POLL: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.

How do you feel about upcoming updates?

Good
25%
Ok
11%
Ok but needs different ratios
17%
Awful
47%

Total votes: 36
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

POLL: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units

The update that is due to go live on the 8th November as described below, will radically change the game.

Simply, do you agree with them, personally, I think it is managable and will allow more offline killing BUT by the looks of it, a lot of people disagree. So, lets have an opinion poll..vote away :)

Forum wrote:ok - things are back on track enough to get back to updates :)
this update (lifer attacks kill attack units) will go in, with the following conditions:

If the enemy has a defence -- only anti-covert are killed (like it is now)
IF they have NO defence, you kill AC, attack sold, super attackers, attack mercs.
They are killed by % in the realm (so if they had half mercs, half the dead would be mercs)
It takes 2 lfier to get an anti-covert; 3 lifer to get a soldier/merc; 5 lifer to get a super.

the reasoning for this update is in this thread, although I will say this should make things more interesting, acccounts not untouchable (sniper or not), yet will not make it easy to do.
It will also increase the amoutn of naq floating around, as miners become the safe units.
It will also add more retribution I am sure, as with more miner there are more lifer, ready to find attack units :)

This will go live Tues Nov 8th.

UPDATE: It has been a while since I wrote the code :) There is an additional limitation: only 10% of the users on hand units can have been suicided in the last 24 hours. If it is more than that, the military is organized enough to temporarily change routines, avoiding being targeted.
AC units are not so organized. They can still be targeted.

Forum wrote:just a reminder that even new updates can be 'tweaked'.
if the 'live' play turns out to have issues, they can be addressed.
more lifer to get supers?
limit on the number of units/attacks you can use per day?
Can only send a % of your lifer per attack?
realm too cautious after too many suicides on it?

all options.. but its a starting point :)
and the update is to make the game better...thats generally why we do updates. I do not think everyone agrees, though, what is 'better' ...

Forum wrote:almost forgot this part:

UPDATE: It has been a while since I wrote the code :) There is an additional limitation: only 10% of the users on hand attack units can have been suicided in the last 24 hours. If it is more than that, the military is organized enough to temporarily change routines, avoiding being targeted.
AC units are not so organized. They can still be targeted.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: POLL: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units

Would have made more sense if you posted this after it was released, then we would actually have data instead of gut feeling dominating the poll. ;)
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:Would have made more sense if you posted this after it was released, then we would actually have data instead of gut feeling dominating the poll. ;)

I'm more interested in application of updates in relation to gut feelings.

Hell, there can be another poll after...right? Then we can see if gut feeling is right or wrong :smt064
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

Awfull
Spoiler
Past sigs

Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

the update is made just to make the game harder ,
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Field Marshall wrote:The update that is due to go live on the 8th November as described below, will radically change the game.

No.. no i don't see any reason why it would change anything in fact I think it's really underpowered and pointless. So im voting ok but needs different ratios because it's still better than nothing. If you think wasting lifers/uu on attack mercs is great then feel free to use it :razz:
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Good, considering there's a limit per day 10%, however this limit should have only been for super strikers, not normal attackers, or at least, the ratio not the same (25% or something) for normal attackers, them being less skilled than the super soldiers.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Flavar
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:Would have made more sense if you posted this after it was released, then we would actually have data instead of gut feeling dominating the poll. ;)

True^^. But one can allways make a new topic then with a link to this one :-)
Writing as a mod. But i am currently testing colors. So if you want to claim one as yours or its not the best to read give me a call please :-)
Lithium
Forum Zombie

to kill an attack units the ratio should be 1:1 as the cost is the same in buying/training that unit, for supers it shall be 1:1.1. lets not forget to train 1m units to supers it takes 90b (150 units).

admin shall start making the game attractive rather then pointless.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

It will not change very much, and all you will see is the "ascended" response to this. You build your strike, then use it till its burnt and leave the rest to die. All it means is building a strike costs a bit more, and the 10% per day limitation means its not even useful for what its meant to do and that's remove strikes quickly and completely. To do so with this update will take days or longer.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

i dont think it ll even work due to high cost, one with 100m supers + 100m mercs will only lose 100m units + the cost to train them while those that ll lifer it will lose x5 so whos that smart to pay the price?
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Real easy quick fix to the offline issue, espically given how some people play this game,

Just make it you cannot lose more than 10% attack units per 48 hours on lifer suicide, and that you must have a defense of at least 25% of the strike you will lifer,

Oh and Defense/Attack weapons can only be resold at 10% of price,

Waits for the cry babies to come running saying how thats unfair as it doesnt allow them to play there sniper war setup, go ahead keep rejecting the updates until the game is dead, then you can all be proud.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

GeneralChaos wrote:Real easy quick fix to the offline issue, espically given how some people play this game,

Just make it you cannot lose more than 10% attack units per 48 hours on lifer suicide, and that you must have a defense of at least 25% of the strike you will lifer,

Oh and Defense/Attack weapons can only be resold at 10% of price,

Waits for the cry babies to come running saying how thats unfair as it doesnt allow them to play there sniper war setup, go ahead keep rejecting the updates until the game is dead, then you can all be proud.
This, but 25% killed in the first 2 days

So that a sniper with 4 mil supers can lose 1 mil supers and then still have enough to make a def
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”