next round of updates

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
_willie_
Forum Elite
Race: Forgotten

Re: next round of updates

Relax guys
MOD SPEAK
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Field Marshall wrote:
Empy wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Forum wrote:regads cost of PPT - i quite like the 'tough choices' of resource or MT ... either way it costs -- but opportunity cost... so its not a 'big account; little account' issue... just needs and wants and such...

Me too, we've had it good for so long. I also agree with the increased PPT cost. Makes the game a war game and not a game of chase.

Sorry guys but I do :-D
The point of a PPT is not everyone can actively spend 7 days a week on this game, if you don't you get farmed a lot and bad things happen when you're not looking. The point of PPT is you get 4 days a week off if you want them, so you can spend 4 max enjoying not playing this game, then spend 3 farming/massing whatever.

You don't have to use PPT, you can spend all 7 playing if you want. If someone else does PPT 4 days a week, well tough **Filtered** sucks for you they have other things to do.

To be honest PPT should be free and cost 1 or 2 MTs. It's just something that has to be there for people who aren't hardcore and don't sit at their computer playing this for hours every day. By making PPT cost more MTs or Naq you help no one, and hurt everyone. How is that good for the game?

Just buy some super defence weps and you won't need to!

....and no Empy it's no tough **Filtered** for me, ATM it's tough **Filtered** for you. Just saying, I like that idea, not everyone has to agree with you. What's more, you can PPT twice, look at the options again before you get on that high horse :)
I never said everyone has to agree with me.

I never said you can't PPT twice.

learn2read.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

would like to see results of bigger accounts massing/sabbing on the glory weapons. (was sure not to call any of the weapons 'black hole' anything...)

i am not against treating them differently in attack or sab damage calcs....
maybe even a new type of attack that steals the glory weapons. so if you pack em, protect em or you will be beat on hte head with em...

regards ppt if you want to play 3 days a week, use MT to get your ppt (all MT) or farm a bit of naq for it, or do both - a free MT one and a NAQ one and have 2 MT left...

lotsa options. I really doont think anyone cannot afford 2ppt ...
Don't make me use this!!!
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Forum wrote:would like to see results of bigger accounts massing/sabbing on the glory weapons. (was sure not to call any of the weapons 'black hole' anything...)

maybe even a new type of attack that steals the glory weapons. so if you pack em, protect em or you will be beat on hte head with em...

regards ppt if you want to play 3 days a week, use MT to get your ppt (all MT) or farm a bit of naq for it, or do both - a free MT one and a NAQ one and have 2 MT left...

Call the weapons what you want Jason, they are still stupid! All it means is that you can keep your weapons and your spies relatively safe and away from risk.

I'll run some tests in regards to the time it will take to mass them to 0 whilst on NOX.

This will be abused massively Jason. Prehaps you will consider super attack weps doing a % similar to that of the current weapons in terms of damage points?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

again, its why its in dev. no need to call anything stupid - just point out the problems, propose solutions :)
so your solution is: damage by % of weapon instead of 'fixed' damage... its an option. again, i am open to treating these differently. but they should provide benefit....

Field Marshall wrote:
Forum wrote:would like to see results of bigger accounts massing/sabbing on the glory weapons. (was sure not to call any of the weapons 'black hole' anything...)

Call the weapons what you want Jason, they are still stupid! All it means is that you can keep your weapons and your spies relatively safe and away from risk.

I'll run some tests in regards to the time it will take to mass them to 0 whilst on NOX.

This will be abused massively Jason. Prehaps you will consider super attack weps doing a % similar to that of the current weapons in terms of damage points?
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Jason you could call them Red Matter Transphasic Device. Not entirely derived from that newish Star Trek movie.

Also maybe have a formula set up for them that you can only get 1million of them and once they are destroyed and you want to get more have an exponential growth on the G&R required to obtain them...not just a flat rate.

Maybe 1k for the first, 1.1k for the second, 1.3k for the 3rd, 1.6k for 4th, 2.2k for 5th, 3.4k for 6th, for 7th 5.8k, for 8th 10.6k...so on. Also the will only be damaged by outgoing attacks not sabbable. That way people will only buy them when necessary and if they do use them too much they get really expensive.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Current market system is just fine.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

If you don't have constructive feedback and solutions, there is no need to post here... No need to say ideas proposed are stupid, point out flaws and constructively advise why... Further more take whatever issues you have with each other elsewhere like the vendetta corner. :)
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Ok constuctiveness..

