The GC Experiment ~ Permanence

Warning: Role Playing Zone - Content guidelines are applied less stringently.
For the many battle and war threads, and individual challenges for other players.
Forum rules
This is a war Forum. Minors, faint of heart, or those with heart conditions are encouraged to use the General forums.
The team reserves its right to change the titles of threads to ensure that the title reflects the nature of the thread
Link to: Message from the Section Head and Mods
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

The GC Experiment ~ Permanence

Attention all Galactic Colosseum users:

The Galactic Colosseum will not be moderated.

That said, the Admins reserve the right to close down any thread that gets beyond all form of control or allow moderation of severe rule violations. Off-topic posts, minor insults, and other rule infringements will not necessarily be acted upon. You are still encouraged to report anything you believe has gone too far or violated any/all forum rules so that a GC Moderator will at least look at the action(s) of the user in question.

This is not an invitation to turn this section into a war zone, but our previous experiment seemed to work well-enough in the eyes of the Admins and we've decided to extend its application indefinitely.

You may use this thread for any questions or concerns you may have about this decision.

I understand this decision will likely bring a lot of heated debate. All Admins have the right to respond on the matter within this thread, as it was a collective decision.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
EbilCC
Forum Addict

Re: The GC Experiment ~ Permanence

i think this is the one place that needs mod other places arent really were people insult each other ? like role play bugs, market etc get my point? it seems lazyness on mods part why be a mod other sections wont be reeally hateful

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Psyko
The Irresistible

CCexyDCapedCrusader wrote:i think this is the one place that needs mod other places arent really were people insult each other ? like role play bugs, market etc get my point? it seems lazyness on mods part why be a mod other sections wont be reeally hateful
The majority of reports Moderators deal with in the GC are actually Spam/Off-topic post related. Yes, there are also insults thrown around by certain members, but it goes both ways and can sometimes work itself out. in the case of extreme insults and other actions that cross the line completely (like nude photographs and severe abuse/racism/threats toward other members) then a Moderator will still be stepping in.

But we're done holding hands. It's clear that the war mentality has taken over the GC and that nothing will truly soothe the tempers and hatred between certain alliances and forum members. Rather than worry about one alliance reporting everything another alliance posts within a thread, and that alliance quickly following suit against the other, and the insults that range from making fun of a person's in-game action to calling them prejudicial names, and all of the other shenanigans those who frequent the GC pull, the Moderators will not be handling much of the rule bending that occurs within the GC. Instead, they will be focusing on the severe actions, while letting the other minor stuff sort itself out.

Locking a thread hasn't worked. Reminding people of rules hasn't worked. Warning people hasn't worked. Banning people has also not worked. So we're done worrying about all the little petty stuff that gets everyone so worked up. "He's posting in my thread and he has nothing to do with it," or "So-and-so called my buddy a moron." We're not handling it. Grow up and work it out yourselves, the same way you manage to do in group chats and skype conversations.

GC Moderators will be focusing on the more serious rules and letting you guys deal with your own pettiness, because it's clear we can't do anything to get you guys to knock it off.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

This is a good thing. We trust everyone is able to have fun together (either with or against each other), without the constant watchful eyes of moderators on you.

Re: The reference to the other sections, role play/bugs/market; You understand how those sections are strictly functional (with the exception of role play, admittedly), ergo need to be kept somewhat cleaner. That doesn't mean "go ahead, defile the Colosseum", rather it means "hey guys, you can do well, have fun, drama and banter, and we won't be here to slap you silly when things get a little heated every once in a while." :smt019
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

You are still encouraged to report anything you believe has gone too far or violated any/all forum rules so that a GC Moderator will at least look at the action(s) of the user in question.
whats different again ? :-k
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psyko
The Irresistible

Guild wrote:
You are still encouraged to report anything you believe has gone too far or violated any/all forum rules so that a GC Moderator will at least look at the action(s) of the user in question.
whats different again ? :-k
We won't be warning or banning a bunch of people for spam or petty insults, and we won't be intruding in threads asking or demanding for order when things get heated.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Psyko wrote:The Galactic Colosseum will be not be moderated.
Be. That is all.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Semper wrote:
Psyko wrote:The Galactic Colosseum will be not be moderated.
Be. That is all.
Dammit. ](*,)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

So masking and cursing, exponentially large sigs are tolerated rather than moded?
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Tetrismonkey wrote:So masking and cursing, exponentially large sigs are tolerated rather than moded?
Masking and cursing, unless severe and exponential, are not modded in the GC. Large sigs affect other areas of the forum and would be moderated.

This policy was tested and instituted last year and no one has conveyed having much of a problem with it since that time.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

+1
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Psyko wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:So masking and cursing, exponentially large sigs are tolerated rather than moded?
Masking and cursing, unless severe and exponential, are not modded in the GC. Large sigs affect other areas of the forum and would be moderated.

This policy was tested and instituted last year and no one has conveyed having much of a problem with it since that time.
I understand that but still, IMO masking and the use of profanity to those extremes should be delt with. Considering that the GC is accessible to guest users, someone passing by the forums would be able to see those words...
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Psyko wrote:

I understand that but still, IMO masking and the use of profanity to those extremes should be delt with. Considering that the GC is accessible to guest users, someone passing by the forums would be able to see those words...
We welcome the opinion and the insight of anyone in the community. We were actually hoping to get this kind of information during our test in the early Fall or even once the policy had been "permanently" instated.

Anyone who sees a post they feel should be moderated is encouraged to still report it, and if they have viable reasons for the post's removal, a Mod will address it.

As to whether we will consider masking or the use of curse words to be "severe" and warrant moderator action...that will be discussed and reconsidered.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
EbilCC
Forum Addict

how about banning in game as well as forums for finding peoples addresses posting them and threatening to come to were they live

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Psyko
The Irresistible

EbilEmperorCC wrote:how about banning in game as well as forums for finding peoples addresses posting them and threatening to come to were they live
We have no control over In Game banning, but the user in question has been banned from the forum for their actions.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “The Galactic Colosseum”