). They still have their ascensions to go. :) Would you request ascensions have no effect on Ascended whatsoever? Would that be your idea of 'fair'? Or what do you propose?

Well someone putting a lot into their ascensions could have enough APP for 2300tril LF in when they are done ascending while those of us who got to TUK before sol's time didn't have any use for APP.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Sol
Forum Addict

Loki™ wrote:

Well someone putting a lot into their ascensions could have enough APP for 2300tril LF in when they are done ascending while those of us who got to TUK before sol's time didn't have any use for APP.

This is why I'm adjusting the function to allow for a slow continuous release.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Loki™
Forum Elder

Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:

This is why I'm adjusting the function to allow for a slow continuous release.

This is better but they still can get a significant amount of DMU more than other players for year's. What I'd like to suggest is reducing the possible max amount of LF gained per ascension.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Loki™ wrote:This is better but they still can get a significant amount of DMU more than other players for year's. What I'd like to suggest is reducing the possible max amount of LF gained per ascension.
Haha! That is something Sol has no say over. Go talk to Forum about this. ;)

*grin* Not that he will ever agree to such a thing.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”