Opinion Poll - Recent (and potentially upcoming) Updates

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.

What do you want?

Maintain Status Quo Entirely
1%
Sabotage Only Destroy Attack Weapons
4%
Lower % of Def Weps Sabbed, or Total Amount of Sabs Possible
7%
Keep Sabotage Exactly As It Is
7%
Remove Alliance Repair Function
10%
Keep Alliance Repair Function
12%
Remove Alliance PPT Function
8%
Keep Alliance PPT Function
17%
Lower Attacker Losses When Massing
13%
Keep % Losses When Massing As They Are
2%
Increase Amount Of Hits Allowed Before Someone Phases
16%
Keep Massing As It Is
4%

Total votes: 184
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Opinion Poll - Recent (and potentially upcoming) Updates

[If this is inappropriate by all means slap me down for my impertinence :P]

Vote away, what you want changing/keeping/introducing to try and balance the game further. If further options are wanted, I'm sure a mod will change the poll options - rather than complain at Admin for trying to improve the game, lets at least show him what we want changing. ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Opinion Poll - Recent (and potentially upcoming) Updates

(if you can not vote, change your forum style)

Curious to see what will come of this one..
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Happy to slap you down :-D

Maintaining status quo would make the game boring for everyone.
Also, each change is different and cant be lumped together.

How about changing the poll to whether all significant game changes need to be adequately and openly discussed in the Game Suggestion Section of these forums before being implemented?

I have been advocating this for several years.
Last edited by Robe on Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish
ID: 0

Remove Alliance Repair Function
Remove Alliance PPT Function
Lower Attacker Losses When Massing
Increase Amount Of Hits Allowed Before Someone Phases

I voted for those, i think these are the only tweaks needed.

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Remove or limit alliance repair.
Lower attacker losses.
Keep alliance PPT.
Increase hits allowed before someone phases.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I agree with Kikaz... :shock:

limiting alliance repair further should be considered an option.

I also agree with Robe...
although houses still passed... :P
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Lower % of Def Weps Sabbed, or Total Amount of Sabs Possible Slightly more for Attack/Slightly Less for Defense IE 3% for all now, make it 4% for attack and 3% for defense or 3% for attack and 2% for defense

Remove Alliance Repair Function I don't know about completely removing it, but it should be limited at least. Maybe split the functions into repair defense weapons, repair attack weapons.

Keep Alliance PPT Function I think it works well/ is an interesting function. Can be used as a delay if there is a surprise attack and makes for more interesting tactics than the Alliance Repair.

Lower Attacker Losses When Massing Maybe not as much as before the more recent big update, but losses for destroying something versus building it seem a bit off.

Increase Amount Of Hits Allowed Before Someone Phases Least important, especially if alliance repair is removed/limited and actual damage from massing is changed.

Also:
Auto-War at 240 Hits Should be increased to a more reasonable level.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

BMMJ13 wrote:Lower % of Def Weps Sabbed, or Total Amount of Sabs Possible Slightly more for Attack/Slightly Less for Defense IE 3% for all now, make it 4% for attack and 3% for defense or 3% for attack and 2% for defense

Remove Alliance Repair Function I don't know about completely removing it, but it should be limited at least. Maybe split the functions into repair defense weapons, repair attack weapons.

Keep Alliance PPT Function I think it works well/ is an interesting function. Can be used as a delay if there is a surprise attack and makes for more interesting tactics than the Alliance Repair.

Lower Attacker Losses When Massing Maybe not as much as before the more recent big update, but losses for destroying something versus building it seem a bit off.

Increase Amount Of Hits Allowed Before Someone Phases Least important, especially if alliance repair is removed/limited and actual damage from massing is changed.

Also:

:smt060 agree 200%
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

the best thing to is admin set a survey and send it to all members that once completed gets 1k ats , this poll have some of the ideas that a survey could include :)
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

BMMJ13 wrote:Lower % of Def Weps Sabbed, or Total Amount of Sabs Possible Slightly more for Attack/Slightly Less for Defense IE 3% for all now, make it 4% for attack and 3% for defense or 3% for attack and 2% for defense
Or, my personal preference, 2%A / .5%D. Removing it entirely for defence is also an option, in which case, 2%A suffices. It should be costly to sab, either in turns or in spies, no matter what.
BMMJ13 wrote:Remove Alliance Repair Function I don't know about completely removing it, but it should be limited at least. Maybe split the functions into repair defense weapons, repair attack weapons.
Limit its use to a specific number of times per turn. i.e. once per turn, for example. This will make sure alliance repair is not used by alliance leaders to play defence for their members under fire.
BMMJ13 wrote:Keep Alliance PPT Function I think it works well/ is an interesting function. Can be used as a delay if there is a surprise attack and makes for more interesting tactics than the Alliance Repair.
Limit the use to 3 consecutive turns, after which alliance PPT cannot be used for 12 hours. This should make it possible to 'force an alliance on PPT', in order to take out their ability to mass-PPT at a later stage of the battle.
BMMJ13 wrote:Lower Attacker Losses When Massing Maybe not as much as before the more recent big update, but losses for destroying something versus building it seem a bit off.
Relative to current situation: Increase losses when strike >> defence (overkill should result in increased friendly fire, massing a specific defence requires a specific strike within a range). Decrease losses when strike > defence (just over defence, lower deaths, or more on both). Decrease losses when strike < defence. (Should be able to mass someone at a little under their defence.) Massively increase losses when strike << defence (running into a brick wall should hurt like hell).
BMMJ13 wrote:Increase Amount Of Hits Allowed Before Someone Phases Least important, especially if alliance repair is removed/limited and actual damage from massing is changed.
Agreed. Some increase would be nice.
BMMJ13 wrote:Also:
Totally agreed.
(Don't shoot me, just saying.) -_-
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

but the sab the att weaps is such a strategic enhancement!
sab att weap.
mass def weap
both are needed to take someone out... as it stands its an 'either/or' ... would much prefer an 'and'
sure it changes it up a bit, but really forces a balance ....

no?
Don't make me use this!!!
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

i could agree to an update that makes sabbing only take out attack weps IF and only if alliance repair no longer repaired defense (just attack) or it was taken out completely. Otherwise its way to hard to take a defense down.
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

doc holliday wrote:i could agree to an update that makes sabbing only take out attack weps IF and only if alliance repair no longer repaired defense (just attack) or it was taken out completely. Otherwise its way to hard to take a defense down.

This Jason.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Forum wrote:but the sab the att weaps is such a strategic enhancement!
sab att weap.
mass def weap
both are needed to take someone out... as it stands its an 'either/or' ... would much prefer an 'and'
sure it changes it up a bit, but really forces a balance ....

no?
It is .. excellent, and the shaking up the current situation is great.. but only when the alliance repair is changed to Doc and Kikaz suggestion (only attack repaired) or taken out. The former being the preferable option, imho.
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

i want it to go back to the old ways where attack weapons aren't as easily damaged that time we had everyone from big to small massing :) and it was a fun time for the game.

people are leaving because the new massing style is to costly (You need level 35-36 just to compete)

so players just think whats the point.

so my suggestion would be.

increase the amount of damage done to defense weapons per hit and allow the attacker to damage defenses with like 15-25% on the defense as strike.

it will bring back old school + lower amount of sabbs allowed per player.
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”