next round of updates

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

Re: next round of updates

just done ppt

User Info
Protected for: 2,879 minutes

You have used 6 trades and/or donations this week.
You have used 0 PPT bonuses this week.

You have 25 Glory & Reputation (GnR) right now.

id 81576 ~remiel~
mephis
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TSD
Race: DDE
ID: 1909687

Forum wrote:ok i think the turns from 'get free turns' on existing market was bugged...gave 3x as much as should have. ah well - too late now :) I will leave that bug be....The new amount will give about the same total turns using all market turns.

The PPT uses 1 market turn now. I mixed up 'quantity 4' and '4 market turns' ... fixed.

The PPT is expenseive - and a 'free' PPT is now available....using 3 MT. This should give benefit to the resource to get PPT (1 turn) and the small players (3MT no resources).

The GnR options now cost 1 MT each (from 2) ...

The market rates will carry over to main when update comes ... ie right now:
MAIN:
79,800,000,000 Naquadah for 531 Turns for 77,000 Mining Drone/Lifers
DEV :
547,500,000,000 Naquadah for 740 Turns for 101,250 Mining Drone/Lifers

Ideally I'd have adjusted it slowly for inflation, but its now gonna be one big change. Yup - things cost more. BUT ... if people use turns/UU to get naq, and more naq goes on the market, the ratios will change....I will (from now on) update the 'base naq amount' more slowly, maybe monthly....Have to figure out a formula even to creep it up daily :)

Again - comments....

Is the Free PPT costing 3mts not abit much? would 2 not be more feesiable?
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS -TUN-TUK
Spoiler
SHIZZZO wrote: Rude comparison I know but, if I kicked ya in you r lag than told ya that it was not a real kick cause I did not kick you in the balls :D :D your words gave me this kind of an idea lol :D
NecroDeathMortum wrote:In Soviet Russia internet makes money off you!
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

regads cost of PPT - i quite like the 'tough choices' of resource or MT ... either way it costs -- but opportunity cost... so its not a 'big account; little account' issue... just needs and wants and such...
Don't make me use this!!!
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Forum wrote:regads cost of PPT - i quite like the 'tough choices' of resource or MT ... either way it costs -- but opportunity cost... so its not a 'big account; little account' issue... just needs and wants and such...

Me too, we've had it good for so long. I also agree with the increased PPT cost. Makes the game a war game and not a game of chase.

Sorry guys but I do :-D
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Any chance of checkboxes on the MT options? It sucks to accidentally use 3 MTs on something you dont want when you are browsing on a phone.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

GNR option: Use 1 market turns and 1000 Glory & Reputation for 250,000 Ascended Points on your Ascended Account ( GeneralChaos )

Now, my name in ascended is not GeneralChaos, so does this link properly, you said the dev server was taken from about 3 weeks ago, but my name in ascended has been changed for months??

Im sure there are plenty of others with the same issue.

How does this new PPT work then?

Trade for 1/4 of market supporter status, but you can get it with 1 MT, ( so cost is x4 sounds fair ) so technically you can have 2 PPT's per week and still have 4 MT's to use?

Glory filled Defense Weapons acquired! Note that nobody knows how these weapons work, where exactly they came from, or how to fix them....
At the time of acquisition - with your glory used - all existing weapons and all new weapons of this type fully repaired...Its glory-magic!

This can be exploited, someone builds a massive strike, goes massing, and all the have to do is buy 1000 of these weapons and there weapons are fixed?????

Join the Weekly Lottery:
Jackpot: 486,000,000,000,000 and growing! You currently have 0 tickets.

Is this active yet, i bought 5 tickets and it said i havent gotten anything, how is the winner going to be decided, surely there should be a limit on how many you can buy, else whats to stop me buy 100 tickets where as others can only afford 1, if you win does it go into your bank, or PM you asking you to accept reward.....
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

GeneralChaos wrote:
GNR option: Use 1 market turns and 1000 Glory & Reputation for 250,000 Ascended Points on your Ascended Account ( GeneralChaos )

Now, my name in ascended is not GeneralChaos, so does this link properly, you said the dev server was taken from about 3 weeks ago, but my name in ascended has been changed for months??

Im sure there are plenty of others with the same issue.

How does this new PPT work then?

Trade for 1/4 of market supporter status, but you can get it with 1 MT, ( so cost is x4 sounds fair ) so technically you can have 2 PPT's per week and still have 4 MT's to use?

Glory filled Defense Weapons acquired! Note that nobody knows how these weapons work, where exactly they came from, or how to fix them....
At the time of acquisition - with your glory used - all existing weapons and all new weapons of this type fully repaired...Its glory-magic!

This can be exploited, someone builds a massive strike, goes massing, and all the have to do is buy 1000 of these weapons and there weapons are fixed?????

