Ascension Power Points - Stage I

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Ascension Power Points - Stage I

Hi, brief announcement regarding APP.

As outlined in the 'What's happening' thread, APP will be undergoing some changes.

Current definitions:
- APP: Ascension Power Points, the main reward for ascending in Main.
- LF: Life Force, your HP on Ascended, also used as a currency for upgrades.
- AT: Attack Turn, your ability to act repeatedly in the game.
- APP:LF ratio: dynamic conversion ratio, 1 APP converts to x LF. At the time of writing this, the ratio is roughly 1 AP:750k LF, increasing over time.
- Conversion caps: maximum and minimum limits on automatic conversion from APP to LF; capped at max 1T LF/day.
- TTC: 'Time to Total Conversion', the time it takes for all APP to be converted down to the minimal amount that will not be converted.

Changes per July 2018:
1. Minimum and Maximum converted per day will be made dynamic, but remain connected to the current planet sizes; Caps increase over time at the same rate the APP:LF ratio grows. This will be retroactive, so the initial change will be significant.
APP:LF ratio is dynamic, increasing with time. With conversion hard-capped at 1T LF/day maximum, every day less APP will be converted, and TTC (Time to Total Conversion) increases over time. As a consequence of this change, more LF will be converted every day, while the same amount of APP is converted.
2. An activity modifier to APP conversion is implemented, offering a boost to conversion by 10% for every 1000 ATs used in the last 24h - this modifier caps at 10%, and is calculated throughout the turn. The modifier is tiered per 1%. The modifier ignores the hard caps on conversion, and effectively increases the APP:LF ratio - you get up to 10% more LF per APP.
Turns exist to be used, a small bonus offers some incentive to use those ATs instead of waiting for conversion. The bonus is meaningless for people without a stack of APP, who have enough ATs at their disposal to -theoretically- maintain the 10% modifier permanently for a little extra auto-generated LF.
3. APP:LF ratio will be formally tied to the age of the Ascension server and be the same for everyone.

tl;dr: APP conversion will be sped up from the current state, then frozen at a fixed amount of APP per day. This means a steady increase in LF gained through automatic conversion over time, and a reduction of the TTC.

This is the first stage of modifications to the Ascension process.
Questions? Fire away.
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Re: Ascension Power Points - Stage I

so will there be any option to convert part of APP to ascended turns?
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Support
Site Admin

None whatsoever. The strategic choice remains between converting all APP to ATs or get the full charge of LF over time.

Am considering an option to channel resources on Main (Glory makes the most sense) to an AT refill on Ascended, much like the current APP infusion option. (Go check it out in Main if you don't know what I am talking about.) ;)
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

so those unicorns? :smt081
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Support
Site Admin

Some initial figures for the more technically minded:
- Current increase to conversion caps comes out at roughly 5.5 times the current rate for all players regardless of planet size. From implementation going forward, this will grow by roughly 40% of the current conversion, each year - to put that in perspective, that means that 1 year from now, the minimum conversion cap will have grown by 160B per day, and the maximum conversion cap by 400B per day. This growth is visible per turn change.
- The Planet Count range between which conversion has its minimum and maximum is 1.4B through 55B. Planet count is an inverse logarithmic modifier to conversion: the increase to conversion is greatest closer to the minimum, and smallest closer to the maximum.
- The AP:LF rate is not changed from its current setup, as a dynamic - increasing - rate. The rate of growth of the AP:LF ratio is exactly the same as the growth of the conversion caps.

Observations:
- As before, the impact of Planet Count continues to incentivise building up your army size.
- The change to AP conversion means that, relative to army size, a fixed amount of AP is converted each day. At the maximum, you will convert roughly 6.6 million AP per day.

Immediate next steps:
- Testing activity modifier - finding a properly motivating figure to slightly promote active play over the 'sit and wait' tactic.

tl;dr: Your AP-to-LF conversion will increase by roughly 550% when the update is implemented regardless of your army size, and will keep growing in the future. Activity modifier information will follow.
Support
Site Admin

Implemented. (and thread moved)

Note: Activity modifier not implemented pending some statistical analysis for pre-launch fine-tuning. :) (ie. getting the numbers to make sense before introducing the feature)
Mane
Forum Newbie

Will wreckage turns be included in the activity modifier?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”