alliance gifts

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

alliance gifts

ok with the reduction in alliance repair, and likely upcoming shortening of alliance PPT ...
what else woudl ppl like to see in the gift basket? one hand takes, while the other giveth... :)

ideas welcome..
Don't make me use this!!!
imptastic
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): imp

Re: alliance gifts

hmmm, extra 500 turns to each player :smt060 =D> =D> each week :smt050
NEW ACCOUNT !!! ID 1943869

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 -AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE -
TUS - TUN - TUK

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=178145
Deadliest Wes
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: Oni System Lord
ID: 68005
Alternate name(s): Your Worse Nightmare, The Butcher!

:smt115 hmm maybe a super weapon to destory all the defense weapons you seem to want everyone to keep.?

Like the one we had in ascended once apond a time
Last edited by Deadliest Wes on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Titan Accounts Decended since April 10, 2011
If you have traded with me please post feedback. Here
Tekki wrote:I'm kinda happy that he's chosen to come back... :P
Other Sign
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

omg the sky is falling...........

ok seriously, the turns suggestion was pretty good, i love it! :smt060

while we are at it can we have a multiples box so we can buy more then one bank upgrade at a time?
Deadliest Wes
Forum Irregular

SuperSaiyan wrote:I have a two part suggestion.

Empires.

Part 1) Initial Alliance Bank purchase is to form the empire itself.
Part 2) Second part would be for an alliance to request to join an empire.

Part 1) Empire Purchase

I think this one should be fairly expensive. Maybe a tril from the bank? Empires could basically be an alliance of alliances. It could have an Empire leader/2ic, with Empire wide messages and empire wide logs.

Empire Leader/2ic: Capable of sending empire wide messages. Seeing the Empire incoming/outgoing attack logs. Declare Empire War. And pretty much everything else alliances can do (although I think alliance relations won't be needed on this big a scale).

Alliance Leaders would be able to vote for the empire leader. Via ID or Username into a submission box. Anyone in the empire can be elected the leader, regardless if they are a leader of an alliance or not, they just need to be in the empire for it to accept the vote.

Part 2) Alliance Joining

After initial creation, the alliance leader of the founding alliance would be default "Emperor". From there he/she could see the applicant alliances and either accept or decline. With each new addition to the empire more people can be possibly elected empire leader and gain access to the empire management page. Perhaps voting for someone can cost something too? I thought of the possibility of a tie, for even numbers of votes. In the event of a tie, founding alliance's vote should take precedence.

I'm not sure how it would effect houses though. I would think alliances should still be able to go to whatever house they want, instead of making a house an empire decision. Perhaps in the rankings have an "Empire Rankings" page with race/co/alliance&house or maybe add it to alliance&house? Not sure.

I think Empires should have a full name, but also shortened tag options as well. So on an alliance page it would read "They of Alliance of GWE" instead of "They of Alliance of GateWars Empire" or something to that effect.

I don't know if this is something you would want to do, or if anyone else thinks its a good idea. Just thought I'd toss it out there as I know its been suggested a lot in the past, especially when houses were introduced. I don't know how this would affect game lag, so that may or may not be something to consider as well.

There are plenty of ways to do empires, this is just a way I thought of doing it in relation to the alliance bank as per the thread topic suggest you are looking for.

:-)

This is pretty much what a house does, except the fact that alliances can join, how ever if you are the leading alliance like delta is in the house delta's leader and SIC can sent out house messages. and kick out alliances you dont like. as you know bc we kicked cloud village out.

But i agree it would be nice is Omegan Empire can have them all together :)

also If the stuff in the bank gets two expensive then you need to open up a tax rate, smaller alliances wont be able to cope with the big expenses
Last edited by Deadliest Wes on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Other Sign
Deadliest Wes
Forum Irregular

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Deadliest Wes wrote:If the stuff in the bank gets two expensive then you need to open up a tax rate, smaller alliances wont be able to cope with the big expenses

Either that or make the cost relative to the amount in the bank?
:-k

brackets of cost-to-saved or just a percentage instead of flat amount.
but yeah, you have a good point.

The cost should be the same for everyone. It should increase 1/2% everytime u use the alliance gift.
Other Sign
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Current Gifts with cost for 19 Person Alliance:

I feel like Bank Upgrade should be put back to what it was before with a box for multiple upgrades. It is not really fair that some were able to do many more upgrades than another group. Other things I am actually liking the price for as they make them more significant, though I would argue the amount of all weapon repairs being a bit low still.

Costs are based on the number in an alliance, so it's basically the same for a 5 person or 40 person alliance, though whichever has been around longer/is using gifts more often will change how fast it is used.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Couzens
Forum Irregular
Race: Roman
ID: 42786

More ats so active players can keep up or at least have a chance to keep up :smt060

Deadliest Wes
Forum Irregular

I have a plan, to go with SS suggestion of the alliance empires. How about getting rid of all the houses and their bonuses and let the alliance pay for their own bonus they get, but you can only have one active bonus and then u can make empires instead of houses.

also can we have a decon level, they leaders can set and it tells people how much alert hey should be on. also i know people wont like this but the alliance bank should only draw from active members, if someone dont log on within the past 72 hours or something they will not send money to the alliance bank. and one more :P if you are a commander you can get officer details. why cant alliance leader see their alliance mates details, and have it where you can see people's ME. If people want privacy(idk why they would from your alliance leader) their can be a check box to select if you want to show your ME to the alliance. and when u add more stuff to the gifts you need to add a bank log, so we can see what the leaders are buying and when ;)

edit. let alliance leaders see when the last time an alliance member logged on.
Other Sign
Jorgensen
Forum Regular
Alliance: DDE
Race: Draeden / Love Demon
ID: 0

I don't want you to change so many things. Keep houses as they are, massings as they now are after the update, sabbing as they are, and alliance repair to 5 per turn.

