Suggestion Box

Warning: Role Playing Zone - Content guidelines are applied less stringently.
For the many battle and war threads, and individual challenges for other players.

Moderator: General - Battle/FAQ Mods

Forum rules
This is a war Forum. Minors, faint of heart, or those with heart conditions are encouraged to use the General forums.
The team reserves its right to change the titles of threads to ensure that the title reflects the nature of the thread
Link to: Message from the Section Head and Mods
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by ƒëmmë » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:24 am

*swoosh* so your saying there is no consequence for trying to threaten the forum staff??? My point was ...oh never mind.. go ahead and do as you please.. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rulesShow
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
SpoilerShow
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Post by EbilCC » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:40 am

:smt050 you didnt think i would check that up before posting did you #-o and even if DDE were banned we may set up our own game forum seperate just for market use if things keep going the way they are

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)

Psyko
The Irresistible

Post by Psyko » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:56 am

I understand there is a belief of Mod bias the run rampant on this forum - in the GC especially. So let me address this issue very carefully.

~Any General/GC Mod will have extra scrutiny from me for any actions any user believes to have been biased

~No Mod can Mod a topic that involves their alliance or their own in-game persona

~Retaliation on a Mod's actions in-game by a user who doesn't agree with, or like, the warning issued against their account is not covered by the Rules of this forum. That means you can mass them 'till your heart's content, but it will not change any Mod's actions when performing their duties.

~If any Mod refuses to perform their duties due to the threat of a user, both parties will be penalized by me. I don't fully know what action I would take, but it will be severe; in-game actions should never influence how this forum is run, and if that becomes the case there will be strong penalties.

~if DDE feel they have been targeted by bias, compile a list of Users and previous Warnings Received and PM them to me. I will look into each and every one of them to see if any bias has been held.

~ANY time in the future when a user thinks bias influence the action against them, they are to report it here: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=196122. I will consider each case brought before me within that thread.

~Haz mentioned me "mentoring" any Mods whom a user believes holds bias against them, and stated that if you went to him, he would work with me. If there is truly bias, I won't be mentoring anyone. This is the GC and General.

~ANY true action of bias (discovered by me) by any moderator is going to meet with a no-tolerance policy. Haz can move them to another section if he wants to keep them as Mods, but I do not want their biased action to tarnish the good faith that needs to exist in such a volatile section of this forum. If Haz has a problem with this policy, he can take it up with me via PMs.

Now, while I greatly enjoy the art of debate, this is a Suggestion Box. If anyone would like to continue this debate about Mod Bias, please proceed to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=196122.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Post by BenjaminMS » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Psyko, no offense. But before they were removed, I saw a couple of the posts of especially Rob3rt (but also a few others) whom they now hold as 'unjust punished'. I'm no mod, but personally I'd warned them too (personal attacks, (aggressively) replying to modding, spam and a lot of other verbal abuse).
IMHO, especially DDE needs to learn to fine line between what's allowed and what's not. Of course, there's ever the ever-so-subtle line viewable with an slight personal opinion. But does it really affect the modding? In general not, and in the cases it does, there are that few cases from in the total amount of modding it's barely noticeable those days.
In the days that there were big alliance wars between OE, DDE, TL etc where actively partaking mods were involved, it happened frequently. And no offense, but especially DDE and their associates were guilty of 'favorable modding'.

Regards,
BenjaminMS
(A former mod here and on other forums)
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
SpoilerShow
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you

Psyko
The Irresistible

Post by Psyko » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 am

BenjaminMS wrote:Psyko, no offense. But before they were removed, I saw a couple of the posts of especially Rob3rt (but also a few others) whom they now hold as 'unjust punished'. I'm no mod, but personally I'd warned them too (personal attacks, (aggressively) replying to modding, spam and a lot of other verbal abuse).
IMHO, especially DDE needs to learn to fine line between what's allowed and what's not. Of course, there's ever the ever-so-subtle line viewable with an slight personal opinion. But does it really affect the modding? In general not, and in the cases it does, there are that few cases from in the total amount of modding it's barely noticeable those days.
In the days that there were big alliance wars between OE, DDE, TL etc where actively partaking mods were involved, it happened frequently. And no offense, but especially DDE and their associates were guilty of 'favorable modding'.

Regards,
BenjaminMS
(A former mod here and on other forums)

I'm not really sure why you would think I would be offended by your post.

I wish there was a more clear statement of which posts you refer to -- in which thread and when their removal occurred -- so that I could have a little bit of background to interpret your comments more clearly, but there is nothing offensive to me stated in the quoted post.

There is, however, a hint of blame being tossed out to one particular alliance in regard to forum behavior.

I want to make this clear to all members of the GC (this is not directed at BenjaminMS): From what I can tell based on my (admittedly little) experience in this section of the forum, there are members of nearly every alliance who do not seem to know the boundaries of this forum's rule structure, or accept the authority of the Moderators who are bound by the rules to perform the duties of their voluntary position. The mere fact that a few of the most vocal rule-breakers reside in a particular alliance is not unknown to me, but it shouldn't paint the entire alliance as being in line with that behavior.

