Session error on any action after login *FIXED*

ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano
ID: 0

Session error on any action after login *FIXED*

I can log in, but any button/link I click kicks me out with "Session Error" - "You are not logged in. Please try to log in again. Please note that cookies MUST be enabled to log in, for security reasons." I cleared/disabled cache, tried both Chrome and Edge (incognito Chrome window as well), tried multiple links and nav buttons, same behavior. And yes, cookies are enabled.
Last edited by Support on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title to reflect status.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
ramen07
Forum Expert

Re: Session error on any action after login

11 hours later, this is resolved. :-k I'm a bit peeved this came right at the end of PPT. Leaving this thread here for posterity.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

This was resolved half an hour after your report. (Thought I replied to this thread, really appreciated the detailed nature of your report.)

Session errors occurred from 23:30 through 00:30 gametime.
Investigation, tracing the cause in order to prevent it from starting up, ongoing.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Fixed/rewrote a bunch of things I thought were related to and perhaps the cause of this, but I cannot be sure until next daily reset.

It is possible the session error will once again occur around 0000 gametime.

If it happens, please be aware we are working on finding out what is going wrong, but need AL the information we can get. So yes, post. Say "arrggh", post your time of failure, error message and ID(? - maybe just PM that if you don't want that public).

With 85% confidence based on the past few days: It will not last longer than an hour.
InR
Forum Addict
Alliance: You can find me in TAF ;)
Race: Tok' Ra
ID: 5741
Alternate name(s): .::.:.::.::.

Hi started to happen to me as well - today

id=5741
Graphics: new theme
Browsers: chrome, firefox
Device: PC, mobile
Accounts affected: only main
TimeFrame: around 15 minutes before this post

When i login everything seems fine. but then i get kicked out(session error) whenever i click on any button(bank, armory etc).
lilith
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
ID: 83233

Support wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:24 am Session errors occurred from 23:30 through 00:30 gametime.
Investigation, tracing the cause in order to prevent it from starting up, ongoing.
Same as mentioned here.
00:10 gametime right now
ramen07
Forum Expert

Support wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:24 am This was resolved half an hour after your report. (Thought I replied to this thread, really appreciated the detailed nature of your report.)

Session errors occurred from 23:30 through 00:30 gametime.
I'm not on here frequently, but thanks for the speedy response! The "11 hours later" bit was just when I was able to get back on, not a complaint that it took that long. My apologies if it sounded brusque ;)
The Pup
Forum Newbie
ID: 1922723
Alternate name(s): The Grey Wolf
Kaeota
CyberCasper

00:40 on the 29/08 - still getting this error, on any action after login.

UPDATE: 01:03 - login worked and session stayed active as it should behave. After everything, this issue seems to actually be worse than when it started, lasting til 01:00 (repeated attempts between 00:40 and 01:00 all failed).
No error message beyond the usual. No error codes that have been put in to report in order to help you debug. I hope your error logging system is working; but if it is, this shouldn't still be happening.

No messages to me will be answered as I won't be here.
Turkey
Forum Regular

This is still happening every day between 0000 and 0100 game time.
[Elite Squadron]
Forum Newbie

Currently as of this time, the same thing is happening as well and has been happening for some time. Could we please try and get a resolution on this issue please?
zogeanking2
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Ascendency
Race: Minbari

Same again always around the day change.... an issue with 2017 style?
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

I'm currently experiencing this, tried a few different browsers all the same

Update
Working again now
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
[Elite Squadron]
Forum Newbie

zogeanking2 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 pm Same again always around the day change.... an issue with 2017 style?
You're may be right, as I decided to experimented and switched my style to classic before the day change and I have no issues with a session error.

EDIT: You're definitely right, I changed it back to style 2017 and the session error problem has returned. Anyone else having this problem should probably stick to classic until the admin can fix it.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

This is still happening every day around day change quite irritating
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
IFLuX
Forum Elite

chnage to back to old style and i doesn't happen
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter

Return to “Bugs Archive”