lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus AC)

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus

this update cant stop snipers , if u train 10m supers and 10m mercs without weps then just cal how many lifers one have to send just to kill 10m worth in units.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Lithium wrote:this update cant stop snipers , if u train 10m supers and 10m mercs without weps then just cal how many lifers one have to send just to kill 10m worth in units.

Im sure everyone can get enough together.

It is slightly too expensive I think.. but any limit on how many you can kill for example 10% a day is far too low. 50% minimum but preffered all. Gameplay just doesn't work in the way that that limit is intended to affect it.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

when does this go live? :roll:
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:when does this go live? :roll:

not much has been said about it i don't know if it's still on admins agenda but it was in question before the major down time but with everything fixed it may come up again

and this was just up for question not really a it's going to happen
renegadze
Forum Elite

At admin meet last friday I'm sure he mentioned it was nearly done
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

:shock:

:D

facepie will be so happy... :-D

now when he gonna fix the race techs bug?
facepie
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Magnificents
ID: 10526

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote::shock:

:D

facepie will be so happy... :-D

now when he gonna fix the race techs bug?

Yes, I need to seriously off-load about half of my lifers O.O
.:VOID:. wrote:
facepie wrote:ahh the good ol days *day dreams*
you used to love killing clones of mine, yet theres no "oh hi soulless... how are you?" :x
~soul
Facepie - 10526
You can't Eat the Pie without the Face
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - things are back on track enough to get back to updates :)
this update (lifer attacks kill attack units) will go in, with the following conditions:

If the enemy has a defence -- only anti-covert are killed (like it is now)
IF they have NO defence, you kill AC, attack sold, super attackers, attack mercs.
They are killed by % in the realm (so if they had half mercs, half the dead would be mercs)
It takes 2 lfier to get an anti-covert; 3 lifer to get a soldier/merc; 5 lifer to get a super.

the reasoning for this update is in this thread, although I will say this should make things more interesting, acccounts not untouchable (sniper or not), yet will not make it easy to do.
It will also increase the amoutn of naq floating around, as miners become the safe units.
It will also add more retribution I am sure, as with more miner there are more lifer, ready to find attack units :)

This will go live Tues Nov 8th.

UPDATE: It has been a while since I wrote the code :) There is an additional limitation: only 10% of the users on hand units can have been suicided in the last 24 hours. If it is more than that, the military is organized enough to temporarily change routines, avoiding being targeted.
AC units are not so organized. They can still be targeted.
Don't make me use this!!!
Korruption
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tombstone
Race: System Lord
ID: 1936624

not much of a change in the black market rates or ss rates, i would have expected a bit more based on the amount of larger accounts in the game.

great idea with the killing attackers, been a long time coming.
Spoiler
^^^ Skyfighter
^^^ Phalax
{img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x200 ... orr1-1.png[/img]
^^^ Korruption
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

It's been said a few times already in this thread but there definitely needs to be a time delay between having your defence 0'd and your attack lifered. Or this update is open to mass abuse by players who have a massive covert level advantage to be able to sab any defence down in minutes.

This update hurts both new players and players ascending and using attack regulars as 'uu storage' for the more expensive ascensions and not only that, this update would mean that ANY account could be reduced to just having miners within a minute if said account was sabbed to 0 def -> AC'd -> lifered.

Saying that... If this update is there to solely make money for admin it will work as more and more people will fork out hundreds of dollars for higher and higher covert levels as the game turns into who can sab who

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

marshall wrote:It's been said a few times already in this thread but there definitely needs to be a time delay between having your defence 0'd and your attack lifered. Or this update is open to mass abuse by players who have a massive covert level advantage to be able to sab any defence down in minutes.

This update hurts both new players and players ascending and using attack regulars as 'uu storage' for the more expensive ascensions and not only that, this update would mean that ANY account could be reduced to just having miners within a minute if said account was sabbed to 0 def -> AC'd -> lifered.

