Calculations

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.

Select your preferred option

No changes
31%
AB change (case 1)
8%
AB + planet change (cases 1,2) - thoughts on %:
14%
AB + planet + MS change (cases 1,2,3) - thoughts on %:
47%

Total votes: 72
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Re: Calculations

Normal (naq investment wise) inc/up planets aren't a problem, same as normal (naq investment wise) att/def planets aren't a problem.

Crazy big income planets are just as 'bad for the game' as big attack planets. At least with attack planets you have to farm/mass people for them to be effective. Huge income planets make people a lot of naq without any effort.

Before war I was making 720b/turn with main account while farming 100t+/day on NGM, if that's not broken I don't know what is...
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Duderanch wrote:Normal (naq investment wise) inc/up planets aren't a problem, same as normal (naq investment wise) att/def planets aren't a problem.

Crazy big income planets are just as 'bad for the game' as big attack planets. At least with attack planets you have to farm/mass people for them to be effective. Huge income planets make people a lot of naq without any effort.

Before war I was making 720b/turn with main account while farming 100t+/day on NGM, if that's not broken I don't know what is...
such a small amount of naq compared to what is thrown into these accounts, and it would take months/years to catch up. Economically up/income planets create raid farm and normal farms so reducing them would only slow down the players that aren't willing to part with there $. Att/def planet only benefit the user not anyone else like inc/up and it's always effective compared to inc/up which relies on a defence to keep naq, enough miners and defence to stop being raided.

I can't understand how you think having planets that are able to make 5-10m weps in an 18t strike/def acceptable? No way would inc/up planets every turn in enough naq to get anywhere close to this figure within the next year and that's also 1 year for them planets to get even bigger.
The truth is we are to far behind and that gap is only getting bigger which is causing a negative affect on the server wars/morale and overall playing style.

Your solutions of decaying planets aren't a nerf which is needed it's just a simple hindrance that can be overcome by building them back up (if read correctly). You have to solve the problem at the source, they will still be affective but not to the point it makes building defences pointless. And saying 'ow just build 120t defence because my att/def planets won't make much of a difference' double strike goes and throws that out the windows.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Yeah the increased income/uu on the market helped to level the playing field so people without a huge wallet could at least be in the same ballpark...even by really cheapening the cost of naq outside the game so if you only had a little to spend, it could go a pretty long way.

Having 700 bil a turn income is indeed crazy too I grant you that. At least though the impact of those huge incomes and up's is only tangential to front line fighting...a unit production of 5-10 mil will not swing an online battle. Same with a large income. The overall inflation of stats and income/deflation in value of sgw commodities are probably both part of the much bigger problem, but we could have a whole economics class on that.

Short of removing black market merlins and actually making planets conquerable (as it really should be but unlikely will ever be), we have to keep doing this nerfs and corrections over the years to maintain parity among accounts and prevent one stat from overpowering others.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Tetrismonkey wrote:[spoiler]
Neimenljivi wrote:I can understand why especially attack and def duals might be a problem, but how the hell do income and UP planets represent a problem? All they do is enable a regular player who can't spend 10h a day raiding/farming still partly keep up with the majority of players. But that means the regular player spends months or years to build up their planets to that point, as well as months and years to build up the defences for planets.

Point is - $penders will always have a significant advantage over others, because the game allows buying resources for $. Whatever you do, they're going to adapt. The only difference is that they will adapt within a month's salary, while non $ players will need a year or more to catch up to where they were before the change compared to the $ players. So all you'll do is create a situation where the $ players might need a month to regain their supremacy, but once they do, they'll have a trouble-free 12 months before regular players catch up to pose the same threat they posed before the change. If anything, the $ players will have a bigger advantage for a year. Or remind me what happened during the sudden shift to importance of sabbing?
If you really want to limit the advantage of $ players, like c2 mentioned, close the black market for the majority of the year. That will make resources harder to come by and thus $ players won't have infinite resources at their disposal.

~N
[/spoiler]

Your point is mute, even if I agree that the Income/Up duals help, as you do nothing but sell the naq and UU you generate. You contribute to the problem. ](*,)
So despite being right I should be ignored? And so should every one who spends $ or makes $ through this game? Whose opinion, beside your own which is always of the utmost importance apparently, actually counts then?

I think the problem is straight head-on massing. That is mostly limited to stats planets. Yes 700b incomes are huge, but imagine how much naq it took to make that income as huge as it is. You're looking at return rates of over a year or a year and a half, and that's assuming you can keep 100% of your income all the time. Not to mention you need a way to protect these planets. So after you build a 700b income you have to wait at least a year and a half to get the naq you invested back. If you didn't invest that naq into income planets but rather into a MS or covert levels that'd be something that would have harmed the game even further, as MSs and covert levels already cost enormous amounts of resources and new players, without using money, will never catch up on their own as it is. If someone invests that much naq into income, other people have at least a year and a half to catch up that deficit in naq.

