Glory Shop

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Re: Glory Shop

the changes to ascension (newgrounds, no 2week delay first 10, blac, market) are to allow accounts to get to the 'top' ascension and focus on competing, opposed to ascending, quickly, so that existing players have competition from newer players.
I know that those there now worked hard(er) for those ascensions than new players must. but...how else can new blood be added, at a competitive level, without a year+ delay...

thats the dilemma. thats the push now. with all 3 of the new ways to get to the top.

ideas there welcome too....that match the above goals.

Malx wrote:As for the ascension buying update, i believe that we should be somewhat compensated for all the resources and time spent, as the update basically nulls them. Especially those that have made it to UnKnown just now, it's been time and resources spent for nothing...
Don't make me use this!!!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

In the spirit of this post, I am attaching a great idea, you might want to check it out. It is quoted below.
Forum wrote:the changes to ascension (newgrounds, no 2week delay first 10, blac, market) are to allow accounts to get to the 'top' ascension and focus on competing, opposed to ascending, quickly, so that existing players have competition from newer players.
I know that those there now worked hard(er) for those ascensions than new players must. but...how else can new blood be added, at a competitive level, without a year+ delay...

thats the dilemma. thats the push now. with all 3 of the new ways to get to the top.

ideas there welcome too....that match the above goals.

Malx wrote:As for the ascension buying update, i believe that we should be somewhat compensated for all the resources and time spent, as the update basically nulls them. Especially those that have made it to UnKnown just now, it's been time and resources spent for nothing...

GeneralChaos wrote:I was thinking about this awhile ago, but was going to wait on posting the idea but this topic here sort of pushed it.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=191798

Now not to take away from the guys who spend the year ascending to max, alot of us did it ( myself included ) but we had the the server war and it was alot easier to into GnR back then because no one had stats haha,

But now its alot harder, the GnR ranks are dominated by max ascended players, im not sure what the GnR range goes down too, last i knew it was about 1100-1300, i believe the top ranks still gain 5 GnR per turn and all the way down to 1 GnR per turn.

The GnR range should be changed to a preset ranks 1-1400

Only instead of rank bases the GnR you get, it should be the ascended level you are decides what you get,

Ascended level

0-5 should be 10GnR per turn
6-10 should be 8 GnR per turn
11-15 should be 6 GnR per turn
16-18 should be 4 GnR per turn
19-23 should be 2 GnR per turn

As a weaker ascended being the Gods Swarm to your world to boost your Glory within the Realms, As your ascended being gets stronger the gods find it harder to supply the Glory your world needs.

Then change the time limit on the first 15 Ascensions to 1 week turn over time, 16-23 is the normal 2 week turn around time,

I know that some are going to cry about how unfair that is, end of the day i ascended to max with the 2 week turn around, but even i dont find it fun to beable to destory someone without them doing anything back, because i have a massive boost, and got to ascend when it was way easier, the divide is getting bigger ingame, we need something to keep newer blood in it,

Those who truly want to keep the game going and see newer players would support this, or close to this, those who object to it, must be happy there game is disappearing.
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

i think alliance bank proved these types of "shops" don't work bad idea

so does it mean if i buy the double def and 100% AB i'll get 4 times my Defence while sitting in the No AB house? 'cos i have that feeling that will be a bug that appears lol
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Forum wrote:can trade glory points for goods.
(another step in rank having concrete meaning/benefit).

so far:
glory for bigger att weapon
glory for bigger def weapon
glory for temp double income (1day)
glory for temp double def (1day)
glory for 100% Ascended Blessing (1.5 days)
glory for double covert (1day)

this will be next feature released aside from 'tweaks' ... so ideas to make it better welcome!

Really, no offense but can you not see everyone asking you to close the GAP on big and small, and you do this,

This update only benefits those who are max ascended and can sit in the top ranks and gain 5 GnR per turn, that then allows them to push a double income on ppt etc and push even further away from everyone else.

You need to close the GAP not push everyone who is trying to catch up out of the loop, oh wait you didnt, you told them they can now buy there ascensions, REALLY,

Read this topic here for the ascension issues, you really wanna ramp it up remove the time limit on ascensions so as soon as you get GnR you can go.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=191878

This update today only plays into the $$ players and the max ascended.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

[spoiler]Math looks good to me Squire,
Shame on the derailer, there are at least two topics open regards this problem.[/spoiler]

There is a topic hereabouts that i would like to point out:

Discussion on how GnR is earned.

I think this needs to be thought about.

• Glory Shop is open to all? So then choice prevails - ascend, support status or glory shop
  • Main accounts possibly not needing ascended accounts to spend at glory shop?
  • Highest level ascenders enjoying an almost-monopoly on expensive perks due to rankings system unfriendly to non-ascended players
  • Future! One day limiters on ascending (infusing) for ascension account will have to be lifted or ascension stagnates. Ascensions beyond "x" will give no further benefit to main; possiblilty
  • NewGrounds

Can we ascension fanatics still spend our glory on our ascended being after this shop opens? Not past a limited amount.
I know we seem to be going around in circles here in the chicken/egg sense but my suggestion would be that you can convert only Glory in Glory Shop for ascension after max ascension with no benefit to main account.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

RoKeT wrote:
muffafuffin wrote:isnt that just more of a gap between those done ascending and those trying to ascend? thought we were trying to decrease that kind of thing.

