Demi-Gods 2.0

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Demi-Gods 2.0

I'm not going to answer any questions you can find out for yourself. Bug reports in the bugs thread.

Also Tolah, white numbers dont really go well with that sidebar, find me a better colour if you want. Just remember the colour is completely dependent on a persons screen settings though.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Borek
Forum Addict

Re: Demi-Gods 2.0

sorry to say but the new sidebars are horrific, can you do a basic version, it's too large especially for mobile stuff, i have to scroll down along way to see my DMU plus the font makes some letters seem like numbers. There is no point in having the date and time in a huge circle graphic, it is an almost completely pointless thing to take note of in ascended since it is not relevant as a statistic, just takes up unnecessary space and means i have to scroll even further down to get to the relevant info such as turns, DMU, messages etc. Would make much more sense to have the relevant info at the top for easy access.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
EbilCC
Forum Addict

what a load of crap nonsense update like confusing much ascended is meant to be simple but then again sol thinks in his own world and prob makes sense to him but yea
Last edited by EbilCC on Sat May 17, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Sol
Forum Addict

M.I.A wrote:what a load of crap nonsense update like confusing much ascended is meant to be simple but then again sol thinks in his own world and prob makes sense to him but modded this is just going to make big accounts bigger when they finally if ever get to understand ur dumb ass mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtopegN0HDg
Last edited by Caprila on Sun May 18, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: masking removed
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Castiel
Forum Expert
Alliance: DDE
Race: Angel
ID: 10351

Borek wrote:sorry to say but the new sidebars are horrific, can you do a basic version, it's too large especially for mobile stuff, i have to scroll down along way to see my DMU plus the font makes some letters seem like numbers. There is no point in having the date and time in a huge circle graphic, it is an almost completely pointless thing to take note of in ascended since it is not relevant as a statistic, just takes up unnecessary space and means i have to scroll even further down to get to the relevant info such as turns, DMU, messages etc. Would make much more sense to have the relevant info at the top for easy access.
+1

I'm running 24" screen at 1920x1080 and its kinda ridic that my browser cant display my resource
stat due to some huhe circle that has the date in it which fyi most people have in the lower left
corner or upper left corner.
M.I.A wrote:what a load of crap nonsense update like confusing much ascended is meant to be simple but then again sol thinks in his own world and prob makes sense to him but modded this is just going to make big accounts bigger when they finally if ever get to understand ur dumb ass mind
+1

Just a censored version, myself and quite alot of people I've talked to have no idea what you just
did with this update. I know you said you wont explain etc. You just turned a rather simple server
that was quite well balanced atm except for people rigging arenas.

I've always had fun playing ascended, more fun than I had playing main for the last few months.
That fun will surely disappear now.

Thank you
Last edited by Caprila on Sun May 18, 2014 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
What's it feel like? Took the wrong route
Watch it fall apart now you're knockin' at the wrong gate
For you to pay the toll, a price for you alone
The only deal you'll find, I'll gladly take your soul

Eleven's hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelve.
Jeicky
Forum Grunt
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: System Lord
ID: 43941

200 players online, ah, not here, other game...number of players is low, very low, after this update more players will stay away.

Congrats !
Sol
Forum Addict

Castiel wrote:
Just a censored version, myself and quite alot of people I've talked to have no idea what you just
did with this update. I know you said you wont explain etc. You just turned a rather simple server
that was quite well balanced atm except for people rigging arenas.
Then go and explore.
Many people run around like headless chickens after an update, looks at the first demi-god release.
Take some time to poke things or simplify what I wrote on the updates page, there was only like 4 things that happened.
-Mass/energy added, you get them from harvesting wreckages with demi-gods.
- use mass to build M2 Stargates, these allow you to hold and equip more demis.
- demis require upkeep in the form of energy.
- stacks of abilities added, current demi set up altered.

