lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus AC)

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus

worst update ever sucks admin

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

I've noticed a lot when I've been spying on new raid targets that a lot of people seem to 'hide' their UU in attacking units. I think this is a great update. Should make wars more interesting. When people are tryign to take down 50t+ defences, now they have to remember that their units can be taken out as soon as the mass is over. No where to hide now. I like this update. Very much anti-sniper.

Well done Admin.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Ways to store UU ---> Set a broker between a friend in the same time zone as you. And make them reject when they're on again and viola you have a 10 hour period to collect it

Yes it has the benefit of making snipers vulnerable but it also has the effect that you can completely obliterate people who genuinely want to fight but can't now as they have no strike what so ever. This then means this should have way more restrictions than shown.
e.g. reduce the miner to lifer production drastically from 5% to 0.5%. This won't solve the problem that will arise but will make it more pesky

Or listen to your people and make Attack supers come to arms when they're are 50% more than def supers
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

There really should be a way to kill lifers if they are used to kill all that stuff... Miners should still be safe because they can't do any damage but it seems unfair that there's one type of unit that can be used as a weapon but cannot be destroyed. It would be much more fun if Lifers could be killed by let's say covert agents. So ppl can't just sit there with 200 mill lifers waiting for the enemy to train up attack troops because the enemy will simply kill those lifers before he trains up attackers... then you would have to retrain miners to get new lifers... Oooohhh corpses, corpses, corpses everywhere... :twisted:
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

geisha wrote:There really should be a way to kill lifers if they are used to kill all that stuff... Miners should still be safe because they can't do any damage but it seems unfair that there's one type of unit that can be used as a weapon but cannot be destroyed. It would be much more fun if Lifers could be killed by let's say covert agents. So ppl can't just sit there with 200 mill lifers waiting for the enemy to train up attack troops because the enemy will simply kill those lifers before he trains up attackers... then you would have to retrain miners to get new lifers... Oooohhh corpses, corpses, corpses everywhere... :twisted:
Agreed. If Lifers become an actual weapon (instead of just occasionally whacking some assassins), they should be attackable. Good point, Geisha.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

That would be a logical move, indeed.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Legendary Apophis wrote:That would be a logical move, indeed.
Theoretically. But Jason's arguments to put in this update are essentially focusing on the opposite effect. Killing Lifers as a preventive measure would severely limit the total naq in game, which is an important part of his reasoning as explained on the previous page. :-k
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

geisha wrote:There really should be a way to kill lifers if they are used to kill all that stuff... Miners should still be safe because they can't do any damage but it seems unfair that there's one type of unit that can be used as a weapon but cannot be destroyed. It would be much more fun if Lifers could be killed by let's say covert agents. So ppl can't just sit there with 200 mill lifers waiting for the enemy to train up attack troops because the enemy will simply kill those lifers before he trains up attackers... then you would have to retrain miners to get new lifers... Oooohhh corpses, corpses, corpses everywhere... :twisted:

i'd agree if it were no for you need to use double, treble and 5 times the amount of lifers to kill anything

and that say your enemy has a 10 tril def and 100 million AC you need to build upto 3.34 tril to lifer those 100 mil and you need to use 200 mil lifers wich now leaves them with the choice either
build that strike evenly at 5 mil mercs 5 mil supers costing around 5.5 tril but then leaves 5 mil supers to be killed off the other guy could then use 25 million lifers to kill them off

or with just normals to reduce the losses from retaliation but that will cost around 8.3 tril running the risk if that person were online they could now use 45 mil lifer to kill his attack units

but yes this just make defences more dependable i mean how long would it take to get 150 mil attack mercs from the market without the other guy noticing ?
renegadze
Forum Elite

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:
marshall wrote:It's been said a few times already in this thread but there definitely needs to be a time delay between having your defence 0'd and your attack lifered. Or this update is open to mass abuse by players who have a massive covert level advantage to be able to sab any defence down in minutes.

This update hurts both new players and players ascending and using attack regulars as 'uu storage' for the more expensive ascensions and not only that, this update would mean that ANY account could be reduced to just having miners within a minute if said account was sabbed to 0 def -> AC'd -> lifered.

Renegadze,
I would be very interested in listening to your ideas for storing untrained units in other ways. ;)

As stated above, broker away your units for a friend to then reject the deal, or simply broker away the units for the duration of the ascension...when I did my ascensions, I stockpiled 500mil UU which we sat on friends accounts, I then "called off" the UU as and when I needed it

@ Geisha - you say miners should be non killable as they are not doing anything except generating naq, but the very fact they are not lifers ergo untrainable, means these units can be used as a "weapon" at the account holders disgression.

For too long people have trained "inflated covert" while online, just to then safely "store" the units when they go offline.

