Bank size - income relation

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Bank size - income relation

Bank size is currently tied to the next covert level, up until level 42.
While this is useful to a degree, it mostly demotivates building true incomes.

Simply put:
Bank size will be defined by covert level AND income.
Half of the cost of the highest (anti)covert level will be the (minimum) bank size of any player.
Income will affect bank size as it used to (SS and income play a role), provided it is above the minimum bank size.

Be forewarned. Actualisation of this update will be announced in-game 7 days prior.
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

Re: Bank size - income relation

This sounds interesting...

fundamentally this is halving the current bank sizes before taking into account income?
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

im sure you have it figured out but i would like to know.. let say i have 41 and going for 42. by this you are saying that 6-7q will be from having lvl 41 and the rest are miners?... soo how many miners will i have to have to be able to have the bank size to buy 42?
Spoiler
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

ohh thats gonna be a farm fest when those banks gonna be halved and lots of naq gonna start pouring out of those overfilled banks :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

This could actually make the increase bank size alliance perk worth using again :)
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
reborn
Forum Elite

1 question.

When Jason gave me one of the biggest bank sizes, for all the work I did for him that was tried to income like before, and when I came back to the game it was removed with this new covert lvl stuff.

Will this mean all the upgrades I was given before now be nothing, and only from now on SS that is bought add to the bank size?

Or will all the upgrades I was given before be put back in?

Edit infact 2.

Why is it ppl are being forced to buy anti covert, why cant it be covert or anti covert?

more and more seem ppl are being forced to play one way and turning what is a semi ok game into what NG is, and that's only playing one way.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

reborn wrote:Why is it ppl are being forced to buy anti covert, why cant it be covert or anti covert?
You're not? re-read it, covert or anti-cover, whichever is higher.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
reborn
Forum Elite

I have re-read it it says
Support wrote: Half of the cost of the highest (anti)covert level will be the (minimum) bank size of any player.
Not anti or covert or another way of putting anti /covert lvl but highlighting the anti covert lvl.

Not in any part of that post was it said will be on which ever is highest.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

lol reborn now here you are wrong and its like clock said and like what is written :D and its often used to write between parentheses something which might be used or not :) as there is no point to repeat itself twice by writing covert and anticovert :) or atleast its how i understood it :)

edit: its kinda the same that someone would write something like this:
The author(s) and the format will vary as needed.

you wont go complaining that it cant be a single author :D and it should always be couple authors :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Questions for support:

-------

Question: why is it income would dictate bank sizes, not your own miners/lifers?

Seems very silly that for example if your commander drops his income (say puts nox/critical on), you'd lose bank capacity.

-------

Question #2: based on my understanding if bank space is raw 50% next level with a % variable for income, is the following true or false?
(for easy of calculations i'm working at 10% increase to raw bank per 100b income).

Player A: Fully ascended, covert level 40.
Player B: Newer player in the ascension process, covert level currently 32.

Both players A and B want to upgrade their covert level. In order for Player A to save for his covert 41, he fills his bank up to it's raw 50% level (3.3 quad) with no income. He then builds an income of 500b/turn, which gives him the extra 50% of space required. This requires investment in income planets as well as miners. Player A does not mind spending $ to do this and buy MPDSD, and so gets his covert level with some effort.

Player B wishes to upgrade to covert 33. He has no income. He fills his bank up to it's raw maximum (12.9 tril). To increase his bank size to purchase covert level 33 (that costs 25 tril), he needs an additional 50% bank space. At 10% of raw per 100b, he/she must now invest the same as player A in order to afford the next level.

In other words, unless you have reached that set amount of income (500b/turn) you can never bank enough naq for your next covert level?

-------

Question #3: As a large % of high yield incomes is derived from planets, and those planets are takeable without MPDSD... Are there any plans to increase the availability of MPDSD without $ purchases in addition to this update.

-------

Question #4: I'm in a war. I would like to buy another covert level, but i need to save for it. If I take nox/critical off to increase my income and bank space i'm vulnerable to massing. Yet in being massed I lose my defense and thus my income is farmed. How can I help protect myself?

I suspect i'm going to have plenty more questions about this, but lets start there...

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Thank you Norbe.
Norbe wrote:Questions for support:

-------
'Income' was an inaccurate choice of words. Bank size was previously based on raw income and modified by the amount of 'bank upgrades' applied through SS / Market PPT / Alliance features. Basically, what this change entails is a 'center path' between 100% reliance on C/AC cost and 100% reliance on income.
As this draws on the raw income, your bank size would not be affected by Realm Alert or Commander Contribution.
Norbe wrote:Question: why is it income would dictate bank sizes, not your own miners/lifers?

Seems very silly that for example if your commander drops his income (say puts nox/critical on), you'd lose bank capacity.

-------
No. The absolute minimum bank size (provided absolute 0 income) is 50% of the cost of the highest covert or anti-covert level on the account.
On top of that absolute minimum you get 50% of what your bank would have been based on income. That is 2 days of Raw Income modified by the bank upgrades.

