The Tok'Ra List

All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
lordernest
Forum Elite
Alliance: Loner
Race: TRUE GOD OF ALL
ID: 0

Re: The Tok'Ra List

No Child you come into there through the will of the Ori.
- Ancient God of the Ori
" From the Darkness Arises an Old System Lord, ready to take back the glories lost in time." - Terak , First Prime of Ernest

"There is no fear, only terror
There is no resistance, only submission
There is no peace , only war
There is no fate, only consequences."
- Lord Ernest
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

But I'm a non believer, why do the Ori want us to be born in the first place? For the sport of killing? Or maybe just for the fun of it?
'cause from wha'cha say, the Ori could pretty much prevent us from being born in the first place. There you go, you gave me a valid argument to sustain that the Ori aren't truly gods, but rather some sort of advanced form of goa'uld.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Kelmek Tok'ra!
Ya'Toni Ran'Oy Shol'va!
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

I'm too tired to respond in full strength, so I'll make it as short as I can.

Kree, ha'shak. Shol'va? Kel'nok shree. Ti'bia shol'va kalash.

It's time we dropped the charade. Deep inside, we all know the truth. Let us follow it. Stop lying to yourselves.

Hallowed are the souls and bodies of those who press on against the Ori.
Hallowed are those who realize their mistakes.
Hallowed are those who repent.
Hallowed are the ones who would die for what they believe in.

Hollow is the promise of one who offers everything for nothing.
Hollow are they who walk in unison, for they have no individuality.
Hollow are those who gave in to the armies of the Ori.
Hollow are they who claim to be Gods.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Gaius wrote:I'm too tired to respond in full strength, so I'll make it as short as I can.

Kree, ha'shak. Shol'va? Kel'nok shree. Ti'bia shol'va kalash.

It's time we dropped the charade. Deep inside, we all know the truth. Let us follow it. Stop lying to yourselves.

Hallowed are the souls and bodies of those who press on against the Ori.
Hallowed are those who realize their mistakes.
Hallowed are those who repent.
Hallowed are the ones who would die for what they believe in.

Hollow is the promise of one who offers everything for nothing.
Hollow are they who walk in unison, for they have no individuality.
Hollow are those who gave in to the armies of the Ori.
Hollow are they who claim to be Gods.

Al'Shack, Anack Kel.
Kal'Ko'Na, Gaius?

Anyway, this wasn't particularly directed at you, my comment, but at the Tok'ra & Shol'va in general to get a reaction to see if these disappeared from universe, as I expected they just remained silent.

Either way, I'm not a "child of the Ori"...
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

SuperSaiyan wrote:Clearly you need clean the wax from your ears

Goa'ulds don't produce wax, it's produced due a weakness by mere human beings. Symbiotes prevent such weakness from their hosts, and thus don't need wax to be done.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

I didn't assume you were a follower of the Ori, I was also making a general statement. Sayian is right though, it seems you didn't hear my full statement.

"Hallowed are the ones who would die for what they believe in."
"Hollow are they who claim to be Gods."

Go'tak.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Kel'Tai, Ajak Tauri.
Ke'i! Anack Kel, Ha'taaka! :sge

For some reason I start to believe barely any Goa'uld/System Lord still visit the sanctuary...maybe busy fighting elsewhere, but that's still odd.
Spoiler

Spoiler
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

tek ma tek Legendary Jimster
i belive the reason my brothers and sisters find no need to interact with the comunity is they are so far below us it would be basthemy for them talk to us.

System Lord 1 1029 5,061,040,328,999,408 4,918,406,539,358
Ancient 2 1609 2,073,343,510,431,272 1,288,591,367,577
Tollan 3 738 1,381,359,723,911,495 1,871,761,143,512

lo tak meta satak Tacoma all shal bow at my feet :sge
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

Out Of Character:
The only reason why there are so many sytem lords / goa'uld is that.. when you first ascend, you get switched to system lord schematic and have to use 3 race changes to be something else. (yes, ascended bonus too, as it affects menu screen, and maybe more)
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Gaius wrote:Out Of Character:
The only reason why there are so many sytem lords / goa'uld is that.. when you first ascend, you get switched to system lord schematic and have to use 3 race changes to be something else. (yes, ascended bonus too, as it affects menu screen, and maybe more)

There are more ancients than system lords infact almost 600 more but we are gods and rule this galxy with our might

Code: Select all

System Lord    1    1029 
Ancient    2    1609

"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Dark Lord Tacoma wrote:

There are more ancients than system lords infact almost 600 more but we are gods and rule this galxy with our might

Code: Select all

System Lord    1    1029 
Ancient    2    1609

Indeed, Ancients are more numbered, but less powerful! :sge
Spoiler

Spoiler
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

Out Of Character:
Perhaps you didn't understand my statement. Experienced players won't care what their race is, and therefore not waste race changes on it. After all, the bonuses are all the same throughout ascended races.
Those who wanted the looks, names, etc of other races, in an attempt to bring some diversity to the game, eventually got bored, because they weren't experienced players, and couldn't advance in the game.