A few more turns per market buy, like instead os 1200 turns for one market turn say 2000. and raise the ability to generate more turns, instead of stopping to generate turns at 5000 turns make it 7000, and make it so you can buy turns up to 15000 turns istead of 10k.

I love the game so don't change so much about it.

Spoiler
With 16,324,769,805,579 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1937494 of underdog's Covert Agents!
Spoiler
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 5993156 5722/5750 sabbed in one go
imptastic
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): imp

agreed.
NEW ACCOUNT !!! ID 1943869

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 -AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE -
TUS - TUN - TUK

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=178145
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

A Visit to the Back Room
When you visit the Back Room for a modest fee you could join a card game.

Depending on your wager (and how your hand goes) you could win a range of gifts for all members
with some outcomes better than others...

For example every member could receive any one of the following random gifts:
1k AT, 1t Naq, an Alliance Repair, 1 hour PPT or Increased bank by 1%
or lose their hand
or receive a second chance draw...

The outcome would need to be random and the ability to wager limited to double or nothing.
Visits would need to be limited to once a day so they didn't significantly affect game play.

Alliance Tax Rate
Many players have previously suggested that the Tax Rate should be adjustable and I agree that this is a good idea.

Command Functions
Only the Leader should be able to join or quit a house.

Showcase Power Level
Should be removed because it doesn't do anything.

Attack Turns
I agree with Couzens in that AT should be a new gift that you can purchase for the alliance.

Alliance PPT
Alliances should be able to use PPT as they see fit and not be grouped into 4 x 3 hours.
Grouping the PPT has unnecessarily reduced its functionality for different alliance requirements.

Alliance Repairs
I also agree with Jorgensen that Alliance Repairs should not have been reduced from 480 to 36 a day (93%).

Cost of Gifts
The formula for costing gifts has jumped off the sanity scale and is need of urgent review.

The cost of Alliance Repairs and increasing alliance banks went from 2b to 400b (20k % and rising).
The cost of Alliance PPT went from approx 2b to 600b (30k % and rising).

In just 12 hours later the costs dramatically increased again

Alliance Repair went from 400b to 560b.
The Cost of Alliance PPT went from 600b to 840b.

Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Robe wrote:A Visit to the Back Room
When you visit the Back Room for a modest fee you could join a card game.

Depending on your wager (and how your hand goes) you could win a range of gifts for all members
with some outcomes better than others...

For example every member could receive any one of the following random gifts:
1k AT, 1t Naq, an Alliance Repair, 1 hour PPT or Increased bank by 1%
or lose their hand
or receive a second chance draw...

The outcome would need to be random and the ability to wager limited to double or nothing.
Visits would need to be limited to once a day so they didn't significantly affect game play.

Alliance Tax Rate
Many players have previously suggested that the Tax Rate should be adjustable and I agree that this is a good idea.

Command Functions
Only the Leader should be able to join or quit a house.

Showcase Power Level
Should be removed because it doesn't do anything.

Attack Turns
I agree with Couzens in that AT should be a new gift that you can purchase for the alliance.

Alliance PPT
Alliances should be able to use PPT as they see fit and not be grouped into 4 x 3 hours.
Grouping the PPT has unnecessarily reduced its functionality for different alliance requirements.

Alliance Repairs
I also agree with Jorgensen that Alliance Repairs should not have been reduced from 480 to 36 a day (93%).

Cost of Gifts
The formula for costing gifts has jumped off the sanity scale and is need of urgent review.

The cost of Alliance Repairs and increasing alliance banks went from 2b to 400b (20k % and rising).
The cost of Alliance PPT went from approx 2b to 600b (30k % and rising).

In just 12 hours later the costs dramatically increased again

Alliance Repair went from 400b to 560b.
The Cost of Alliance PPT went from 600b to 840b.

yup... :smt089

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:1% Natural Bank Size Increase now costs The Magnificents alliance 129+ billion naq?!

](*,)

and the rest of the useful upgrades are now similarly expensive?

:smt078

:smt010

and what of the alliances whose members have 1 Quad banks?

cuz we don't have anything close, nor is our alliance bank nearly so high.

this darn well better be a bug.

:smt100 :smt100 :smt100
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

an ats gift for whole alliance could be abused , 10 members gets 1k each 10k for a cheap cost
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:an ats gift for whole alliance could be abused , 10 members gets 1k each 10k for a cheap cost
Anything can be abused.

The point of this topic if for players to post what gifts they would like to see.

I am sure prices and amounts can be calibrated so that they do not significantly affect the game.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”