SGW site slow? Report here! (ONLY HERE

List all bugs for MAIN SERVER here

Please use the ascended/chaos/quantum sections for bugs specific to those servers.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

SGW site slow? Report here! (ONLY HERE

admin add:
if it is slow, and you wish to report to help identify and solve the issue, PLEASE:
copy the time from the game
state ,which page/url you are on.
describe what you expierienced (no load; page not found; page expired; continual loading...etc)
state how long you had been logged into the game before this happened
if possible, in a new window, open the forums and see if they are slow too - yes/no to forums slow.

thank you.
admin jason.

Hey im just wondering, does anyone else get these nasty nasty lag spikes in SGW when trying to load a page, i swear everytime i click something new on SGW atm the page takes 10 mins to load, is anyone else having this problem, espically users who are in the UK???

Thanks
Borek
Forum Addict

yup, terrible lag spikes for me, UK on NTL cable, all other web sites load fine, online games play smooth and fast, SGW runs so slowly it's unplayable at times, main only, although the other games do spike a little bit, main i can't even risk farming unless it's morning when the server isn't under so much stress :(
Ålbel The Wicked
Forum Spammer
Race: Elicoorian
ID: 1982073
Alternate name(s): Current:
Albel Noxx (1982073)
Old Account:
Ålbel The Wicked (18101)

Are you guys using Fire Fox?
()xxx[::: Ålbel The Wicked :::]xxx()
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

I use FireFox, i never had a problem with these spikes until maybe the last 10 days, but there getting worse its getting to the point i either have to log out and back in, or wait 10+ mins for it to load, and thats not good when your raiding or moving big amounts of naq around.
Borek
Forum Addict

yeah, i use FF, but as genchaos says it's been getting steadily worse lately and since Quantum, chaos and TAW all work fine i know it's not my browser, lol.
Ålbel The Wicked
Forum Spammer
Albel Noxx (1982073)
Old Account:
Ålbel The Wicked (18101)

Well I have to say I've had some spikes but they happen maybe once every 2 hours and they normally only last a few minutes... I live in Canada though so... Hmm well if you use fire fox... I really dont know what else to say...
Ålbel The Wicked
Forum Spammer
Albel Noxx (1982073)
Old Account:
Ålbel The Wicked (18101)

You might want to e-mail or PM Forum and see if he's doing anything about it...
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Personally I very rarely have a problem - using IE7 on Orange broadband.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

I use FF on an 8Mb line and its terrible, you get the standard lag on the turn, but then when the game timer hits about 6 mins after the turn the lag starts and this can last anywhere from 1 - 15 mins, its horrible.

Ill have to hook it up with IE and see if it makes a difference but i cant see it, i wonder is there a node down somewhere between the UK and the SGW server.
raistlin majere
Forum Elite
Alliance: Withheld
Race: Nanotimaster
ID: 8675309

Im in western US and I also have unusually long page loads.
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:ZOMG IT"S RAI!!!
Tivadar
Forum Regular
Alliance: [TCOA]Equinox
Race: Altíri

i have to say some things:

i used firefox too, on which it´s very slow!!
tyr opera or internet-explorer.
and second: its very slow when the time to to get turns has come...i think its because of the mercenaries
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

its becuase of the ppl on right now

when i playing around liek 22:00:00 game time it super fast no lag time no nothing becuase usually half the ppl go to sleep and there is about 400 ish players comapred to 800 during the monring
JIX
Forum Addict

getting the same here and have been for quiet some time

tis the reason i no longer play and i just sit on ppt
Apadamek (goo is life) wrote:Jix cannot be banned, all fear his marijuana and Alcohol induced fits of massing and raiding

*hides*
Tivadar
Forum Regular
Alliance: [TCOA]Equinox
Race: Altíri

thats what i wanted to say: when we got new mercs to buy, everybody goes to the same page and want to buy mercs....
Munchy
Forum Expert
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 60881

[SGC_ReplicÅtors] wrote:its becuase of the ppl on right now

when i playing around liek 22:00:00 game time it super fast no lag time no nothing becuase usually half the ppl go to sleep and there is about 400 ish players comapred to 800 during the monring

I noticed that aswell, between 22:00:00 game time, and about 2:00:00 game time, the server is awesome...no better time to raid :) Too bad that is around 2-4 in the morning where I live... :x

And I have also noticed that FF is horribly slow in comparison to IE most of the time...Too bad IE doesn't have tabs, or I would use that all of the time... :roll:

ID=60881

Return to “Bugs”