Join the Weekly Lottery:
Jackpot: 486,000,000,000,000 and growing! You currently have 0 tickets.

Is this active yet, i bought 5 tickets and it said i havent gotten anything, how is the winner going to be decided, surely there should be a limit on how many you can buy, else whats to stop me buy 100 tickets where as others can only afford 1, if you win does it go into your bank, or PM you asking you to accept reward.....

Could you post when it's distributed? I bought 100 tickets :-D
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

will there be more bank boosting options if PPT will cost more?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Ok, the super weapons are not going to work. With 1000 super weapons, to mass a 296,700 strength weapon. You are going to need around 4500ats to destroy it.

This is a major issue with NOX on, because it won't happen.

Sabbing will not work unless the player also has the super strike weapons, because they have a massive value and you will just find yourself bashing the attack weapons.

Currently, as it stands, nobody will be able to efficently mass my 100t defence without trying to AC through. You need to massively fine tune this or call it stargatepeace :smt019

If you are going to proceed with this, remove NOX.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Field Marshall wrote:Ok, the super weapons are not going to work. With 1000 super weapons, to mass a 296,700 strength weapon. You are going to need around 4500ats to destroy it.

Sabbing will not work unless the player also has the super strike weapons, because they have a massive value and you will just find yourself bashing the attack weapons.

Currently, as it stands, nobody will be able to efficently mass my 100t defence without trying to AC through. You need to massively fine tune this or call it stargatepeace :smt019

He cant remove NOX because then someone who cannot afford these weapons, will never beable to mass anyone who has them down,

Maybe he should make it that, as no one knows how to fix these weapons, they take double damage.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

GeneralChaos wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Ok, the super weapons are not going to work. With 1000 super weapons, to mass a 296,700 strength weapon. You are going to need around 4500ats to destroy it.

He cant remove NOX because then someone who cannot afford these weapons, will never beable to mass anyone who has them down,

Maybe he should make it that, as no one knows how to fix these weapons, they take double damage.

Triple, minimum.

Going to run some tests with NOX and these blasted weps, but if I can't mass someone. I will probably quit.

Oh and to put it into perspective, I got 40k of these points. You can consider me at rank 1 for life it this goes live - and I hate that.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Sadow
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~LeafVillage~
Race: Shinigami
ID: 109002

:-k

- increase damage taken by 2.5x what it is now
- increase probability of sabotage picking up these weapons first
- if war/war damage taken increases to 5x
- if nox is on, they take 5x damage

8-[
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." - Joshua Graham
My Trade Feedback
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Field Marshall wrote:
Forum wrote:regads cost of PPT - i quite like the 'tough choices' of resource or MT ... either way it costs -- but opportunity cost... so its not a 'big account; little account' issue... just needs and wants and such...

Me too, we've had it good for so long. I also agree with the increased PPT cost. Makes the game a war game and not a game of chase.

The point of a PPT is not everyone can actively spend 7 days a week on this game, if you don't you get farmed a lot and bad things happen when you're not looking. The point of PPT is you get 4 days a week off if you want them, so you can spend 4 max enjoying not playing this game, then spend 3 farming/massing whatever.

You don't have to use PPT, you can spend all 7 playing if you want. If someone else does PPT 4 days a week, well tough **Filtered** sucks for you they have other things to do.

To be honest PPT should be free and cost 1 or 2 MTs. It's just something that has to be there for people who aren't hardcore and don't sit at their computer playing this for hours every day. By making PPT cost more MTs or Naq you help no one, and hurt everyone. How is that good for the game?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
_Rube_Dragon_
Forum Expert
ID: 1949343

oh gosh d[O.O]b .... when will we be seeing this change?
You have started playing 30. August 2005.
MSN:Josh_COM@msn.com
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Empy wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

The point of a PPT is not everyone can actively spend 7 days a week on this game, if you don't you get farmed a lot and bad things happen when you're not looking. The point of PPT is you get 4 days a week off if you want them, so you can spend 4 max enjoying not playing this game, then spend 3 farming/massing whatever.

You don't have to use PPT, you can spend all 7 playing if you want. If someone else does PPT 4 days a week, well tough **Filtered** sucks for you they have other things to do.

To be honest PPT should be free and cost 1 or 2 MTs. It's just something that has to be there for people who aren't hardcore and don't sit at their computer playing this for hours every day. By making PPT cost more MTs or Naq you help no one, and hurt everyone. How is that good for the game?

Just buy some super defence weps and you won't need to!

....and no Empy it's no tough **Filtered** for me, ATM it's tough **Filtered** for you. Just saying, I like that idea, not everyone has to agree with you. What's more, you can PPT twice, look at the options again before you get on that high horse :)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”