Doesn't matter what the community's trying to do, J wants more cash and this is a quick way to get it ;) think like a businessman not someone who cares about the game to think like J muff ;)

/thread
AeonKnight
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Order
Race: Ancient
ID: 14055
Alternate name(s): ~Lord Helikaon~
AK
Heli
~Velocity~

RoKeT wrote:
muffafuffin wrote:isnt that just more of a gap between those done ascending and those trying to ascend? thought we were trying to decrease that kind of thing.

Doesn't matter what the community's trying to do, J wants more cash and this is a quick way to get it ;) think like a businessman not someone who cares about the game to think like J muff ;)

HOW!! the hell does that give him more money?
Spending one ingame resource on another.

I mean i know some people take the game serious but he aint exactly gona feed the kids on G+R is he? -.-

How bout instead of **Filtered** about the person who give you the damn game you help him out?

Your post added 0 to the discusion and as such just proves your a **Filtered**.

I like the Idea, would be good to see it reduced a bit, maybe double Def for an hour or something and 100% AB for an hour too, could help you with a massing but in the long run wouldnt boost your account stupidly.

Also would be nice if there was an option to 'offer your G+R to your god, to fund their never ending hunger for power' work out a decent conversion on it too so that it isnt petheticly small :)
Nephite
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Hukbo ni Helaman
Race: Kanoy
ID: 41183

Clarkey wrote:So rank 1 who earns 10 g&r per turn will be able to use all that to make an even stronger account to keep it at rank 1.

I think I liked it before when you said g&r would never be used for anything else besides ascending.

Could it not be used to boost the ascended account instead seeing as g&r is for ascending. For example, trade it for APP.

This I like, hopefully this would be able to be done.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Stickied!

Also bugs relating to planets and recent updates split and temporarily placed here : viewtopic.php?f=43&t=191914

It will be moved to bugs section in due course but as it may require admin J's immediate attention I will leave it here, and stickied!
Image ImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Apologies, opening post went "poof", currently trying to locate it.

EDIT: Apparently the first 3 pages went "poof", but I made it go "un-poof" :-D
Image ImageImageImage
Massacre
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
Race: DDE
ID: 1923635
Alternate name(s): ~Stiffy McBoing~

Forum wrote:can trade glory points for goods.
(another step in rank having concrete meaning/benefit).

so far:
glory for bigger att weapon
glory for bigger def weapon
glory for temp double income (1day)
glory for temp double def (1day)
glory for 100% Ascended Blessing (1.5 days)
glory for double covert (1day)

this will be next feature released aside from 'tweaks' ... so ideas to make it better welcome!

Weapons are good, income is good, defense is good...AB is not so good neither is covert....well thinking about it...a doubled defense vs a 100% AB is the same pretty much...so maybe leave it....but covert ... no way...no way at all.

Personally these are way too OP, id suggest lowered cost, but only 25% MAX, 25% more defense...25% more covert, 25% more AB, 25% more strike or w.e. Cost for these must also be high to not be exploited as they will be (or a time limit between uses)....may i recommend something for that?

Each purchase increases the wait time for the next upgrade by 1 hour, so 1 upgrade = 1 hour, 2 upgrades = 2 hours...up to a max of 3 days. This will benefit small players who fight for that amount of GnR and get like 1-2 upgrades every few months vs the top 1 getting one like every other day. And would also add some restriction to those that have tons of GnR built up, as a reset will not happen.

Double income / UP is fine tho maybe longer (2 days instead)
KJ wrote:indeed… people will fall in love with us and hate us at the same time
coz we'll be massing their accounts into oblivion
meanwhile they'll be staring at our perfect muscles
~Market Mod~
Mod Color
Sol
Forum Addict

I would have to say though, these temporary increases should only be bought every so often (maybe every week or two)
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Massacre
Forum Irregular

Sol wrote:I would have to say though, these temporary increases should only be bought every so often (maybe every week or two)

I think some should be diff than others, perhaps weapons and increased UP/ income should be how i stated, and the stat increases should be limited to the way u say.
~Market Mod~
Mod Color
Massacre
Forum Irregular

Double post sorry, but what of Super Saiyans Idea? Something affects the ascended like the ascended affects main? It needs tweaking and finalizing....but its a good basic concept
~Market Mod~
Mod Color
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I agree the double income should be for 2 days as income gets you way less resources than, for instance, a 100% AB which will basically double your strike gets you through farming with two times less losses. The price mustn't be that big though, at least not for resources doubled. Those that will use it for double def/AB/covert etc are likely to war each other and have mostly already finished ascending, thus it will provide a more diverse strategy, however the income one (or UP one, if it will be added) will mostly be used by people still ascending as they need more resources (honestly, who would use an income boost during a war, one would rather use an double AB or something, if it was limited to say, once per week), so the price mustn't be too big otherwise those won't be able to ascend via getting 1 GR per turn and the boost will only be good for top accounts.

I suggest increasing the GR gained per turn like GeneralChaos suggested as it will give the new accounts a chance to catch up and then the GR spent for increasing a def/income/covert etc will still be an option for those ascending as well as for those who've finished ascending and have, probably, accumulated a huge amount of GRs. So if the GR given per turn are changed like GC suggested, then I think like 600 GR should be a sufficient price, both for those still ascending and for those who have finished ascending.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”