Demi-Gods 2.0

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Demi-Gods 2.0

hokiehomeboy wrote: Now you are forcing users to play the demi god game in order to continue on with the side games that make ascended worth playing.
What, achievements? That is the ONLY sidegame that requires mandatory tasks involving demis. It in itself was made as of course a side game and for new players to be forced to do something so they can learn at the same time.
But I'm also forcing people to play tournaments, forcing people to increase their CER, kill more, descend more, increase their personals, the list goes on. I get requests from everyone to remove certain achievements because they hate it. It forces them to do something that's not in line with their play style. They would have to do something that would never normally be done in their eyes. As I said on Skype to you, I'm not going to customize everyone's achievements to be based on how they play the game.
They're achievements of the game, not certain aspects of it.
hokiehomeboy wrote: You allow a server where people can sit statless and just snipe until their heart is content. You allow users to keep demi god weapon benefits without the demi god equiped which further induces sniping. I sniped you for your insolence. Don't leave so many spies trained and no assassins, but I know you can just type a few lines of code or point and click and have those planets back in an instant. The satisfaction of showing you how prevalent sniping is was worth every AT I wasted because you should see how you are doing nothing but making the server unplayable by anyone who is not into the demi god game and encouraging snipers.
Do you want to make another thread for this? Or perhaps throw some realistic suggestions since everyone is sniping? Though there is that untrained planet thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=195964, it seems only a few people actually want them to be effected by the outsiders.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

Unsterblich wrote: Were did they vote as some dont have any clue on when or what next update might include ot whats changed.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=198428&start=30
Unsterblich wrote: yes its in the realm page for a few days and then there after. Were can we see when and whats been updated?
Updates page, where it usually is.
Unsterblich wrote: and fun meaning having time to guess what type demis they have and not exploit it to the others as in war times im not laying out what im gonna do or spesial weapon I have.
So you think GQ'ing for demis is bad?
Unsterblich wrote: wrekages is useless as some spent 20K ats on wreckages lalready and thats what ......like almost 1 month of inactivity were massings could have been done and instead they sit on untrained planets and no ats and login and count down the time left for the next harvest too take place.
stat builders instead of massings and stuff
So...people that don't mass others with their AT's shouldn't play the game? And I'm not allowed to give them the opportunity to use their AT's, except for massings?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Sol wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote: Now you are forcing users to play the demi god game in order to continue on with the side games that make ascended worth playing.
What, achievements? That is the ONLY sidegame that requires mandatory tasks involving demis. It in itself was made as of course a side game and for new players to be forced to do something so they can learn at the same time.
But I'm also forcing people to play tournaments, forcing people to increase their CER, kill more, descend more, increase their personals, the list goes on. I get requests from everyone to remove certain achievements because they hate it. It forces them to do something that's not in line with their play style. They would have to do something that would never normally be done in their eyes. As I said on Skype to you, I'm not going to customize everyone's achievements to be based on how they play the game.
They are side games for people to play to keep the game fun since all that is left anymore are snipers. You have forced everyone to play both side games and set back months of work for people who realize how pointless demi gods are in respect to what ATs can gain you in the form of permanent upgrades.

And you removed the requirement for 3 tourney wins? It seems you are pandering to a certain lot doesn't it.
Sol wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote: You allow a server where people can sit statless and just snipe until their heart is content. You allow users to keep demi god weapon benefits without the demi god equiped which further induces sniping. I sniped you for your insolence. Don't leave so many spies trained and no assassins, but I know you can just type a few lines of code or point and click and have those planets back in an instant. The satisfaction of showing you how prevalent sniping is was worth every AT I wasted because you should see how you are doing nothing but making the server unplayable by anyone who is not into the demi god game and encouraging snipers.
Do you want to make another thread for this? Or perhaps throw some realistic suggestions since everyone is sniping? Though there is that untrained planet thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=195964, it seems only a few people actually want them to be effected by the outsiders.
That thread went nearly 6 months without you changing a **Filtered** thing. I doubt you will change anything now since it doesn't fit your vision. At some point you need to realize you need to listen to those who help keep the game you admin alive instead of treating them as peasants.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:
Sol wrote:
They are side games for people to play to keep the game fun since all that is left anymore are snipers. You have forced everyone to play both side games and set back months of work for people who realize how pointless demi gods are in respect to what ATs can gain you in the form of permanent upgrades.
People play the side games since no one really plays the main game because of snipers, but pointless usage of AT's for the side games instead of using them for permanent upgrades for the main game is bad? Isn't that sort of a paradox.
hokiehomeboy wrote: And you removed the requirement for 3 tourney wins? It seems you are pandering to a certain lot doesn't it.
I changed it. Although given you can't exactly see all of the achievements, it doesn't mean I didn't spread those 3 tourney wins out.
hokiehomeboy wrote:
Sol wrote:
That thread went nearly 6 months without you changing a **Filtered** thing. I doubt you will change anything now since it doesn't fit your vision. At some point you need to realize you need to listen to those who help keep the game you admin alive instead of treating them as peasants.
:roll: Apart from the demi-god update, I'm a uni student, on my final year even. I don't have all the time in the world to do things. It was still done in the end at least.
Listen to what Hokie? People scream because they don't like something? I've said this before (in the other demi-god thread I think when someone said they wanted demi-gods removed), I can easily shut it all off. Remove tournies as well because some people dont like how 'easy' it is for some others to get awards. I prefer to make demi-gods viable, but in everyones eyes, anything that is worse off than what it was previously is bad, i.e. if it wasn't free (or so insignificant in cost) it sucks. So do you have a reasonable suggestion other than 'shut it off'?