And no, I don't add something so simplified to the updates page because MORE of you will run around like headless chickens wondering what other things do and the finer details and mechanics.
And no, I don't add both versions because you will start kicking and screaming about how there is so much text to read and you don't end up reading it, like you probably haven't even now.
lose - lose - lose situation. I prefer how I did it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

can you make the side bar smaller, its currently kinda awkward and long, with large spaces between buttens and forcing many to scroll down to see any of their info.

what if put you clock in the upper left corner? move that list that is there to the upper right?
this would bring the turns/naq portion higher, and would need less squishing of the side bar buttons to get all that info on a standard screen.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Unsterblich
Forum Irregular
Alliance: SS
Race: ORI
ID: 2090

Update is rather confusing at first but looks beter accept for the Clock. :smt100

not sure if the ats used in the harvesting of mass/energy is going to bring back more ats otherwise it will be less mass/farm and it will put alot of active members in that position of becoming inactive.

by the looks of the demi gods used to harvest mass/energy and the ats spent will for sure decrease less activity waiting for the clock to runout and might be beter to let the mass and energy pay out the moment the demi is exhausted or noone else can harvest from that specific demi they harvest from.
instead of waiting for days for the next demi to get harvested

i do like the TOC and CER upgrade and is it possible to group it into the table and group them accordingly so u can individually choose to upgrade or make use of that new update on CER/TOC

the automatic gain of experience once u obtained the demi via massing others is using alot of ats in some cases and is it not possible once u obtain a tierdemi a certain amount of ats is pushed into a demi up for harvesting instead of using ur own ats
some worked hard for getting good tier demis and now if u want to gain mass/energy and there are not alot of players investing in the harvesting and the time runs out u loose that demi and the amount of ats u invested into the harvesting
automatic ats not from ur ats u have be added to the harvesting of demi experience
1k for tier 1
2k for tier 2
and so on so u get more time in massing and less time spending watching the big clock provided

loads are there to play in ascended and now with less ats will create inactivity
unless the ats are increaced accordingly once a demi is obtained
or repaid once ur demi has harvested enough mass/energy with incentive from the time u waited to refill

regards
Last edited by Unsterblich on Sat May 17, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For every DDE action there is an equal and opposite SS reaction.
bob the dog
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE
Race: DDE

Sol wrote:I prefer how I did it.

That says it all right there...

As many have said make the side bar smallers and the clock/date can just be burnt by fire its useless! how many people will look at it and say modded

Up side the colouring is cool but make the buttons smaller.

Rant over.
Last edited by Caprila on Sun May 18, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRY, HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

I find it interesting that you find it ok to just insult the players that you are sopposed to be trying to keep on the game :smt017
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

bob the dog wrote:

As many have said make the side bar smallers and the clock/date can just be burnt by fire its useless! how many people will look at it and say " O F*** me its the 17th, s**t i didnt know that.." POINTLESS

Rant over.
Wow. Sol what the hell is wrong with you. The players will make or break this game. I get it, you do the leg work to build the server, but if the players are against the changes you are pushing through, why the **Filtered** would you not listen? #-o
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
du5tin_eh
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1919461

Tetrismonkey wrote:
bob the dog wrote:

As many have said make the side bar smallers and the clock/date can just be burnt by fire its useless! how many people will look at it and say " O F*** me its the 17th, s**t i didnt know that.." POINTLESS

Rant over.
Wow. Sol what the hell is wrong with you. The players will make or break this game. I get it, you do the leg work to build the server, but if the players are against the changes you are pushing through, why the **Filtered** would you not listen? #-o

Guys/girls and generally angry people,

Lets calm down,Lets face it this game and this update needs two things Us (the players) and SOL. There a lot about this update i do not understand (yet) however a basic game play would of been better of how things work would of been better.

On the other side of the coin yes the time and date (really) life force, turns or DMU would of been better. instead of shouting just ask.

SOL as player who generally plays this game to descend people in main you have now made me work harder and hopefully play longer, This update has laid waste to my 5.169 TOC and now i need to play this update to get it back. However your description does not help, I am now fumbling my way through it to trying work out what to do. A definite semi detailed game play instruction would help. not just what you've done.

As an example i have two of my demi's to 'salvage' something using 500 turns has so far resulted in nowt
there is a count down timer so do i have to wait for this to run out or wait for the amount of turn s to expire.

Anyway I want a better understanding of this new update but at the same time i do think you have to listen to the community (the ones not screaming and shouting)

just my say...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

what language used sol for upgrade ?i don.t understand nothing
can we have a option for that bar ?

and that clock is a little small :smt043
Last edited by R0B3RT on Sat May 17, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sol
Forum Addict

R0B3RT wrote: can we have a option for that bar ?
Yes actually there is, you can go to your prefs page and change it, where the old black background thing was.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”