I would totally agree if a planet that makes 2T a day had a 5 days return rate (naq involved/naq received) that income planets should get nerfed along with other planets (and same goes for UU planets), but you do the maths on return rate of making a 2T income planet. And even if you have 10 x 2T income planets, you won't be making 700b/turn.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Dexter Morgan
Forum Irregular
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: DoC Command Staff
ID: 23888
Alternate name(s): Dark Lunas,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Sylar,Stewie Griffin,Dexter Morgan......yes THE Dexter Morgan aka theDEX

LOVE THE SIG and the record on quantum.
Do you use mudkips for mercs or nyan rainbow cats?
I am no longer playing these troll games. Take my stats or give them. That is all.....Dexter is not mad, but he is just done playing reindeer games and wishes to take his popcorn and go, the movie is getting stale.
M.I.A wrote:everyone keep calm and look at my nipples
Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

scrap planets all together
I give peace for traders
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Am Heh wrote:scrap planets all together
Although i agree, never gonna happen.

This game still goes on hugely down to the buying of merlins. Lets face it, there are a good few people spending plenty of $$ to hide all of their planets. Remove all planets, remove the source of very valuable income.

I do believe it needs to be changed. The divide seems to be becoming larger and larger.
Ratio's are needed for the planets however i feel MS's should remain the same. I believe catching up on massive MSs is possible due to the forever increasing price.

Now with planets is a bit different due to needing them protecting which not everyone can afford to do.
Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

That's the problem, thinking about $$ and not balance. That was caused this problem in the first place.

Changing the ratios, wont really change that much. Ok it will cost a bit more UU, but UU is cheap.
I give peace for traders
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

How about new more powerful weapons that maybe cost more, But produce more power to the point where a few trill from a planet/mothership doesn't make that much difference :smt017
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

Mental wrote:How about new more powerful weapons that maybe cost more, But produce more power to the point where a few trill from a planet/mothership doesn't make that much difference :smt017
witch is screwing with the ratios of everything i the server, effectivly making planets petty trash... nerfing them would do exactly the same thing, lol

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
Zod14c
Forum Expert
Alliance: DDE
ID: 6968

Am Heh wrote:scrap planets all together
Agreed :)
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Neimenljivi wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:
Your point is mute, even if I agree that the Income/Up duals help, as you do nothing but sell the naq and UU you generate. You contribute to the problem. ](*,)
So despite being right I should be ignored? And so should every one who spends $ or makes $ through this game? Whose opinion, beside your own which is always of the utmost importance apparently, actually counts then?

I think the problem is straight head-on massing. That is mostly limited to stats planets. Yes 700b incomes are huge, but imagine how much naq it took to make that income as huge as it is. You're looking at return rates of over a year or a year and a half, and that's assuming you can keep 100% of your income all the time. Not to mention you need a way to protect these planets. So after you build a 700b income you have to wait at least a year and a half to get the naq you invested back. If you didn't invest that naq into income planets but rather into a MS or covert levels that'd be something that would have harmed the game even further, as MSs and covert levels already cost enormous amounts of resources and new players, without using money, will never catch up on their own as it is. If someone invests that much naq into income, other people have at least a year and a half to catch up that deficit in naq.

I would totally agree if a planet that makes 2T a day had a 5 days return rate (naq involved/naq received) that income planets should get nerfed along with other planets (and same goes for UU planets), but you do the maths on return rate of making a 2T income planet. And even if you have 10 x 2T income planets, you won't be making 700b/turn.

Neimenljivi
[/quote]

please thing of this quote in terms of Attack and defense planets,
IT will take alot of massing to pay off the INVESTMENT of the naq spent into it, So rather the someone buying 100mil supers, and then 100 mil weapons and repairing them they are investing Quads of naq ahead of time to make their ratio's better!

Again i'll go with my 2 preferred options
1, Make changing from Planets cheaper, $$ wise and more expensive Time wise, so that non $ players can change their account setup during war, and when the war is over turn them back to Passive systems of income.
2. Increase the Cap's This will reduces the effect of planets on Large accounts that are building big defenses and getting them removed, so "Peace time farming Attack planets won't be useful" However the 3-25th massing during a war they will be useful. But you need to Alter Naq production so you don't have run away inflation!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

The forces of High Empty rush in full force, and inflict 43,253,809,021,700 damage on Surtr's forces!
It was confirmed that 57,957 of Surtr's forces fell at the hands of High Empty's assult.

The forces of Surtr fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 7,489,123,468,660 damage on High Empty's forces!
They managed to eradicate 81,199 of High Empty's troops.

Before we get too into ratios

so for a 5.7 ATTACK to DEFENSE... I'm looking at loosing 50% more attack troops
and you wonder why i have planets!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

High Empty wrote:The forces of High Empty rush in full force, and inflict 43,253,809,021,700 damage on Surtr's forces!
It was confirmed that 57,957 of Surtr's forces fell at the hands of High Empty's assult.

The forces of Surtr fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 7,489,123,468,660 damage on High Empty's forces!

now post some ones with 1m losses to attacker 50k to you and attacking wise

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

High Empty wrote:The forces of High Empty rush in full force, and inflict 43,253,809,021,700 damage on Surtr's forces!

Baring in mind that was us both ABing with half my defense coming from planets :-)
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”