sab to work on attack weapons only

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.

Moderator: Suggestion/Reports Mods

Post Reply
User avatar
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:29 am
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by RepliMagni » Sat May 07, 2011 3:12 am

How else would you take down a 250tril def? How else would you outflank someone in an onliner? How else would you sab out someone's entire strike?

Its a necessary part of the game. If you ascend, you know what you're getting yourself into.
Image

noone
Forum Elite
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:49 am
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.
Location: gone

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by noone » Sat May 07, 2011 3:19 am

Here's an idea ... why not have two type of sabotage attacks ?

Attack weapons sab and defence weapons sabotage.

Each with their own costs ofc.

Defence sabs could perhaps cost more covert turns, or heavier losses as they actually have to run into the defence, or have the sab attempt on the defence weapons intertwined by something of needing a certain % of strike power relative to defence.

Same goes for sabotages on the attack weapons, you could perhaps need a certain amount of anti coverts to have the sabotage success % increase.

Just throwing in some ideas.

User avatar
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:50 am
Alliance: The Legion
Location: China Beijing

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by stuff of legends » Sat May 07, 2011 3:25 am

RepliMagni wrote:How else would you take down a 250tril def? How else would you outflank someone in an onliner? How else would you sab out someone's entire strike?

Its a necessary part of the game. If you ascend, you know what you're getting yourself into.

Thats great accept i wasnt denying its usefulness, in a team/alliance i expect there to be a few high covert lvls. But its the fact that sabbing now can take out a heavy defence in a few sabs, protecting against it requires large amounts of naq for the levels. So everyone that had the time either farmed a shedload of naq or bought it. Screwed everyone else over that didnt fit that criteria. Ascending or not some people were screwed for awhile, and still are.
Image
Image

User avatar
Loki™
Forum Elder
Posts: 2464
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:43 am
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by Loki™ » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:49 am

I'm a defensive player and I think this is a bad idea. You could put ALL your units into def without fear of sabbing but if someone tried to take you out he'd need covert to protect his strike thus making the massing VERY hard.
Image
Image
SpoilerShow
Image

Image
And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
SpoilerShow
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.

User avatar
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:59 am
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~
Location: UNITED KINGDOM!

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by Ryuujin Jakka » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:43 am

Nostra wrote:Here's an idea ... why not have two type of sabotage attacks ?

Attack weapons sab and defence weapons sabotage.

Each with their own costs ofc.

Defence sabs could perhaps cost more covert turns, or heavier losses as they actually have to run into the defence, or have the sab attempt on the defence weapons intertwined by something of needing a certain % of strike power relative to defence.

Same goes for sabotages on the attack weapons, you could perhaps need a certain amount of anti coverts to have the sabotage success % increase.

Just throwing in some ideas.



but you are sabbotaging weapons in an armoury , your arnt sabbotaging troops..
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.

User avatar
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Posts: 3890
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:04 am
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0
Location: The Rising Sun

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by GOLDEN WING » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 am

To be 100% Honest these types of changes should have been done a Long time a go.

This game is to old now and to many people dragging it down.we had a great game then people hit unknown and suddenly demanded a change because they where bored..that was your 1st mistake Admin J changing the game from a game where the little guy with 10m strike supers could mass a guy and damage him if he wanted ,to a game based on who farms and spends the most on Covert levels its a complete joke what this has turned into really.

we can't go back and change the game from covert level dominance because its not right these people that have ONLY invested in covert levels for the last year and a half the 39's and 38's would get uber screwed if anything would happen to the covert system at all which in my book is not right and should not happen at all.

Want to make the game better?

play it yourself admin J you made it and want to fix it but this community is just **Filtered** with all the good you want to do so make yourself an account and play i'll back you with everything you believe will help Everyone and not just 1 side which seems to be happening allot recently because of People getting bored and stats to high so no-wander this game is on its lifeboat right now and your the only 1 that can save it.


