The Grand Council Of NanoTi Beings. Take 1.

All Replicator and NanoTiMasters discussion
~Vix~
Forum Elder
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: THE Forum Warrior
ID: 87619

The Grand Council Of NanoTi Beings. Take 1.

First off, NO spam from any other races please. Yes, we're aware that we are legos. Now lets move on, however. Any Replicat0r jokes that haven't been done to death, feel free to add in, might be a pleasant surprise!

This is the chambers for a newly formed NanoTi council, which will referred to as the Grand Council. Here we can discuss matters which are relevant to us and also attempt to bolster our numbers. The current formation of the council is as follows...

NanoTi GOD Vix
Replicat0r Lord Morbius Liadon
NanoTi Lord Phalax
NanoTi Prince Milliardo Peacecraft

I'm sure there are more to join.

and remember boys and girls...
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
Morbius Liadon
Forum Grunt
Race: Replicator
ID: 1969782
Alternate name(s): Morbius Liadon

Re: The Grand Council Of NanoTi Beings. Take 1.

I think the Grand Council's first order of business is to determine what it's goals will be. I would think a short manifesto consisting of our goals and political structure should be determined and agreed upon here. Now obviously we must work around the fact that we will all be loyal to our different alliances, but we must also remain loyal to our brothers and sisters and unite to ensure that our great race remains a power deserving respect within the universe.

Of course we also need to increase our support, which means we need to spread the word. I have sent a message to the leaders of +SS+ Replica, which is a small (3 members) Replicator alliance. They are small, but may be of help in bolstering our numbers. I linked them to this thread.

I doubt it is much needed, but I would also take this time to nominate Vix as acting High Councilor (title subject to change) of the Replicator Grand Council until a charter or manifesto is made. Again, I know this may not be needed as Vix is the one starting the council, but making the position official will cement the authority.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

you should also talk with Psi about that sig before using it... it belongs to him (and to its creator whose name we've forgotten)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
~Vix~
Forum Elder
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: THE Forum Warrior
ID: 87619

Zeratul wrote:you should also talk with Psi about that sig before using it... it belongs to him (and to its creator whose name we've forgotten)

Ah, i got it off Google. I did recognize something in the URL though, guess thats why! I'll send him a PM about it. I'm going to PM Gary (twitchy/garythesnail) tonight and get him involved. Can't leave out the beautiful Twitchy! I agree about our manifesto and yes we do need to have a political structure also in place. We need to be fully organized to ensure our survival. I would propose that our key focus would be to do the following;

• Assist smaller Replicat0rs/NanoTi's with ascension.
  • Assist both small and large players, possibly by creating Co/Officer circles to boost incomes & UP's.
  • Give support and aid to any and all Replicators/NanoTi's who are in conflict that is not their own doing.
  • Increase role playing on the general forum to an active degree, and also on our race forum.
  • Bring back race pride.

We need to start approaching players and full alliances ingame about this. I'd suggest accessing the 'race rankings' and veiwing all the players under the NanoTiMaster/Replicator name and PM'ing them. Informing them of our crusade. Possibly sheltering younger, smaller, unascended lone wolf Nanites under one banner and giving assist, such as a Haven project could help a lot.
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

To promote roleplay, you really need to develop a style that is naturally replicatorly... Something to fight back with in style when people come with the lego jokes... and random binary code only works for a couple of posts... besides, if you've paid attention, replicator base code isn't binary... its written in ancient/alteran and is therefore much more complex.

That (above) has generally been the greatest hindrance for active replicator race play.

The average, pre-humanform replicator is fairly neutral, will only attack if attacked, and is extremely solution-oriented. When a replicator grouping of sufficient size comes across a problem (like hyperdrive that is too weak) they do not complain, they build a replacement.

We suspect that the specs for a lot of ancient tech is buried in the replicator base code, as well as a lot of their technological know-how. Find a way to utilize that for RP, and you'll be on a good start towards the goal.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

~Command request 1.012
~
~Communication with entity u=4814 requested
~
~Connection created

Something along these lines Z :P?
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

still seems far too simple... but better than binary silliness...