Forum wrote:GnR Shop:
I am starting simple - and can then quite easily layer new options over time...

right now there is only:
1) 1000GnR <> 250,000 AP in ascended account
2) huge (298,000) def weapon. 1000GnR <> 1000 weapons
3) huge (300,000) att weapon. 1000 GnR <> 1000 weapons

note that these weaons are special - god granted if you will...so nobody knows how to fix them. Although if you go to get more, the gods automatically repair existing weapons of that type for you...

they are damaged in fights, sabbable, spyable, etc...just like normal weapons in that way.

Its worth noting that the GnR market is a part of the regular market, and purchases use up market turns (of the 6 you will have weekly....)

This should address those with 'too much' glory

First of all, the 1000 GnR points for the APP points, fine, I don't think at those rates they will make a massive difference, but if people want to find another way of improving their ascended without logging on, then it's a good idea. It will promote the evolution of ascended and prehaps bring some of the large players that don't even log onto it back onto the server to spend their GnR.

The weapons as it stands are a great hinderence. The game has evolved to having the highest covert level to compete, this allows you to effectively sabbotage anybody who has set up their account in a fragile way and take advantage of anybody with a low covert action. As I am sure the majority of you know, a sabbotage will attack the 3% (of the total number) of the weakest weapons in your arsenal. This means, with attack weapons being strong than defence weapons, you will find your defence weapons being destroyed first. So a fully repaired account can have all of their defence weapons destroyed by sabbotaging prior to "cleaning" their account of spies.

If I now decide to buy 1k of these weapons, anybody with an ac level less than mine is going to struggle. You fundamentally will have to mass me in order to get at my spies. As it stands, if I am at NOX, I will probably phase!

Anyway...test, prior to hit: 296416/296700

and after: 294621/296700 so that a total of 1795 damage points...so 165 hits and they would be destroyed? Wait! Jason, did you put them as a percentage? :smt091

Ok, these are fine now...unless it's always been a percentage and not a fixed amount! :smt110

Forum wrote:MS x 2.5 --or 250% -- is there. can test. I thougth (maybe i mis-remember) that MS can only match your ground -not more...so if a MS is too huge compared to army, its effects are still limited.

I would suggest increasing them, but general consesus would say no.

Forum wrote:More market stuff - 6 per week. some rates changed. stuff is generally more expensive in naq terms.

Ok, the miners have to be increased as it stands, I can swap 506,250 UU for over 2.5t naq. It's fine, but it will majorly advantage lazy play!

Forum wrote:planet attribute change - straight swap of x for y (no other changes when changing attributes...ie size/def/etc) -- for 20days MPDSD power ...

Fair enough, pretty cool. High price - but like you say, to change an entire planet takes an awesome power...

Forum wrote:few cosmetic changes - ie platforms being clickable from main page...

Cool
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Instead of the new weapons doing fixed damage or a % damage, which will probably need tweaked like 1000 times before its set just right, why not make it a set number of times the weapons can be used.

Say after 250 (or 2500 AT's used ) attacks the weapons auto destroy themselves.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

GeneralChaos wrote:Instead of the new weapons doing fixed damage or a % damage, which will probably need tweaked like 1000 times before its set just right, why not make it a set number of times the weapons can be used.

Say after 250 (or 2500 AT's used ) attacks the weapons auto destroy themselves.

Makes sense, like an unrepairable value the drops 1 point after every use :) that being said it becomes tedious if you increase the weapons (aka purchase another bundle)
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Agreed, would make sense, even for the other weapons to be honest :D
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok. sounds good.
the only other change i made, is to reduce the # of gnr Weaps you can get, based on how many you have.
So each 'additional purchase' gets less than before (although more repaired...).

Also double strike for one hour.

Debating a one hour 'phase' that acts like hologram, in that the attacks can go through, just you are not 'hittable' for damage....

Cleaning them up now, and will live them this week... its been too long ;)

But now that we have some testing....
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Forum wrote:Debating a one hour 'phase' that acts like hologram, in that the attacks can go through, just you are not 'hittable' for damage....

Explain this for a simpleton like me? :-D

It sounds GENIUS, you are saying, that hits go through...but you take no damage? If I understood this right - can you still lose trained units?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

It is a single hour of the Asgard Hologram technology applied to all attacks on you.
Try hitting an Asgard a few times.. see what happens. ;)

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”