alliance gifts

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Re: alliance gifts

Thanks for fixing the bug Forum :smt060
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

giving out ATs being abused? please elaborate further then a few chicken scratches. ATs are spent by active people(s) to catch up (or at least close the gaps) with others. With that said surely more should be a good thing :-k

Angelis~ wrote:[spoiler2=]Edit. How about this. Give alliance leaders the ability to change the percentage of alliance income with a max of say 20% (just throwing out numbers here) and the higher the percentage is the lower the function costs are. Basically meaning individual members would lose out on a higher % of personal income going to the alliance bank but the alliance gets cheaper function costs.[/spoiler2]

Interesting idea, would be easier to discuss it further with a more elaborate structure and some examples. I like it looking at it but then again I only insert my own thought with examination. Others may touch it if more through work was applied. Not sure so much about the reduction to costs but raising taxes would certainly be a interesting feature :-k

Forum wrote:ok there was a bug with costs...

will be back to discuss ideas soonly :)

Thanks J much appericated :) we await your arrival in hopes even you have some ideas to throw at us :-D
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok gone through ideas so far....a few comments.
1) not going to nix houses at this point for something that replicates at least half the functionality.
2) i do like the idea of ability of alliance to set tax rate, but... that will take some work. not off the table though...
3) AT gift is out as not fair to non-alliance. unless i do something there as well, but then its not an alliance gift :)
4) increased realm alert is ok but would 'trump' the player setting...and would need another gift to set back for those that do not change it themselves (ie not just timed to revert)
5) how are costs looking now for those larger alliances? more reasonable? is it on course to raise (1/365 %) each day? should be...

more to come...
Don't make me use this!!!
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

costs seem to be ok for the most part only one I question is the bank upgrades....
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL
ID: 0

Iƒrit wrote:costs seem to be ok for the most part only one I question is the bank upgrades....

Bring down the costs of the bank upgrades, or increase the % given.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

And allow it to be bought in multiples more than 1...Coz clicking a button 10,000 times is far from fun
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

:smt115

Alliance UNDO gift

if one get massed he can use the undo gift and here it goes all the trouble and 99.99% wont complain bout who , why, when, etc.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

[BoT] Jason wrote:And allow it to be bought in multiples more than 1...Coz clicking a button 10,000 times is far from fun

auto clicker :O

shhhh lol

nah man its BS how expesive any of the upgrades are , it just takes the piss ,, any alliance smaler than 50x members with 300m miners each will struggle to use any gifts any aammount of time ,,,,,
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

The AT gift idea isn't SOO bad...
but they absolutely MUST be personal turns, and the rate of purchase should be sizable.

Other than that it's hard to come up with ideas that don't mess with gameplay too much, or produce resources. I like SS's idea personally.

Perhaps an alliance reward program, or the ability to have intra-alliance competitions with rewards from the bank system. Not sure what kind of rewards there could be but maybe someone else would have some ideas. Maybe special titles for users who do well based on activity, that the leader could issue (for a small cost)

It won't affect gameplay, but it could be a visual thing to allow people to show off that they're the "Top Farmer, or Top Raider, Biggest Planet Thief.. ect" In their alliance.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Robe wrote:A Visit to the Back Room
When you visit the Back Room for a modest fee you could join a card game.

Depending on your wager (and how your hand goes) you could win a range of gifts for all members
with some outcomes better than others...

For example every member could receive any one of the following random gifts:
1k AT, 1t Naq, an Alliance Repair, 1 hour PPT or Increased bank by 1%
or lose their hand
or receive a second chance draw...

The outcome would need to be random and the ability to wager limited to double or nothing.
Visits would need to be limited to once a day so they didn't significantly affect game play.

Alliance Tax Rate
Many players have previously suggested that the Tax Rate should be adjustable and I agree that this is a good idea.

Alliance PPT
Alliances should be able to use PPT as they see fit and not be grouped into 4 x 3 hours.
Grouping the PPT has unnecessarily reduced its functionality for different alliance requirements.

I 100% agree with all of the above.
As for the turns i think they should only be NON-TRANSFERABLE turns...saves anyone complaning....also would stop or at least slow some alliances with multi's in it.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

An option to reduce Mothership travel time.

Wormhole flight

Something like making it cost 25b per player in alliance.
All travel times get reduced with 12 hours.
Optional of three times max per week. (max once per 24hours)

<.<

>.>
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

NanoBite wrote:An option to reduce Mothership travel time.

Wormhole flight

Something like making it cost 25b per player in alliance.
All travel times get reduced with 12 hours.
Optional of three times max per week. (max once per 24hours)

Cool name but I don't think there should be a gift built to help snipers take more planets.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Everyone is proposing upgrades in their favor :smt047

Snipers are players too, and tbh, snipers may be annoying, but they are generally made by their ingame enemies :D

Not everyone has enough resources to build up lots of stuff daily so the enemy has 'something to kill' with their superior covert levels.
And tbh, war wise, its plain stupid to give the enemy something they can destroy, its just not profitable.

I ascend, I farm, I raid, I take planets :smt047

I think it could be a nice addition, not just for snipers, but for wars too.

ps: it would only be 1,5 more planet steals per week more ;)
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Nostra wrote:Everyone is proposing upgrades in their favor :smt047

Snipers are players too, and tbh, snipers may be annoying, but they are generally made by their ingame enemies :D

Not everyone has enough resources to build up lots of stuff daily so the enemy has 'something to kill' with their superior covert levels.
And tbh, war wise, its plain stupid to give the enemy something they can destroy, its just not profitable.

I ascend, I farm, I raid, I take planets :smt047

I think it could be a nice addition, not just for snipers, but for wars too.

ps: it would only be 1,5 more planet steals per week more ;)

interesting author... :smt081

and I am generally sympathetic to the arguement...

even in agreement to a point. 8-[

with certain exceptions, mind you... :lol:

though if Admin Jason thought it necessary,
he could cap planet theft at 1 per day for the thief,

and the Wormhole Flight would simply protect your ground troops & restore your strike and defense faster...
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

how bout fix alliance repair update so repairs are based on number of players in alliance. like 1 repair per player per week :smt047
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”