Thoth
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Tiberius
Sopdu

Zeratul wrote:To promote roleplay, you really need to develop a style that is naturally replicatorly... Something to fight back with in style when people come with the lego jokes... and random binary code only works for a couple of posts... besides, if you've paid attention, replicator base code isn't binary... its written in ancient/alteran and is therefore much more complex.

That (above) has generally been the greatest hindrance for active replicator race play.

The average, pre-humanform replicator is fairly neutral, will only attack if attacked, and is extremely solution-oriented. When a replicator grouping of sufficient size comes across a problem (like hyperdrive that is too weak) they do not complain, they build a replacement.

We suspect that the specs for a lot of ancient tech is buried in the replicator base code, as well as a lot of their technological know-how. Find a way to utilize that for RP, and you'll be on a good start towards the goal.

woah you meaning replicators appearing in remnants? If so that'd be cool...
Thoth speaking through his host.
Tiberius speaking.
Anyone else in my posts speaking.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

At the current point in time, no such plans, but if there's enough RPers that find a good SG-lore-true way to RP as replicators, who knows what the future will bring?

An RP has to develop according to its participants, or it'll die quickly.

Milliardo Peacecraft
Forum Newbie
Alliance: We are many
Race: Nano Ti MASTER

Well, Ill get started PMing....
Morbius Liadon
Forum Grunt
Race: Replicator
ID: 1969782
Alternate name(s): Morbius Liadon

Zeratul wrote:To promote roleplay, you really need to develop a style that is naturally replicatorly... Something to fight back with in style when people come with the lego jokes... and random binary code only works for a couple of posts... besides, if you've paid attention, replicator base code isn't binary... its written in ancient/alteran and is therefore much more complex.

Well we could always start using a more complicated counting system. Instead of Base-2 we could use Octal (Base-8), Hex (Base-16) or even go farther and use something crazy like Base-64. Considering how advanced Replicator AI is, it would make sense that a higher base counting system would be used as their base code. Although it also must be remembered that we may consider ourselves Humanform replicators (NanoTi =P), with developed feelings and emotions, and are therefore not always neutral like the spiders.

ASCII:
This could be our base code

Octal:
%124%150%151%163%40
%143%157%165%154%144%40
%142%145%40
%157%165%162%40
%142%141%163%145%40
%143%157%144%145%12

Hex:
54 68 69 73 20 63 6f 75 6c 64 20 62 65 20 6f 75 72 20 62 61 73 65 20 63 6f 64 65

Base-64:
VGhpcyBjb3VsZCBiZSBvdXIgYmFzZSBjb2R

Personal, I am partial to using Base-64, as it is the shortest.

I will start PMing Replicators to join our cause. I think the goals laid out by Vix can act as our temporary manifesto until a more finalized version can be perfected.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Remember, its also a good idea that one doesn't need to decrypt it all to read posts...

One thing we'd guess could be repli-rp would be for posts and such to be extremely methodical. machines like replicators are generally (we'd guess) not particularly artistic. Function before form.

Overly methodical behavior that is also persistent and rather emotionless behavior is sure to annoy opulent and arrogant Goa'uld.
Replicators (block-based not humanform) could not care less about feelings. They have a purpose and keep to it.

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

True. But the majority.

The Asuran culture was different, it had developed to mimic ancient society, and they were more artistic.

the simple blocks had, so far as we know, no concept of art.

RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

The Jaffa King will allow this for now, as the jaffa do not use much technology and we see you being more of a nuisance to our enemies then too my brothers and sisters, but be warned if you get out of control, I will stomp you like the insignificant spiders you are

[spoiler]I suck at Roll Play but always love to try :)[/spoiler]
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Milliardo Peacecraft
Forum Newbie
Alliance: We are many
Race: Nano Ti MASTER

it would suck for him to find out his ship is made from legos with legs....

Return to “Replicators/ NanoTiMasters”