lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus AC)

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Easy^
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus

When i'm reading these updated it makes me go like whoooo, is this still SGW or its gonna turn into SIMS: The browser game.

When things are added to the game, these things must have a positive and negative effect, meaning if there is a new function to kill stuff, there should be a new function to stop that new function from killing or at least severely reduce its usefulness.
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

How did Orks kill Isildur? Sheer numbers. It is not that strange for an group of inferior opponents to kill a single superior opponent.

Alternatively:
My lifers are sentenced-to-life prisoners. Badass **Filtered** with a vengeance. Maybe yours are wusses?

Although I would agree that a complete battalion of fully equipped US Marines would fare pretty well against ANY mob, even if stormed by thousands.

Here is a thought: Require the strike to be sabbed to a certain point before allowing lifers to kill supers. The effect of the update is maintained, and credibility rises. Fully armed supers would just kill off the lifers and NO actual AC or attacker would get killed.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Juliette wrote:How did Orks kill Isildur? Sheer numbers. It is not that strange for an group of inferior opponents to kill a single superior opponent.

Alternatively:
My lifers are sentenced-to-life prisoners. Badass **Filtered** with a vengeance. Maybe yours are wusses?

If you remember that episode where SG1 and a group of free Jaffas face a single Kull warrior, majority of them don't survive and they need a rocket to kill the kull. If you have 10mil kulls, no chances at all 50mil (1:5 ratio) or even 100mil (1:10) could do much damages.

Juliette wrote:Here is a thought: Require the strike to be sabbed to a certain point before allowing lifers to kill supers. The effect of the update is maintained, and credibility rises. Fully armed supers would just kill off the lifers and NO actual AC or attacker would get killed.

That makes sense to cover above issue I raised.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
renegadze
Forum Elite

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Juliette wrote:How did Orks kill Isildur? Sheer numbers. It is not that strange for an group of inferior opponents to kill a single superior opponent.

Alternatively:

If you remember that episode where SG1 and a group of free Jaffas face a single Kull warrior, majority of them don't survive and they need a rocket to kill the kull. If you have 10mil kulls, no chances at all 50mil (1:5 ratio) or even 100mil (1:10) could do much damages.

Juliette wrote:Here is a thought: Require the strike to be sabbed to a certain point before allowing lifers to kill supers. The effect of the update is maintained, and credibility rises. Fully armed supers would just kill off the lifers and NO actual AC or attacker would get killed.

And didn't they develop a weapon that could kill kull warriors?
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

renegadze wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

Alternatively:

Yes they did, but I doubt lifers would manage to get such weapons, if they live forever in mines. :razz:
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Legendary Apophis wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

Alternatively:

Yes they did, but I doubt lifers would manage to get such weapons, if they live forever in mines. :razz:
You would be stupid if you sent your lifers without weapons.. :-D
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

In my mind lifers should be pulled out of every equation. Lifers exist to serve for life in your mines. I think the only thing they should be used for is lifer vs lifer battles. Essentially you can destroy an enemy from the inside out. Having them attack AC and attackers is to give them too much power. Lifers should be jealous of lifers in other realms and be used to destroy your enemies potential additional income.

This could result in people having to farm and raid more and focus less on their naq income from sitting on ppt.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

just a reminder that even new updates can be 'tweaked'.
if the 'live' play turns out to have issues, they can be addressed.
more lifer to get supers?
limit on the number of units/attacks you can use per day?
Can only send a % of your lifer per attack?
realm too cautious after too many suicides on it?

all options.. but its a starting point :)
and the update is to make the game better...thats generally why we do updates. I do not think everyone agrees, though, what is 'better' ...
Don't make me use this!!!
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

I hope one of the tweaks will be a way to attack lifers ;-)
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

How about you test this in beta first? Releasing it on main could have consequences like the previous (good intention) update. Regardless lifers having all that potential power is ridiculous. I believe most of us want this to be throughly tested and checked before it messes with things
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

beta hasn't been up since the sever crashed in september and barley anyone plays it anyway

im just a bit iffy on why can't you lifer an attack unit when they have a def but you can lifer an AC unit when their def is double a bit of a consistency(?) error in my eyes.

anyway we'll see how it goes when it goes live, whats on paper isn't necessarily going to be in practice after all i remember all those saying ascending past LG+1 was pointless :smt043
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

Well if this is going to be added I say we should also get the next 2 ascensions. I have two pretty good names. The UnBelievable...and...The UnEnding. Ascending to this level could regress some other abilities in the game because you become beyond the need for them. Upon hitting the highest ascension you can determine a specific ability. Similar to a house trait but for an individual to specialize their skill to a even higher lvl than previously understood.

Personally I would choose to negate this update.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Eisen Feuer wrote:Personally I would choose to negate this update.
Before even experiencing it? :?
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

Juliette wrote:
Eisen Feuer wrote:Personally I would choose to negate this update.
Before even experiencing it? :?

Well I would have to experience it for at least a few months regardless. I still have king-unknown to go. With this update I will be seriously slowed in my progress to ascend as soon as I can. Not that it will stop me but personally I am tired of Warring and ascending to unknown at the same time. I cant be effective in both because to ascend I am trying to minimize costs which makes warring quiet difficult.
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

I still believe that there should be some sort of time delay, as i said in my earlier post anyone can be wiped to just having miners with this update and not everyone can afford to spend 24/7 on the computer to make sure they have a defence to protect their strikes.

With a time delay of say 8-12 between having your defence 0'd and someone being able to lifer your supers you could log in and rebuild a defence and keep your attackers 'safe'.

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”