plague benefit

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
sTrUmF666
Forum Grunt
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: Ancient
ID: 1916975

Re: plague benefit

doc holliday wrote:supers are supers.. their more powerful than regs/mercs but they are more permanent. Don't destroy the perfect balance that this game has had for years in this area. If someone makes a decision to train supers, it's a permanent decision until the supers are killed or they ascend. Always has been and always should be that way. It's one of the foundations of this game.

Changing it in this area will benefit mostly players that use $$ on the game. Their benefits already include the ability to buy back the uu after the supers die... That benefit is enough in my opinion.

+4

+5
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

fair points.
only its not for one player :) its for those who will hit the plague... which will be more over time - I am just (this time) trying to beat the 'wait till its here' reaction :)

its a valid point too that ascending solves the issue as well... assuming one has an ascension left.

hmmm....
Don't make me use this!!!
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Duderanch wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:i see a flaw here that will be abused

if i was to train 50 mil def supers
i could then buy 50 mil def mercs
Untrian those supers and i'd have a def without the loss of uu keeping me well over the plague to continuously do this.

so basically whats i saying is as soon as you get over plague you could keep a def all the time without dropping army size

like wise with strike

If you have no supers don't you mercs desert at turn change?

10% a turn change I believe. Still could keep a defense for over a day made of just mercs if you bought enough supers and mercs then untrained the supers.

Forum wrote:fair points.
only its not for one player :) its for those who will hit the plague... which will be more over time - I am just (this time) trying to beat the 'wait till its here' reaction :)

its a valid point too that ascending solves the issue as well... assuming one has an ascension left.

hmmm....

I don't really think it makes sense to make an update just for those over plague that is easily abused. If, and that's a big if, people think that untraining supers is necessary, maybe make it like a once a week, 10% of trained supers, using a market turn that does it. That way, if the argument is having unusable supers, it allows someone to change their tactic over time, yet not in a sufficient way that people can abuse it easily.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

:-k

I certainly see the perspective you are going with admin.
If you were to do this or something similar i think it would be best to do it for all players, not a select few. Put everyone in PPT, untrain all their supers and all mercs desert the realms, then you let them choose what they want.

OR

Give every account in game a button that only stays around for 48 hours, and/or once you attack/spy (to avoid abuse). This button would untrains all your supers and cause all your mercs to desert the realm. If you went with the later, you should probably have a page that explains the button, its function and what happens if you attack/spy someone in game, you would get directed to this warning page once you login game. You could even add this as a Christmas gift once a year :smt050
Last edited by Iƒrit on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Forum wrote:f

hmmm....

Make more then we all have more ascensions :smt047 :smt047
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

RoKeT wrote:
Forum wrote:f

hmmm....

Make more then we all have more ascensions :smt047 :smt047

please god no.....
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Mathlord wrote:+2

Absolutely agreed...if you make the decision to train tons of supers, then you take responsibility for that action.

There is no need to further complicate this game just because people are upset lol.

agreed.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Forum wrote:fair points.

By the time people hit the current plague the plague would have risen to meet the games needs, either that or you would probably rise it.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Rabbid Thom wrote:i see a flaw here that will be abused
if i was to train 50 mil def supers
i could then buy 50 mil def mercs
Untrian those supers and i'd have a def without the loss of uu keeping me well over the plague to continuously do this.

so basically whats i saying is as soon as you get over plague you could keep a def all the time without dropping army size

like wise with strike

I agree with everyone else.
This would be totally open to abuse and is a terrible idea.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Rather find a button that swaps attack a def supers so people have the ability to shell their account and mass a huge account but then wait one week to acquire their def back

If you know what I'm going at
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

[BoT] Jason wrote:Rather find a button that swaps attack a def supers so people have the ability to shell their account and mass a huge account but then wait one week to acquire their def back

A better idea but still widely open to abuse.

Imagine putting all that power into one account - even if its only temporary #-o
Last edited by Robe on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

[BoT] Jason wrote:Rather find a button that swaps attack a def supers so people have the ability to shell their account and mass a huge account but then wait one week to acquire their def back

If you want to go with that, there needs to be a way, beyond Blood Realm, to kill attack supers.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Make attack supers defend after def supers reach zero and see killable military as one sector...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

[BoT] Jason wrote:Make attack supers defend after def supers reach zero and see killable military as one sector...

attackers only do as much Deffense damage as D Merc's too :smt047
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Obviously, as they are trained to attack. Like putting an archer in the frontline of battle after all his mate were killed

I would even go as far to say 25% as they would be demoralized as well
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”