The actions of the few should not affect the many; an example of this is how no forum rules have been added to restrict in-game activity because of those few users who decide to take out their frustrations on the Mods by massing them in game.

As I stated earlier, the "favorable modding" which occurred in the past is going to stay in the past. I have no tolerance for unnecessary drama because a Moderator cannot keep their personal bias out of a decision. Any one of the Section Mods whom is conflicted with an action should recuse him/herself from the situation and allow one of the other Section Mods (or me, if necessary) to handle it.

I would appreciate if this thread did not dissolve into a he-said, she-said discussion on the bias of past Mods or the actions of users whom are members of an alliance.

I understand this is a war game and you all have rivals and enemies alike, but this particular thread should be used for suggestions on how to better General and the Galactic Colosseum. Bringing up the actions of others is not applicable to the purpose of this thread. If anyone has any specific instances to report, there is another thread in which such things should be posted, or they can be PM'd directly to me.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Drought
Forum Expert

Post by Drought » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:14 am

On topic:

suggestion to prevent bias-ery views/opinions/suspicions

Make mods for the GC section anonymous, simply do not have anything relating to ingame in their profiles.

As far as I know, mods are chosen and watched by the rest of the staff.
Generally any indecent action sticks out and gets known.

Its the drama coming from the forum goers that generally tends to see with only blind caps on, like a bull with red cloth wavering in front of him.

"Ohhhhhh Enemy logo, AND he warns one of my mates ..... UNLEASSSHHH HELLLLLLLLLLLLL"

A tad on the dramatic side but, yeah, thats about it.

Mods anonymous.
a very bad hairdoShow

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Post by jedi~tank » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:26 am

There is a way to format the GC to where mods from either side of a war can actually mod without bias..it will take diligence to establish but once done all mods have to do is remove posts and issue warning points....

1- refine the rules to where there are no loop holes i.e
Players are to be addressed by thier ingame or forum name..no nicknames of any sort
violation = 1 warning

2- refine the rules to where only CURRENT war related posts are permitted..i.e. either kill posts or role play battle posts..This will eliminate bias interpretation or honest misinterpretation of any current rules regarding posting conduct.
Violation= 1 warning

3- refine the rules to where no sigs, quotes in sigs or vids are not permitted depicting the belittlement of any player or any alliance..Any such posts made outside of the GC for obvious bypassing the rule, the poster should be given a warning.
Violation = 1 warning

4- Refine the rules to where trolling by players outside of the war is not permitted. Good luck posts or go xxxx alliance posts are fine...contingent upon #5
Violation= 1 warning

5- make it so a particular war thread is post accessible by members of the warring allinces, this will eliminate ALLOT of bs.

3 warnings= ban from the war thread ( contingent upon # 5) or a bann from the GC

There are 5 simple ones for starters.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Psyko
The Irresistible

Post by Psyko » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Drought wrote:On topic:

Make mods for the GC section anonymous, simply do not have anything relating to ingame in their profiles.

Its the drama coming from the forum goers that generally tends to see with only blind caps on, like a bull with red cloth wavering in front of him.

"Ohhhhhh Enemy logo, AND he warns one of my mates ..... UNLEASSSHHH HELLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Mods anonymous.
As far as I recall, this had been attempted once in the past, to ill effects. I think the Cons outweigh any Pros which that idea may provide.

Thank you for your idea, though. :)
Jedi~Tank wrote:There is a way to format the GC to where mods from either side of a war can actually mod without bias..it will take diligence to establish but once done all mods have to do is remove posts and issue warning points....

Players are to be addressed by thier ingame or forum name..no nicknames of any sort
violation = 1 warning
No one would last the week.
Jedi~Tank wrote:2- refine the rules to where only CURRENT war related posts are permitted..i.e. either kill posts or role play battle posts..This will eliminate bias interpretation or honest misinterpretation of any current rules regarding posting conduct.
Violation= 1 warning
We're trying to increase activity, not limit it further.
Jedi~Tank wrote:3- refine the rules to where no sigs, quotes in sigs or vids are not permitted depicting the belittlement of any player or any alliance..Any such posts made outside of the GC for obvious bypassing the rule, the poster should be given a warning.
Violation = 1 warning
I'm assuming you mean no vids, etc. are permitted if they belittle others. While that's great, there are too many "inside" insults of which the Mods are not aware, and people would be able to get around it through ignorance. It would also need to be a forum-wide rule instead of GC only, which means that is up to the Section Heads/Admin to discuss and decide.
Jedi~Tank wrote:4- Refine the rules to where trolling by players outside of the war is not permitted. Good luck posts or go xxxx alliance posts are fine...contingent upon #5
Violation= 1 warning
Since when has any authority on this forum been able to successfully limit trolling? Even 3 warnings and a ban can't stop the trolls for very long.
Jedi~Tank wrote:5- make it so a particular war thread is post accessible by members of the warring allinces, this will eliminate ALLOT of bs.
Again, it limits forum activity instead of promoting any.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Post by jedi~tank » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:23 pm

And with that therein lies the problem...the forum is a schoolyard full of kids and the supervisors do nothing except hold a title.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Haz
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Post by Haz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Jedi~Tank wrote:And with that therein lies the problem...the forum is a schoolyard full of kids and the supervisors do nothing except hold a title.
Admission of guilt? And not just hold a title, but efforts to try and curb any troubling issues are met with complaints and threats.