Golden

EDIT

Suggestions

find something that targets Spies other than AC units if you are to keep covert the same we need some way to get to them that bypasses defense making spies vulnerable which should stop massive defenses because the risk would be to high...

also this special attack would force spies to retreat into uu's and can only be used once per turn/account.

in the end Defenses stay the same but more risks involved and possibly a massive plunder for big team players if they get there target at right time.

nothing to worry about but as all of you know this effects entire server the same (but people that like building big must fear something)

*Add a delay on Alliance attack log if we are to go back to normal massing we need extra time and its impossible with the current alliance features 2-4minutes should be fine,If your on Autowar its your fault you lost your defense but if your noxed it should take much longer than 3 or 4 min which is plenty of time to see someone in Alliance logs.
Image
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!

User avatar
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie
Posts: 6092
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:30 pm

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by Field Marshall » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:32 am

Umm...this is old ](*,)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.

User avatar
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:43 pm
ID: 0
Location: Creepin in the back door

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by jedi~tank » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:47 am

Just put it back to where it was right at the end of the sever war, leave the 3at rule in soz I can mass PROPERLY again GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.
Image

Image

Image

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

User avatar
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Posts: 3890
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:04 am
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0
Location: The Rising Sun

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by GOLDEN WING » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 am

Jedi~Tank wrote:Just put it back to where it was right at the end of the sever war, leave the 3at rule in soz I can mass PROPERLY again GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.


Exactly :P was a fun time then :smt060
Image
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!

User avatar
Loki™
Forum Elder
Posts: 2464
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:43 am
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by Loki™ » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 am

GOLDEN WING wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Just put it back to where it was right at the end of the sever war, leave the 3at rule in soz I can mass PROPERLY again GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.


Exactly :P was a fun time then :smt060

Only the fighters were having fun.
Image
Image
SpoilerShow
Image

Image
And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
SpoilerShow
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.

User avatar
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:59 am
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~
Location: UNITED KINGDOM!

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by Ryuujin Jakka » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:08 am

•Loki• wrote:
GOLDEN WING wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Just put it back to where it was right at the end of the sever war, leave the 3at rule in soz I can mass PROPERLY again GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.


Exactly :P was a fun time then :smt060

Only the fighters were having fun.



the game is called Gate "wars" ?
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.

User avatar
twistie666
Forum Irregular
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:39 am
Alliance: Unknøwn Łegacy
Race: Asgard
ID: 90384
Location: Australia

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by twistie666 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 am

i agree put it back to where it first was. or atleast make sabbing equal with old school massing! :smt021
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Eelyzabth
Forum Irregular
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:29 pm
Alliance: DDE
Race: replicator
ID: 1961519

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by Eelyzabth » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:06 am

This update would basically mean those few guys that have spent time, resources and even real money getting to L39 have basically wasted their time, I haven't so its not a biggie to me, but those that have deserve to be able to use the accounts they have built, However, that said, there does need to be some re balancing, the only changes I'd say was fair was to either reduce the % destroyed, as previously suggested, or alter the % increase per covert level, so instead of each level being 50% higher than the previous, it is maybe 33% higher?

but if we can only sab attack, everyone will scrap their attack and play defensively, with no coverts trained... it will basically kill the game, sorry to sound harsh, but thats how it is.
Image
Image
Some girls turn heads. DDE girls break necks.....oh and.... Its NOT a bra, its a lacy summer top!!
My DDE MedalsShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Field Marshall wrote: Lizzy for president =D>

~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Posts: 2609
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:45 am
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"
Location: The Netherlands!

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by ~LordRse~ » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:14 am

Eelyzabth wrote:but if we can only sab attack, everyone will scrap their attack and play defensively, with no coverts trained... it will basically kill the game, sorry to sound harsh, but thats how it is.

Amen to this!
Image
SpoilerShow
Past sigs

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Rocky
Tollan
Posts: 3201
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:10 pm
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Post by Rocky » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am

~LordRse~ wrote:
Eelyzabth wrote:but if we can only sab attack, everyone will scrap their attack and play defensively, with no coverts trained... it will basically kill the game, sorry to sound harsh, but thats how it is.

Amen to this!

this thread is a bit old, i think it was already decided not to implement this.
Image
Image
TL vs mHShow
ImageImage
TL vs DDEShow
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDEShow
ImageImageImageImage

Post Reply

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”