Saying that... If this update is there to solely make money for admin it will work as more and more people will fork out hundreds of dollars for higher and higher covert levels as the game turns into who can sab who

I agree, and I am going to use it to its fullest.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

Forum wrote:....

If the enemy has a defence -- only anti-covert are killed (like it is now)
IF they have NO defence, you kill AC, attack sold, super attackers, attack mercs.
They are killed by % in the realm (so if they had half mercs, half the dead would be mercs)
It takes 2 lfier to get an anti-covert; 3 lifer to get a soldier/merc; 5 lifer to get a super.

/....

Sorry to say this:
But, you don't know your own game. :( And this is sad.
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

After seeing this update I believe the SS and USS need to be updated to slow down Lifer pursuits. When you buy SS and USS you get a certain amount of miners or lifers or whatever, I have not done it in awhile so I don't remember how they are placed into your account. However given this new update I believe the SS and USS need to be adjusted to slow growth in the lifer area. It is unfair to some to not make these drastic realm changing events and an easy way to slow the purchase of miners is to change the parameters of SS and USS.

I am not saying we should fore-go the SS and USS but adjust them. Allow a total of 4 options. You can get SS with Atk Supers or Def Supers or you can get USS with Atk Supers or Def supers. SS would come with 50% less than USS as usual but the important thing is that if you get a supporter status you decide how to support your world defensively or with strike. Also given that you would be unable to retrain them.

Another alternate option I can think of is take what we currently call lifers and make them less skilled in retrieving naq. Or set it to when on any type of naq draining source with lifers your realm becomes unstable and forces you to be at a lesser effectiveness. Lifers should not be created for a sole purpose of destroying other accounts having them should cause dire consequences. Perhaps set milestones for numbers of lifers maintained.

1-1,000,000 lifers your realm is stable
1,000,001-5,000,000 lifers your realm wobbles crit and nox are disabled
5,000,001-15,000,000 lifers your realm shakes def and covert are x% lower
15mil-50mil lifers your realm trembles ppt is impossible(adding lifers in this range will knock you out of ppt)
50-100mil lifers your realm cascades all stats are affected a certain %
100mil+ lifers your realm is on the edge of shattering planets fall off merlin and become visible your realm feels as if it is being ripped apart Naq is leaked out of your vault and you are unable to trade until you stablize below 100mil lifers.

It seems to me that if people are going to use lifers more consequences should follow in varying degrees. Now I may not have the best idea right above this but it should be considered and could possibly be revised to equally balance the effects of allowing essentially every aspect of any account to be degraded without provocation.

If anyone is wondering I have about 75mil lifers myself that I never seem to find good AC to hit with so I welcome this update in one regard but in another I am a peace preferred kind of guy. At least until I finish my ascension to Unknown.

I am sure most with say TL;DR but give my additions some thought. I am sure most of you would like to have a chance to defend getting hit by lifers on your strike as much as I would.
renegadze
Forum Elite

marshall wrote:It's been said a few times already in this thread but there definitely needs to be a time delay between having your defence 0'd and your attack lifered. Or this update is open to mass abuse by players who have a massive covert level advantage to be able to sab any defence down in minutes.

Then maybe people shouldn't use it as "storage" there are other ways to "save" your UU if you're ascending, I don't think attack units were ever meant for storage - this has been long abused.

The higher covert levels stop yourself being sabbed so easy, sure. But it's not difficult to make youreself a less "juicy" sab target. I would personally put a limit how many many times any one player can carry out this kind of attack in a week\month, to stop people deliberately "making" lifers with $$ injections.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

I agree whole-heartedly with the above partial quote. =D>

Renegadze,
I would be very interested in listening to your ideas for storing untrained units in other ways. ;)

If the foreseen affects on most players were to come to pass,

I would probably become less active in Main,
as I often use a few mil uu to be spies while I am online, and regular attackers while I sleep...
in order to boost my meager covert.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”