And you'd rather us become stricter? If I recall correctly, in the past a lot of people were angry because we were too strict?

Or do you guys really want me back modding again? :P

Mod Admin
Tech Admin

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.

CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
SpoilerShow
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
SpoilerShow
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198000900752]Image[/url]

Drought
Forum Expert

Post by Drought » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Psyko wrote:

Mods anonymous.
As far as I recall, this had been attempted once in the past, to ill effects. I think the Cons outweigh any Pros which that idea may provide.

~Psyko

This was attempted when ?

I've been around on and off on this forum for quite a few years, I havent seen it.

What cons ? mods needing to keep their identity secret instead of flaunting who they are ?

Haz wrote: And you'd rather us become stricter?
Actually, yes, forum staffs of this forum have always had a weak grip on a large group of players.
If you compare the appliance of this forums rules compared to other fora ...

We'd see a lot more banned accounts then only the spam bots.

Oh noes not bann the few active people you might think ... well .. in some cases, having certain people banned keeps others around.
a very bad hairdoShow

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Post by jedi~tank » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:50 am

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:And with that therein lies the problem...the forum is a schoolyard full of kids and the supervisors do nothing except hold a title.
Admission of guilt? And not just hold a title, but efforts to try and curb any troubling issues are met with complaints and threats.

And you'd rather us become stricter? If I recall correctly, in the past a lot of people were angry because we were too strict?

A typical responce..I think your post just validated the accusations against you and those you represent THUS an obvious admission to guilt. :-"

Jedi~Tank
That was too easy

Deni

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Post by jedi~tank » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:52 am

Psyko wrote:

Mods anonymous.

Jedi~Tank wrote:There is a way to format the GC to where mods from either side of a war can actually mod without bias..it will take diligence to establish but once done all mods have to do is remove posts and issue warning points....

violation = 1 warning
No one would last the week.
Jedi~Tank wrote:2- refine the rules to where only CURRENT war related posts are permitted..i.e. either kill posts or role play battle posts..This will eliminate bias interpretation or honest misinterpretation of any current rules regarding posting conduct.
Violation= 1 warning
We're trying to increase activity, not limit it further.
Jedi~Tank wrote:3- refine the rules to where no sigs, quotes in sigs or vids are not permitted depicting the belittlement of any player or any alliance..Any such posts made outside of the GC for obvious bypassing the rule, the poster should be given a warning.
Violation = 1 warning
I'm assuming you mean no vids, etc. are permitted if they belittle others. While that's great, there are too many "inside" insults of which the Mods are not aware, and people would be able to get around it through ignorance. It would also need to be a forum-wide rule instead of GC only, which means that is up to the Section Heads/Admin to discuss and decide.
Jedi~Tank wrote:4- Refine the rules to where trolling by players outside of the war is not permitted. Good luck posts or go xxxx alliance posts are fine...contingent upon #5
Violation= 1 warning
Since when has any authority on this forum been able to successfully limit trolling? Even 3 warnings and a ban can't stop the trolls for very long.
Jedi~Tank wrote:5- make it so a particular war thread is post accessible by members of the warring allinces, this will eliminate ALLOT of bs.
Again, it limits forum activity instead of promoting any.

~Psyko
The status quo is not increasing forum activity, or have you not noticed? :-k

Deni

Melisandre
Lady Red
Race: Shadowbinder
ID: 15

Post by Melisandre » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:53 am

Instead of looking to us to be your bloody conscience, grow the hell up and behave with a shred of dignity and selfrespect.
We do not need to have a grip on the members.. they need to stand up for themselves, firm, strong and with common sense, instead of emptying their reserves of antisocial and toxic attitude anywhere they like.

Mind you, there is no real problem beyond a few members wanting a police state (but oh, woe when there is such a system, hen everything is even more unfair and wahwahwah more whining.

Mods were made anonymous in 2006~7, ask Agapooka, he was in charge back then. It turned into a "who is who"-fest, with everyone seeking out and discovering which mod is who. You think you can effectively stay anonymous on any forum? :smt043 Even more naive than this thread implies.

Nope. Instead of whining about how others complain when they get warned, how about taking your bloody responsibity as alliance leaders/mouths, and teaching the wild dogs among you to think for themselves?
Rules are solid, now grow up and start acting a LOT less immature. Thank you kindly.
Last edited by Melisandre on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One realm, one god, one king."

Ah, yeah. This is Juliette, iPad.

Haz
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Post by Haz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:53 am

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:

A typical responce..I think your post just validated the accusations against you and those you represent THUS an obvious admission to guilt. :-"

Jedi~Tank
That was too easy
I actually meant your admission of guilt of the "schoolyard bullying"...

Mod Admin
Tech Admin

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.

CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
SpoilerShow
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
SpoilerShow
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198000900752]Image[/url]

Return to “The Galactic Colosseum”