If you have a decent def it's pretty easy to force your opponent to sab your attack weps and not def - thus making the sabbing a bit of a moot point, you can then force your opponent to have to take down your defence the "old fashioned way" which requires them training a strike - which in turn puts them at the same risk of losing their attack units as yourself.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

most retarded update ever #-o
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Forum wrote:ok - things are back on track enough to get back to updates :)
this update (lifer attacks kill attack units) will go in, with the following conditions:

If the enemy has a defence -- only anti-covert are killed (like it is now)
IF they have NO defence, you kill AC, attack sold, super attackers, attack mercs.
They are killed by % in the realm (so if they had half mercs, half the dead would be mercs)
It takes 2 lfier to get an anti-covert; 3 lifer to get a soldier/merc; 5 lifer to get a super.

the reasoning for this update is in this thread, although I will say this should make things more interesting, acccounts not untouchable (sniper or not), yet will not make it easy to do.
It will also increase the amoutn of naq floating around, as miners become the safe units.
It will also add more retribution I am sure, as with more miner there are more lifer, ready to find attack units :)

This will go live Tues Nov 8th.
Utterly, utterly, TERRIBLE update.

I think you just go about updating the game in a very poor way. You should be adding features to make the game better. What you do is totally change the game mechanics by making changes like this, changes to already existing features.

Why should lifers kill attack units? It's dumb. You can already sab someones strike, I'm pretty sure that is enough. Someone is putting all their UU in attack units? Cool. Can't do much without weapons so it doesn't really matter.

Super attackers should definitely not be able to be killed.

Let me reiterate that.

If the point of the update is to stop people from using attackers as a place to store their UU as opposed to miners, then all you need to do is make regular attackers destroyable. Not even mercs either. No one stores their UU as super attackers, because you can't get them back. So if your logic is that you want to stop regular attackers being used as storage space, only make them killable.

If the point of the update is to do something else, then as I already said... it's a terrible terrible update. Not that if doing this to stop people storing UU in regular attackers isn't bad too, because it is.

tl;dr
Wow this is a really bad idea.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
renegadze
Forum Elite

E.M.P. wrote:
this update (lifer attacks kill attack units) will go in, with the following conditions:

IF they have NO defence, you kill AC, attack sold, super attackers, attack mercs.
They are killed by % in the realm (so if they had half mercs, half the dead would be mercs)
It takes 2 lfier to get an anti-covert; 3 lifer to get a soldier/merc; 5 lifer to get a super.

the reasoning for this update is in this thread, although I will say this should make things more interesting, acccounts not untouchable (sniper or not), yet will not make it easy to do.
It will also increase the amoutn of naq floating around, as miners become the safe units.
It will also add more retribution I am sure, as with more miner there are more lifer, ready to find attack units :)

I think you just go about updating the game in a very poor way. You should be adding features to make the game better. What you do is totally change the game mechanics by making changes like this, changes to already existing features.

Why should lifers kill attack units? It's dumb. You can already sab someones strike, I'm pretty sure that is enough. Someone is putting all their UU in attack units? Cool. Can't do much without weapons so it doesn't really matter.

Let me reiterate that.

If the point of the update is to stop people from using attackers as a place to store their UU as opposed to miners, then all you need to do is make regular attackers destroyable. Not even mercs either. No one stores their UU as super attackers, because you can't get them back. So if your logic is that you want to stop regular attackers being used as storage space, only make them killable.

If the point of the update is to do something else, then as I already said... it's a terrible terrible update. Not that if doing this to stop people storing UU in regular attackers isn't bad too, because it is.

tl;dr

It takes 5 lifers to get 1 super - and even then the def has to be 0 - and even then they can offset some of the dmg by having equivalent mercs - it really isn't that big a deal.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

renegadze wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:

Let me reiterate that.

tl;dr

It takes 5 lifers to get 1 super - and even then the def has to be 0 - and even then they can offset some of the dmg by having equivalent mercs - it really isn't that big a deal.

Agreed, only worthwhile if you have 100m odd lifers to take out a sizeable chunk...I'd have like to have seen a lot more from those 'lil lifer boys...
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

Dark Lord Tacoma wrote:most retarded update ever #-o

+ 1 .......
Spoiler
Past sigs

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

I agree that super attackers shouldn't be killed. I mean, how could a "lifer" kill the like of a Kull Warrior (taking System Lords example), that's just not realistic. And considering super strikers aren't a way to store troops, the update should only concern normal attack troops, and maybe attack mercenaries too. But not super strikers..
Also, lifers shouldn't be invincible either...maybe a costly/not too effective way to kill them. As long as the target has more than 10mil lifers. Because otherwise it isn't considered as a threat enough (protects this way lifers from newcomers with 5mil lifers as starting)
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”