lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus AC)

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

Re: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus

Juliette wrote:
Eisen Feuer wrote:Personally I would choose to negate this update.
Before even experiencing it? :?

YES!
Spoiler
Past sigs

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Why?
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

How about we let covert kill AC 8)

And let AC serve their names purpose of assassins and let them kill supers
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

renegadze wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:
Forum wrote:ok - things are back on track enough to get back to updates :)
this update (lifer attacks kill attack units) will go in, with the following conditions:

If the enemy has a defence -- only anti-covert are killed (like it is now)
IF they have NO defence, you kill AC, attack sold, super attackers, attack mercs.
They are killed by % in the realm (so if they had half mercs, half the dead would be mercs)
It takes 2 lfier to get an anti-covert; 3 lifer to get a soldier/merc; 5 lifer to get a super.

the reasoning for this update is in this thread, although I will say this should make things more interesting, acccounts not untouchable (sniper or not), yet will not make it easy to do.
It will also increase the amoutn of naq floating around, as miners become the safe units.
It will also add more retribution I am sure, as with more miner there are more lifer, ready to find attack units :)

This will go live Tues Nov 8th.
Utterly, utterly, TERRIBLE update.

I think you just go about updating the game in a very poor way. You should be adding features to make the game better. What you do is totally change the game mechanics by making changes like this, changes to already existing features.

Why should lifers kill attack units? It's dumb. You can already sab someones strike, I'm pretty sure that is enough. Someone is putting all their UU in attack units? Cool. Can't do much without weapons so it doesn't really matter.

Super attackers should definitely not be able to be killed.

Let me reiterate that.

Super attackers should definitely not be able to be killed.

If the point of the update is to stop people from using attackers as a place to store their UU as opposed to miners, then all you need to do is make regular attackers destroyable. Not even mercs either. No one stores their UU as super attackers, because you can't get them back. So if your logic is that you want to stop regular attackers being used as storage space, only make them killable.

If the point of the update is to do something else, then as I already said... it's a terrible terrible update. Not that if doing this to stop people storing UU in regular attackers isn't bad too, because it is.

tl;dr
Wow this is a really bad idea.

It takes 5 lifers to get 1 super - and even then the def has to be 0 - and even then they can offset some of the dmg by having equivalent mercs - it really isn't that big a deal.
Your opinion that "it really isn't that big of a deal" is not only wrong, but beside the point. No matter the size of said deal, it's still a deal. Super Attackers shouldn't be able to be attacked regardless of it taking 5 lifers to kill 1 super.

Also to those suggesting that lifers should be able to be attacked... please for the love of god just quit and leave the game now. Why even suggest something like that? Miner should never ever, ever, ever, ever, be able to be attacked. I literally would leave the game if in any form that was possible. Lifers are miners, I train UU as miners so they aren't a part of any battle equation (eg, can be killed).

If to be fair lifers should be removed from being able to kill AC and this update not being implemented, I'm all the happier.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

is the killing of attack soldiers related to the update or proposed update of sabbing not working on attack weapons any longer?
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

I just don't see how this can add any kind of value to this game what so ever the situations where it can be used will hardly ever crop up and personally I wouldn't want to spend 100mil lifers to kill like 30mil of my enemies troops including attack mercs!! What are attack mercs doing in there!

If I had it my way it would have been 2:1 against normal troops anad 3:1 against attack supers and nothing against attack mercs... so it would have actually been a useful update. I can't imagine this being used at all.
Hermes
Forum Irregular

Terrible update, the only ones this is going to help are the bigger players.
Join the Race of traders called the Mercor to day
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... =192246url
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

almost forgot this part:

UPDATE: It has been a while since I wrote the code :) There is an additional limitation: only 10% of the users on hand attack units can have been suicided in the last 24 hours. If it is more than that, the military is organized enough to temporarily change routines, avoiding being targeted.
AC units are not so organized. They can still be targeted.
Don't make me use this!!!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Forum wrote:almost forgot this part:

UPDATE: It has been a while since I wrote the code :) There is an additional limitation: only 10% of the users on hand attack units can have been suicided in the last 24 hours. If it is more than that, the military is organized enough to temporarily change routines, avoiding being targeted.
Thanks. ;)
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

The "users" being?

So, if a user has 10,000,000 attackers, 0 defence, only 1,000,000 attackers can be killed?

Including mercs, this is a good update turned into a bad update. Either make them very killable or not at all.

Juliette wrote:

Thanks. ;)

This is spam Juliette ](*,)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Field Marshall wrote:
The "users" being?
"The user's". Not the users.
Field Marshall wrote:So, if a user has 10,000,000 attackers, 0 defence, only 1,000,000 attackers can be killed?
Including mercs, this is a good update turned into a bad update. Either make them very killable or not at all.
It limits the effect of the lifer suicide being an all powerful weapon, capable of reducing the strikes of minor players to 0 in an instant. :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Thanks. ;)
If you have a problem with a post in a thread, report it. Do not spam by replying to it. ;)
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
The "users" being?

No, I genuinely don't know...the attacker or the defender?

10% of the lifers or 10% of the presumed trained attack units?

I'm dim, sorry :smt010
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
The "users" being?
Field Marshall wrote:So, if a user has 10,000,000 attackers, 0 defence, only 1,000,000 attackers can be killed?
It limits the effect of the lifer suicide being an all powerful weapon, capable of reducing the strikes of minor players to 0 in an instant. :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Thanks. ;)
If you have a problem with a post in a thread, report it. Do not spam by replying to it. ;)

I think he ment that the new update is spam, not your reply. :-k
My input is that the 10% cap is rather low, should be atleast 20-50%, but don't make it 100% else the lil' players won't stand a chance.

Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
The "users" being?

Based on his phrasing (specifically the 'avoid being targeted') I would argue that the subject of lifering (the attacked party) cannot lose more than 10% of their attack force per 24h due to lifer suicides. :) "If it is more than that, the military is organized enough to temporarily change routines, avoiding being targeted"; seems to point towards the strike force of the one being attacked being able to avoid being hit, right? ;)
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
The "users" being?

Based on his phrasing (specifically the 'avoid being targeted') I would argue that the subject of lifering (the attacked party) cannot lose more than 10% of their attack force per 24h due to lifer suicides. :) "If it is more than that, the military is organized enough to temporarily change routines, avoiding being targeted"; seems to point towards the strike force of the one being attacked being able to avoid being hit, right? ;)

Thanks
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”