I do listen. Here, a list of updates I did for others, some I didn't like, especially that ppt descension time thing. There were some suggestions over skype/email as well.
[spoiler]viewtopic.php?f=32&t=199433 (multiple)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=198428
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=201991
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=201043
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=197747
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=201212
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=196930
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=194320
(viewtopic.php?f=32&t=194309)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=193799
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=192901
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=193323
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=192653
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=190428
(viewtopic.php?f=32&t=189582)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=183049 (some of)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=163836
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=180827 (some of)
viewtopic.php?f=294&t=189849
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=191004
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=189815
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=188202 (some of/multiple)[/spoiler]
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I deleted all of the non-base demi-gods in my possession,
and with them, all of the quads of dmu that i put into them.

:-$

as for your lack of time to be an admin,

take a break. clearly you need it?
and you deserve it. :smt056
Sol
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:I deleted all of the non-base demi-gods in my possession,
and with them, all of the quads of dmu that i put into them.

:-$

as for your lack of time to be an admin,

take a break. clearly you need it?
and you deserve it. :smt056
I had a 6 month one as hokie pointed out :P.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Sol wrote: Listen to what Hokie? People scream because they don't like something? I've said this before (in the other demi-god thread I think when someone said they wanted demi-gods removed), I can easily shut it all off. Remove tournies as well because some people dont like how 'easy' it is for some others to get awards. I prefer to make demi-gods viable, but in everyones eyes, anything that is worse off than what it was previously is bad, i.e. if it wasn't free (or so insignificant in cost) it sucks. So do you have a reasonable suggestion other than 'shut it off'?
Shut it all off and remove all of the **Filtered** is probably the best course of action if you ask me.

Demi-gods will never be viable especially when there are those demi gods that continue to provide benefit even when no long equipped or even available on the account as I have pointed out numerous times. The free level upgrades through arena? Pointless. I say shut it all off.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

What the **Filtered** is this?
´Found and used a Tier 2 tech cache on a demi-god
´

I found, i used... Now still not as done?

Oh no,... I abandoned those useles demi gods ...

This seriously SOL? One of the worst updates ever in whole ascended history. I spent together to much turns on wrackages already and now you put achievments for that. Once acomplished before but we have to do it again.

Im going to ignore ascended again ... Just to keep it not descended.
RETURN of the P I R A T E
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Lets get a quote triangle going, quote this if you hate the update :-D
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
reborn
Forum Elite

Best update ever if u ask me.

Tbh could of done with some more lower ach, all are very easy to do, if ppl just read them or in fact tried to do them they would c that for themselves instead of whining.

I had done Equalise your mass and energy before, but wasn't ticked of, just did it again, not come on here and **Filtered**.

Only one atm is finding the Teir 2 chahe always seem to miss it starting. Any chance say the lower Tier 1's and 2's could have a higher count and that u can only personal find 1 per each wreckages.

Instead of 1 person finding 2-3 or even 4 in one go.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

reborn wrote: not come on here and **Filtered**.
You just did :-D
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
reborn
Forum Elite

No I didn't I asked something, there is a difference idc if he does or doesn't :D
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Is there a schedule for wreckages to become available so you can atleast wait for a new one and know when to send a demi and hope for a cache? Ive already found a tier 3 and used it, but ofcourse that was before update so doesnt count.

Dont really mind as im not an achievement/ME **Filtered** like some, but thought it could be useful atleast.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:Is there a schedule for wreckages to become available so you can atleast wait for a new one and know when to send a demi and hope for a cache? Ive already found a tier 3 and used it, but ofcourse that was before update so doesnt count.

Dont really mind as im not an achievement/ME **Filtered** like some, but thought it could be useful atleast.

How often they appear depends on the tier, tier 1 > tier 2 > tier 3.... etc. for the tier 2 cache achievement, it has to be a tier 2, not greater or equal to. If a t2 wreck hasn't come around yet I reckon there would be one soon.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Speaking of Demi God side questing achievements, can the following one be reduced?:
*Amount 4 x Tier 1, 4 x Tier 2 and 4 x Tier 3 tech caches *

That would take a long time to accomplish. I could see this being more acceptable if it was in the Influential God section or higher.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”