IN TOURNAMENT update (and now out of tournament)

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

IN TOURNAMENT update (and now out of tournament)

In the tournament, you can attack while -fully- phased, however it will of course decrease your realm alert damage meter.
This will soon occur for out of tournament gameplay.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: IN TOURNAMENT update (and now out of tournament)

Why?
Sol
Forum Addict

So people can play the game and not get 'perma-phased'.

Phasing was created to give people a chance to log in and rebuild/repair, instead of being massed over night in a matter of minutes.
It still does that job. Though now players can still play when they get back online, in 1 min or a few hours.
Overall the game (wars) moves along faster.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

I don't like this idea as phasing is one way to slow down the snipers which is basically everyone who does play ascended who isn't TF. Noobs love to snipe so if they can attack while phased perhaps if they attack while phased they unphase completely, sort of like logging in during arena. That way if they want to farm to repair a bit they unphase completely.

The way you have made the system now the person who is phased has the upperhand unless the person who is massing them is constantly refreshing their page.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:I don't like this idea as phasing is one way to slow down the snipers which is basically everyone who does play ascended who isn't TF. Noobs love to snipe so if they can attack while phased perhaps if they attack while phased they unphase completely, sort of like logging in during arena. That way if they want to farm to repair a bit they unphase completely.

The way you have made the system now the person who is phased has the upperhand unless the person who is massing them is constantly refreshing their page.
So you think it should be possible to continue to phase someone stopping them from playing the game?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
frans
Forum Grunt

It sounds like he wants his opponents to be fully unphased on the first move they make.
Sol
Forum Addict

Ah must have zoned out on that bit! They do unphase as they attack though. It's for whole amounts as well, like the arena. So full turn or not it's classified as a full turn hit.
Not too sure about fully unphasing someone for something that is supposed to protect them a bit so they can't be obliterated in a TC.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Sol wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:I don't like this idea as phasing is one way to slow down the snipers which is basically everyone who does play ascended who isn't TF. Noobs love to snipe so if they can attack while phased perhaps if they attack while phased they unphase completely, sort of like logging in during arena. That way if they want to farm to repair a bit they unphase completely.

So you think it should be possible to continue to phase someone stopping them from playing the game?
I did think it was fine. Here is why:

We've tried to keep people perma-phased before this update. It never worked effectively. To have someone online 24/7 every TC to keep that phase in place is just so difficult and impractical it's not a viable long-term strategy. Plus it uses so many turns which is a huge deterrent.

What phasing did allow is short-term protection. I commented in another thread about how it is really quite easy to mass in ascended and the losses for the defender will almost always be high. The entire game is set up to promote people logging in once a week, building just strike and going snipe massing. Even once they are taken down, they can recover very quickly due to the way plague/CER works. The next week they do it all again, while the defender might have to wait a month or more to recover their losses. With the way Destroy (and DM) currently work, there is little to no defense against this currently. Yes if you happen to be online you *might* be able to HA then DM them, but in that time they've probably Destroyed your defense quite significantly.

Phasing them so they can't hit gave us one option to pause the attacks on us and build a more solid counter. And yes we might keep them phased for a few TCs if we need until the threat has passed. We get the same effect in main by using alliance PPTs or emergency button. This change, sadly, puts even more power in the hands of the attacking snipers and takes away one of the very few defensive options we had. Now if we counter-attack and they phase, the attacker can pick any point in time to resume those attacks.

Please don't make the problem worse. We want to be promoting viable ways of building and defending stats. That would make the game far more interesting.

If you feel you absolutely need to stop "perma-phasing", make it so there is a 6-hour max limit on the phase or something similar.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
reborn
Forum Elite

What are you on Norbe you can perm phase someone just a few weeks ago you lot had be almost perm phased for 2 solid days , (bar a few mins were I got a couple attacks in)

Just other night phased for 3 hrs solid, getting in 3-4 attacks before phased.

It doesn't take a huge amount of turns it takes 30 turns to keep someone phased when they have been.

You keep saying about this is to protect the ppl that snipes, but if you see them instead of maybe sabbing to phase them you can DM? W8 are you saying they have lots of assassins you cant do that------ so hunt? Whats this your saying their defence is to high to hunt, WTH they have a defence?????

This is not like main were u can easy destroy someones strike.

You keep saying snipes all stay around CER plague limit because that's best for them, but look at a lot of the members in TF they might have a 5-10 quad defence but most of them all hanging around the CER plague too for max growth.

So which is it snipers use the max CER for strike , or ppl with a defence that keep rebuilding it for max CER.

You have it in MAIN were you can un-phase yourself at any time you wish, why should we not have it in ascended???
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

I've been asking for a way to unphase yourself for years, so this update is a welcome change.

For those not so keen on the update, I still like the alternative suggestion from back in 2012 that remove phasing altogether for war/war relations, you can find that discussion here:- viewtopic.php?f=32&t=190296
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sol
Forum Addict

Clockwork wrote:I've been asking for a way to unphase yourself for years, so this update is a welcome change.

For those not so keen on the update, I still like the alternative suggestion from back in 2012 that remove phasing altogether for war/war relations, you can find that discussion here:- viewtopic.php?f=32&t=190296
I thought I remember it being somewhere xD. War/war no phasing was a bit controversial, but at the least if two people hate each other they will attack each other frequently, and unphase as they do.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Norbe wrote:
Sol wrote:

I did think it was fine. Here is why:

We've tried to keep people perma-phased before this update. It never worked effectively. To have someone online 24/7 every TC to keep that phase in place is just so difficult and impractical it's not a viable long-term strategy. Plus it uses so many turns which is a huge deterrent.

What phasing did allow is short-term protection. I commented in another thread about how it is really quite easy to mass in ascended and the losses for the defender will almost always be high. The entire game is set up to promote people logging in once a week, building just strike and going snipe massing. Even once they are taken down, they can recover very quickly due to the way plague/CER works. The next week they do it all again, while the defender might have to wait a month or more to recover their losses. With the way Destroy (and DM) currently work, there is little to no defense against this currently. Yes if you happen to be online you *might* be able to HA then DM them, but in that time they've probably Destroyed your defense quite significantly.

Phasing them so they can't hit gave us one option to pause the attacks on us and build a more solid counter. And yes we might keep them phased for a few TCs if we need until the threat has passed. We get the same effect in main by using alliance PPTs or emergency button. This change, sadly, puts even more power in the hands of the attacking snipers and takes away one of the very few defensive options we had. Now if we counter-attack and they phase, the attacker can pick any point in time to resume those attacks.

Please don't make the problem worse. We want to be promoting viable ways of building and defending stats. That would make the game far more interesting.

If you feel you absolutely need to stop "perma-phasing", make it so there is a 6-hour max limit on the phase or something similar.

~Norbe~
You're stopping people playing the game. While it may not be permanent, it can easily be for a great deal of time.
If you're finding that some raw game mechanic isn't balancing it's better to make a suggestion (like in the other atk/def thread I created) to alter it. Rather than stunting an account and stopping them from playing the game.
In the grand scheme of the game, war is costly, snipers are just a set up to avoid war and continue to farm. It will always be a preferred choice.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”