Ascending Info *FIXED*

~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Ascending Info *FIXED*

Sooo, the writing and info when ascending appears to be slightly incorrect.
I'd absolutely **Filtered** love it to be correct, but alas it is all lies...

Last edited by Support on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title to reflect status.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Re: Ascending Info

Is it though?
Guess it depends on how you see 'building up', since any ascension does in fact build up your APP reserve stat immediately.. which you can gradually redistribute among your other realm stats.

Now, if it said "you can use all of this at once to do whatever you want," then I would wholeheartedly agree with your comment. However, the current text suits the current situation, as it should.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

it says you can use it immediately.

You cant use it immediately, you have to wait for it to trickle through, so thats atleast 1 turn change. ergo its not immediate.

It's a misleading statement that might confuse the crap out of new players. Could use some revision.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Support
Site Admin

Since the ascension blurbs say "Ascended is very new" elsewhere, an overall revision is useful, and your line might end up changed as well.
Maybe after that revision, your confusion will be remedied.. :D

However.. [spoiler]the 'offending' text literally says ".. you can use it to immediately build up .."
It does not say you can use it immediately, just that the building up will be immediate. It does not say you can use ALL of it, either. Cf. "you can use your Naquadah to immediately build up your covert level." - doesn't say when you can use your Naquadah, nor does it comment on whether you have enough to actually do anything at all, just that 'building up' would be immediate.
The statement is correct. Naturally, it leaves some room for intentional misconstruction, as any statement would. #livinglanguage

:smt117[/spoiler]
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

If you look back over the threads(I swear I did see it) it used to be automatic, and that is how jason made it to start, it was changed later. Again jason was known for his changes and NOT changing text or help files.
Support
Site Admin

Updated text to reflect the gradual nature of APP release.

Self-reflective note.. damn, I can be **Filtered** sometimes.

Return to “Bugs Archive”