alliance gifts

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: alliance gifts

yet none will buy 1k ats for 1t x nr of members, its not a gift anymore.

a good gift could be increasing the alert level for 24 hrs incase of alliance being massed without notice
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Tekki
Forum Addict

I have to agree with Lithium, I do not like the idea of ATs for an alliance gift, unless the cost is astronomical and based on the relative sizes of the games banks. But even so I don't like it at all. Alliance repair was reduced to stop the meaningless hits on the little guys - adding more ATs would just increase them again.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Forum wrote:ok with the reduction in alliance repair, and likely upcoming shortening of alliance PPT ...
what else woudl ppl like to see in the gift basket? one hand takes, while the other giveth... :)

ideas welcome..
If I might make the suggestion you specify somewhat more clearly that the concept of "Alliance Gifts" is not a gift from Game Administration to Alliances, but a (paid!) gift from Alliance Leadership to Alliance Members, as a reward for being a member of the alliance ingame.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:a good gift could be increasing the alert level for 24 hrs incase of alliance being massed without notice
I think that's a great idea for a gift!
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

I'm with robe on every single point here the prices are completely and utterly stupid , how are new and smaller alliances suppose to repair weps and ppt ? They arnt even worth using now , Its cheaper to repair ur own weps ....
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

another gift coult be alliance command to show members like it shows officers upon a klik, so the commanders checks their members without spying , also to show meybe their market logs (anti spies) logs says a lot its like the garbage can :)
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:I have to agree with Lithium, I do not like the idea of ATs for an alliance gift
What alliance gifts do you suggest Tekki?
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Lithium wrote:another gift coult be alliance command to show members like it shows officers upon a klik, so the commanders checks their members without spying , also to show meybe their market logs (anti spies) logs says a lot its like the garbage can :)

I am not sure what you are trying to say, but I think I like it.

Plus Attack Turns for members does sound rather easy to abuse...

And increased Realm Alert gifts are a fantastic idea. :D

here's one I just thought of:

Gift of sending out member motherships en-mass... :)

I am not sure if I even want my own suggestion,
but it's an idea... :)
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
ID: 6225

The costs of alliance functions are ridiculous in ratio to the % of income going into the alliance bank. Lower the costs or increase the income percentage or hell do both.

Edit. How about this. Give alliance leaders the ability to change the percentage of alliance income with a max of say 20% (just throwing out numbers here) and the higher the percentage is the lower the function costs are. Basically meaning individual members would lose out on a higher % of personal income going to the alliance bank but the alliance gets cheaper function costs.

Image Image Image
Tekki
Forum Addict

Robe wrote:
Tekki wrote:I have to agree with Lithium, I do not like the idea of ATs for an alliance gift
What alliance gifts do you suggest Tekki?

I don't consider that we need more alliance gifts. We have enough. Alliances don't need more AT, don't need more UP, don't need more PPT, don't need more repairs and don't need more bonuses. The bank upgrades were good though especially for helping smaller accounts get banks they could use.

So I wouldn't want to give an alliance any further advantages than they already have. After all, they are an alliance, their advantage isn't meant to be because they have a tag, but because they have back up.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

I agree about allience Bank tekki,
I could quite happily live without allience ppt or repair

Some ideas I thought could be discussed that I belive would not radicaly affect gameplay but give some benifit are:

An allience upgrade to confuse the trading department of the galactic council
Such when bought allows allience members who have been in the allience hold a greater ammount of brokers, bit only when ots with someone in the alloence
I.e I could have 5 brokers for turns open to someone in to
The normal rules would apply ( cannot accept if ou will go over caps)

And also thought you could maybe have a plague limited that could be something based of mnec in
Ascended, the more you upgrade the more it costs
The benifit could be ot counters the effect of the plague, obviously by a slight amount, and have the cost proportional to how much your Allie members would save

Anyway, I'm just throwing some ideasnout their, would love to hear polite feedback
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Rottenking wrote:I agree about allience Bank tekki,
I could quite happily live without allience ppt or repair

Some ideas I thought could be discussed that I belive would not radicaly affect gameplay but give some benifit are:

An allience upgrade to confuse the trading department of the galactic council
Such when bought allows allience members who have been in the allience hold a greater ammount of brokers, bit only when ots with someone in the alloence
I.e I could have 5 brokers for turns open to someone in to
The normal rules would apply ( cannot accept if ou will go over caps)

And also thought you could maybe have a plague limited that could be something based of mnec in
Ascended, the more you upgrade the more it costs
The benifit could be ot counters the effect of the plague, obviously by a slight amount, and have the cost proportional to how much your Allie members would save

Anyway, I'm just throwing some ideasnout their, would love to hear polite feedback

I think the reduction in growth rate is the Ascended equivalent...

when I was recently at 15 bil planets, I was growing at something like 2.6 percent of my raw growth...

with 4.5 bil planets, I was growing at 26+ percent of my raw...

at 5.3 bil planets, I am currently @ 22.95%
Lithium
Forum Zombie

whats this ascended has to do with main bonuses ?
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

I was using it as a model of how to structure the cost of upgrade of an idea I posted
Which was an allienve function to combat the plague
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok there was a bug with costs...
it as that it never used the x (member count / 5) like it should have...
not knowing this, i increased by another x5 ...

then I found the bug :)

so where before it was cost -- it turned into increasedCost x members/5 squared :)

I undid the extra x( membercount/5 ) -- should help :) and keep the scaling by members intact.

will be back to discuss ideas soonly :)
Don't make me use this!!!

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”