SGW down? Report here! (ONLY HERE)

List all bugs for MAIN SERVER here

Please use the ascended/chaos/quantum sections for bugs specific to those servers.
Human
Forum Regular
Race: Human

Re: SGW down? Report here! (ONLY HERE)

well, thanks. guess i am in the different zone than most.

the forum was not accessible too. anyway, hope it is stable now.
Trade Feedback: viewforum.php?f=48
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

are you with Optus? I doubt you are with same ISP as me
Clockwork wrote:Nothing is wrong with the game, its just a DNS mixup.

http://66.147.239.243
http://66.147.239.243/__ascended/
http://66.147.239.243/__newgrounds/
http://66.147.239.243/__quantumgate/

That gets you to everything important.

Feel free to send naq :P
doesn't help when you can't get on forum to get links in first place though :/
Tweety gave me the http:66.147.239.243 link, that would load but if I clicked ascended or forum on that same DSN error occured.

thanks though clockwork :smt058
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Ok, so that link for ascended takes you to the dev server apparently. Not sure why I was ending up on the live server, other than I've not had a problem accessing any of the servers so far.

So, ignore that link.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

How come that server seems to be down for almost 24h (wasn't able to log on main, ascended nor forum) yet now when it's working again I can see in attack logs that i've been farmed frequently whole that time on both main and ascended?
And why was no ppt given if there were problems with the game taking so long?
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

B0rg wrote:How come that server seems to be down for almost 24h (wasn't able to log on main, ascended nor forum) yet now when it's working again I can see in attack logs that i've been farmed frequently whole that time on both main and ascended?
And why was no ppt given if there were problems with the game taking so long?
It was/is not an issue on Gatewars' end, and it did certainly not affect everyone (as you can tell by the people who posted, and the farming going on across the server; heck, OA and TL were able to get themselves into a Blood War in the timeframe of some people not being able to log in).

The issue resolved/will resolve itself; this is a DNS issue along the route, not an issue with the servers at GW-end. :)
slx
Forum Irregular
Race: Sith

ya every thing was down for me also I can say it was over 8 hours . logged in today and was completely mass and missing 2 duals.
NAQ SOLD TO DATE: 15 quad
UU SOLD TO DATE:2.3 trill
ACCOUNTS SOLD for $$$ TO DATE: 5
ACCOUNTS SOLD FOR RESOURCES TO DATE: 8

Trade Feedback

Spoiler
Image[ Image
Cyberspilie
Fledgling Forumer

slx wrote:ya every thing was down for me also I can say it was over 8 hours . logged in today and was completely mass and missing 2 duals.
I missed my ppt... and I am not the only one. :S If you can't access the forum it is clearly a disadvantage for the people who don't have the information about the direct links to their disposal...
slx
Forum Irregular
Race: Sith

Cyberspilie wrote:
slx wrote:ya every thing was down for me also I can say it was over 8 hours . logged in today and was completely mass and missing 2 duals.
I missed my ppt... and I am not the only one. :S If you can't access the forum it is clearly a disadvantage for the people who don't have the information about the direct links to their disposal...
ya it sucks. I tryed 3 different browsers on my phone and 4 on the computer. I couldn't access any thing gatewars related (Main,ascended,NG,Q,origins or forum)
NAQ SOLD TO DATE: 15 quad
UU SOLD TO DATE:2.3 trill
ACCOUNTS SOLD for $$$ TO DATE: 5
ACCOUNTS SOLD FOR RESOURCES TO DATE: 8

Trade Feedback

Spoiler
Image[ Image
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan

Juliette wrote:The issue resolved/will resolve itself; this is a DNS issue along the route, not an issue with the servers at GW-end. :)
Maybe so, still until the issue resolves/resolved by itself one can get off PPT, get massed, lose much naq, planets and so. It actually happened as we see from above posts.
So my question is where is the thought of such thing and how to prevent it or fix it?
I don't like being farmed while I'm unable to log in, nobody does I assume. 24 hour without logging on can be deadly.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Cyberspilie
Fledgling Forumer

B0rg wrote:
Juliette wrote:The issue resolved/will resolve itself; this is a DNS issue along the route, not an issue with the servers at GW-end. :)
Maybe so, still until the issue resolves/resolved by itself one can get off PPT, get massed, lose much naq, planets and so. It actually happened as we see from above posts.
So my question is where is the thought of such thing and how to prevent it or fix it?
I don't like being farmed while I'm unable to log in, nobody does I assume. 24 hour without logging on can be deadly.
I totally agree! It's just not fair. I tried also several browsers etc. but in the end no result.
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

i see why people would get annoyed, but come on guys, it was about a day, but many people could get on, ask around on skype/msn/allience forums whatever u use, i bet u someone would know how to get on to gatewars, hell when i logged in yesterday 122 people were on.

not admin or anybody in sgw fault, this stuff has happened in past, nothing they can do about it, the links have been posted in forums for years, learn from it, save links for if/when it happens again, and if it happens again, offer it out to people you know, post it in your alliance forums (i did that this morning)

i know many people that couldnt get to forums, and so they asked other players, who told them.

not saying it doesn't suck, but rebuilding from a mass, cheap, losing planets, more expensive, but can be rebuilt, odds are the planet hasn't been merlined yet, take it back, repair it. its not like it got set back and u lost things like cov levels or raw up, or mothership (things that can't be destroyed under normal circumstances)

always a chance planets can be stolen, always chance u can be massed, just how game is, just take this for what it is and learn from it so you know what to do if it happens again.
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Log in code isnt working (appearing as a torn bit of paper....not sure what its called lol)

><
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Borek
Forum Addict

~Odin~ wrote:Log in code isnt working (appearing as a torn bit of paper....not sure what its called lol)

><
Yeah same for me, the code for main is not showing
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
shooty08
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Collective
Race: Hell no, I'm lazy
ID: 1950023

same here, broken link for the command center access code. Every browser I've tried so far is the same, no image= no login, unless I want to try all 1000 combinations for main and 10000 for ascended....

The attached picture is all I can find wrong through chrome.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

The issue is with the server itself, but it has been reported and will be fixed.
PPT will be awarded.

Unfortunately, the nature of the issue not only precludes me from fixing it, but also from posting an update to Main's index page, so this channel will have to do for now.

Return to “Bugs”