In your scenario:
player A:
--Absolute minimum bank size @ 40: 3.3Q
--Bank size @ 500B/turn (without bank upgrades): 48T
--Actual bank size: 3.3Q (income-based bank size effect negligible)

player B:
--Absolute minimum bank size @ 32: 12.9T
--Actual bank size: 60T (income-based bank size effect significant)

It is worth noting that older accounts often have bigger modifiers, and means to increase bank space are available to all through alliance / MT-for-space Market functions.
Norbe wrote:Question #2: based on my understanding if bank space is raw 50% next level with a % variable for income, is the following true or false?
(for easy of calculations i'm working at 10% increase to raw bank per 100b income).

Both players A and B want to upgrade their covert level. In order for Player A to save for his covert 41, he fills his bank up to it's raw 50% level (3.3 quad) with no income. He then builds an income of 500b/turn, which gives him the extra 50% of space required. This requires investment in income planets as well as miners. Player A does not mind spending $ to do this and buy MPDSD, and so gets his covert level with some effort.

Player B wishes to upgrade to covert 33. He has no income. He fills his bank up to it's raw maximum (12.9 tril). To increase his bank size to purchase covert level 33 (that costs 25 tril), he needs an additional 50% bank space. At 10% of raw per 100b, he/she must now invest the same as player A in order to afford the next level.

In other words, unless you have reached that set amount of income (500b/turn) you can never bank enough naq for your next covert level?

-------
As raw income is used, planet contribution is ignored for the bank calculation.
Norbe wrote:Question #3: As a large % of high yield incomes is derived from planets, and those planets are takeable without MPDSD... Are there any plans to increase the availability of MPDSD without $ purchases in addition to this update.

-------
Does this scenario still apply now that your view of the bank composition has been amended?
Norbe wrote:Question #4: I'm in a war. I would like to buy another covert level, but i need to save for it. If I take nox/critical off to increase my income and bank space i'm vulnerable to massing. Yet in being massed I lose my defense and thus my income is farmed. How can I help protect myself?
Hope this answers some of those questions. By all means, fire away.
Norbe wrote:I suspect i'm going to have plenty more questions about this, but lets start there...

~Norbe~
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

Support wrote:Thank you Norbe.
Norbe wrote:Questions for support:

-------
'Income' was an inaccurate choice of words. Bank size was previously based on raw income and modified by the amount of 'bank upgrades' applied through SS / Market PPT / Alliance features. Basically, what this change entails is a 'center path' between 100% reliance on C/AC cost and 100% reliance on income.
As this draws on the raw income, your bank size would not be affected by Realm Alert or Commander Contribution.
Norbe wrote:Question: why is it income would dictate bank sizes, not your own miners/lifers?

-------
No. The absolute minimum bank size (provided absolute 0 income) is 50% of the cost of the highest covert or anti-covert level on the account.
On top of that absolute minimum you get 50% of what your bank would have been based on income. That is 2 days of Raw Income modified by the bank upgrades.

In your scenario:
player A:
--Absolute minimum bank size @ 40: 3.3Q
--Actual bank size: 3.3Q (income-based bank size effect negligible)

player B:
--Absolute minimum bank size @ 32: 12.9T
--Actual bank size: 60T (income-based bank size effect significant)

It is worth noting that older accounts often have bigger modifiers, and means to increase bank space are available to all through alliance / MT-for-space Market functions.
Norbe wrote:Question #2: based on my understanding if bank space is raw 50% next level with a % variable for income, is the following true or false?

-------
As raw income is used, planet contribution is ignored for the bank calculation.
Norbe wrote:Question #3: As a large % of high yield incomes is derived from planets, and those planets are takeable without MPDSD... Are there any plans to increase the availability of MPDSD without $ purchases in addition to this update.

-------
Does this scenario still apply now that your view of the bank composition has been amended?
Norbe wrote:Question #4: I'm in a war. I would like to buy another covert level, but i need to save for it. If I take nox/critical off to increase my income and bank space i'm vulnerable to massing. Yet in being massed I lose my defense and thus my income is farmed. How can I help protect myself?
Hope this answers some of those questions. By all means, fire away.
Norbe wrote:I suspect i'm going to have plenty more questions about this, but lets start there...

~Norbe~
Sooo... Like I was saying.... How In The world are you suppose to get even 41 cov with this if 500b income only gives you 50t.... Even cov lvl 40 would be hard to achieve.
Spoiler
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

I suspect your new to the game, this change isn't that abnormal. We used to have banks that relied solely on your income/unit base.

Having this change allows for change in the way we play, you will have to work as a team to build up naq or even get your alliance to build up the naq. Having this change will bring more teamwork into the game and give it a different approach.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:I suspect your new to the game, this change isn't that abnormal. We used to have banks that relied solely on your income/unit base.

Having this change allows for change in the way we play, you will have to work as a team to build up naq or even get your alliance to build up the naq. Having this change will bring more teamwork into the game and give it a different approach.
Yea I do remember those times. And also back then 37 cov was insane. Now 37 is nothing.

If we need more teamwork in this game then we need a better way to contact new players and help them stay. It will only make it harder for them.
Spoiler
My_Crows
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Mass Coalition
Race: Gringo

I'm not worried about the "hows" and "what ifs", the only thing im wondering about is WHY?

What's wrong with the current bank system? Is it somehow being abused?

I feel like this is going to screw so many people in the long run, not necessarily me.
Tap for sigs
Spoiler
ImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”