There is also the fact that a lot of new accounts name their race ancient / ancients.

It's sort of like, a statement that they want to be cool and/or powerful, when in fact they're not.

That is the same case as with the Goa'uld, as they take on the name of Goa'uld in order to be able to claim that they are gods.

Moreover, you forget that within your ranks there are many fights, causing fluctuations within the overall power of your race. The need to protect from each other has made the goa'uld militarily potent, but that does not mean that they are the most powerful race. They are in fact, the weakest of them, followed by the Jaffa. Only those two races battle each other relentlessly.

The true meaning of power, is not military strength, but unity within the race itself, respect for each of their cultures' different beliefs, and overall peace within their ranks.

You also forget that the Ancients have a strict policy against war, and therefore only arm their planets with defensive weapons, leaving warfare to the lower races.

It is the ancients in fact, who are the most powerful race, for they cannot be conquered. The fact that even without military support, they're right behind you in the galactic ranks, proves it.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Perhaps you didn't understand my statement. Experienced players won't care what their race is, and therefore not waste race changes on it. After all, the bonuses are all the same throughout ascended races.

There's no race change required for ascended people, it's custom name changed, not bonuses I talk about. A Goa'uld unascended will lose a race change if s/he goes from income bonus to let's say covert bonus (replicator) but if s/he changes name of race to let's say Unas, no race change goes. So your point is incorrect. Many experienced players as you say changed to many different race names, including other stargate races (better imo than non stargate races)

Those who wanted the looks, names, etc of other races, in an attempt to bring some diversity to the game, eventually got bored, because they weren't experienced players, and couldn't advance in the game.

Not necessarily.

There is also the fact that a lot of new accounts name their race ancient / ancients.

Maybe because they like the Alterans?

It's sort of like, a statement that they want to be cool and/or powerful, when in fact they're not.

That is the same case as with the Goa'uld, as they take on the name of Goa'uld in order to be able to claim that they are gods.

Same goes for other races of stargate, like Tok'ra for example, except it's not to look powerful in this particular case :smt042 .

Moreover, you forget that within your ranks there are many fights, causing fluctuations within the overall power of your race. The need to protect from each other has made the goa'uld militarily potent, but that does not mean that they are the most powerful race. They are in fact, the weakest of them, followed by the Jaffa. Only those two races battle each other relentlessly.

The last SL vs Ancients/Asgards wars were likely won by the SL race, and Ancients side had many great players playing.

The true meaning of power, is not military strength, but unity within the race itself, respect for each of their cultures' different beliefs, and overall peace within their ranks.

Wraith fight each others too, doesn't mean they are a weak race...even though there are few Wraith in this game.

You also forget that the Ancients have a strict policy against war, and therefore only arm their planets with defensive weapons, leaving warfare to the lower races.

They were defeated by a "lower race", the Wraith, who took advantage of the excess of confidence by Ancients going too far in hostile systems being not sufficiently prepared...(Todd said it in one SGA episode)

It is the ancients in fact, who are the most powerful race, for they cannot be conquered. The fact that even without military support, they're right behind you in the galactic ranks, proves it.

In SGA Ancients don't fight each others, but in this game, they obviously do. It just require an alliance war with Ancients on both sides and they'll fight each others!
Spoiler

Spoiler
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

If you so much want to invalidate my arguments, that you bring to the table suppositions and unsure statements like "not necessarily", "maybe", "likely", etc., so be it.
But when you lack the courage to fight on the front yourself, and instead send in thousands if not millions of jaffa, do not dare say that the Tok'ra fight each other.
Don't talk to be about the Wraith. That statement changed nothing in the true definition of power. Sure, they may be superior in numbers and military strength, but that is again, not the definition of true strength.
The alterans were defeated by the wraith, superior in numbers, and maybe by the goa'uld, who also had superior numbers in the form of jaffa. Sending waves of jaffa, death gliders, al'kesh, and who knows what else on suicide missions is not an act demonstrated by a superior race. Superior in numbers, I give you that.
Yes, I know there are more alteran leaders than there are goa'uld leaders, but that is because they're not military factions, but rather exploration and research parties. The alterans felt no need to arm themselves heavily, due to the fact that they had no wish to fight, only direct the course of the galaxy toward a brighter future, one that was shadowed by the promise of "gods", title which the alterans refused to take, despite being able to develop technology that would ultimately bring them to the closest thing to godness.

Enjoy your useless war, na'onak. But you will soon find, that neither of the current major factions will win, but rather the war fought within shadow, will bring about the end of the greater one.

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”