next round of updates

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: next round of updates

Juliette wrote:It is a single hour of the Asgard Hologram technology applied to all attacks on you.
Try hitting an Asgard a few times.. see what happens. ;)

So no losses - but effectively a PPT without protection against sabbing.

Still, sounds like fun, can't argue with this one at all :)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok the 'asgard hour' may not make it...or may ;)
but regardless the rest are going in this week.

GnR shop, bigger MS, lottery, etc...
as seen in initial post: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=192768
or http://dev.gatewars.com/updates.php
Don't make me use this!!!
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:As I told you before 300% is the minimum increase that will make any difference in the game.

Starting small is good. Obvious reasons are obvious. And considering most people don't have the covert level to build big, 250% is damn good enough. I sure as **Filtered** don't want to build anything over 10 trill with covert 36 to defend against attackers, holding the fortress is hard enough against sabbing let alone attempting to block an inbound attack with a MS power that matches the attacking power, and would probably be half of your own defence now.

+1
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Forum wrote:ok the 'asgard hour' may not make it...or may ;)
but regardless the rest are going in this week.

GnR shop, bigger MS, lottery, etc...
as seen in initial post: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=192768
or http://dev.gatewars.com/updates.php

Any idea when? I'll PPT - just incase ;)

OH SNAP. It's a joke, i'm only playing. Sorry boss. :)

Thanks for your continued work :)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Sinister~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_Symbiotes~
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

When will this update kick in ?
_willie_
Forum Elite
Race: Forgotten

read what he wrote....
MOD SPEAK
_Rube_Dragon_
Forum Expert
ID: 1949343

Forum wrote:but regardless the rest are going in this week.

OMG!! GOT ME SO EXCITED FOR THE PLANETS!!! THANKS..
You have started playing 30. August 2005.
MSN:Josh_COM@msn.com
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

seriously reduce the cost of PPT abit thats god damn ridicolous for people who have a life
Last edited by EbilCC on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

This double strike is a bit crazy. Defenses can be taken down as it is, but it's costly and risky to do. It's a nice system and keeps wars interesting, as building defenses during wartime is a viable strategy for active players/alliances.

Giving a button that doubles strike will just mean massing gets cheap again and defenses are pointless. It's silly that someone can build a 60-70 tril strike to mass a 120 tril def. The losses for the defender would be comparatively really high even if the defender is repairing and there is no way to counter it other than alliance PPTs. As alliance PPTs are limited to 4/week, whilst any player from an attacking alliance with a good amount of G+R stored up (like most major players have) can use 6 double strikes a week. That means it's completely impossible to defend an account.

If you really want a strike increase, it should be 25% or less, or there needs to be a very viable way for defenders to counter it.

Wars are fun, require teamworking and efficiency. Please don't ruin that and make it so one account can always beat down a whole alliance again!

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

meh
Last edited by EbilCC on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Norbe wrote:This double strike is a bit crazy. Defenses can be taken down as it is, but it's costly and risky to do. It's a nice system and keeps wars interesting, as building defenses during wartime is a viable strategy for active players/alliances.

Giving a button that doubles strike will just mean massing gets cheap again and defenses are pointless. It's silly that someone can build a 60-70 tril strike to mass a 120 tril def. The losses for the defender would be comparatively really high even if the defender is repairing and there is no way to counter it other than alliance PPTs. As alliance PPTs are limited to 4/week, whilst any player from an attacking alliance with a good amount of G+R stored up (like most major players have) can use 6 double strikes a week. That means it's completely impossible to defend an account.

If you really want a strike increase, it should be 25% or less, or there needs to be a very viable way for defenders to counter it.

Wars are fun, require teamworking and efficiency. Please don't ruin that and make it so one account can always beat down a whole alliance again!

~Norbe~
There is. The Emergency Temporal Displacement, or the Asgard Hour, is a viable defence against the Double Strike. Alliance awareness is also stimulated, as alliance log-watchers now need to be quick to use Alliance PPT to prevent effective use of the Double Strike.

(Or it should, in theory.)
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Juliette wrote:
Norbe wrote:This double strike is a bit crazy. Defenses can be taken down as it is, but it's costly and risky to do. It's a nice system and keeps wars interesting, as building defenses during wartime is a viable strategy for active players/alliances.

~Norbe~
There is. The Emergency Temporal Displacement, or the Asgard Hour, is a viable defence against the Double Strike. Alliance awareness is also stimulated, as alliance log-watchers now need to be quick to use Alliance PPT to prevent effective use of the Double Strike.

(Or it should, in theory.)

A few posts up admin said he might not put the asgard hour in, and I don't see it in dev. Even if it goes in, it'll only be 4/week you can use if you want PPTs. The Alliance PPT also only works four times a week, whereas an alliance of ten players could use 60 double strikes a week.

2 x regular PPTs = 96 hours safely. 4 alliance PPTs = 12 hours safely. 4 remaining MTs for asgard hours = 4 hours safe. 112 hours/week you can protect an account. That means 56 hours/week vulnerable to double strike with no counter-measure.

Yeah, massing will be easy and cheap if co-ordinated correctly. The effect is that defenses are a waste of resources and will never be built.

~Norbe~
Last edited by Norbe on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Double strike really would take the fun out of the game :\
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

GeneralChaos wrote:Instead of the new weapons doing fixed damage or a % damage, which will probably need tweaked like 1000 times before its set just right, why not make it a set number of times the weapons can be used.

Say after 250 (or 2500 AT's used ) attacks the weapons auto destroy themselves.

+1

yea, they are awesome weapons, but there has to be a really good limitation factor in them. If not, you will have people get them, get the double strike and one player could crush all the defs on an entire alliance with little cost to himself but the AT which will be rather abundant using market turns the previous week.

Limit the new weapons to only being useable a certain number of times before "the god" takes them back.

MTs for PPT... well, free is great, but lets face it, we all NEED it from time to time but those that NEED it the most are below the LG states.. can we make it where those below LG actually get two for free and the rest of us pay? To make sure people dont abuse this "free" PPT, you can go in and limit it by creation date on the account. only allow them to get the "free" PPTs if the account is less than 6 months old. This will prevent people from just sitting at or below the limitation ascension and using free ppt to gain resources to "feed" other accounts or players.

Many people have some great ideas about the new updates and many keep spouting they will be abused. Come on everyone, post some ideas on how to restrict things from being abuses.. Think a little differently and help us come up with some new ideas to prevent abuse. We all want to see the game evolve further and we all want to get more powerful, but we have to leave areas where new people can come in and have a fighting chance to eventually make a play for the top. If not, its all just going to be the same people sitting around playing with themselves. (hahaha i didnt realize the punn in there until after i wrote it.. but hey, still applies)

EDIT: just had a thought. could also limit the glory weapons and double strike from being effective on accounts less than 6 months old.. (gods dont like bullies)

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.
Human
Forum Regular
Race: Human

Hi, I know this proposal is kinda late but would you consider a bigger bank size by using GnR.
Trade Feedback: viewforum.php?f=48

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”