Guidelines for posting in "Quitting...." Threads.

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

Guidelines for posting in "Quitting...." Threads.

OK.

In order to prevent the Quitting section becoming another petty bickering arena, I am implementing guidelines for making posts in this section. This is not an area for 'Quitters' to flame the community and it's members, and it is not here to settle personal problems between staying and leaving members.

There are two simple guidelines for posting in "Quitting...." topics:

1. No Time-Bombs: If you are on your way out the door, please don't ruin it for everyone else. You may well be leaving, but until you have actually left you are still subject to the rules here. Any threads that attempt to stir action against the forum community, its management, or any member in general, will be removed as soon as I see them. If you would like to encourage action, take it elsewhere, or lodge an issue/complaint with the relevant person(s).

Also, any thread that begins with insults/flames/accusations against the forum community, its management, or any member in general, will be removed as soon as I see it. Please take up your personal issues in an appropriate section. If you are leaving due to a conflict with a particular member, or group of members, then you may say so. You are however NOT allowed to make judgments regarding any facet of their character (that includes calling them names). Any name calling will be edited out of posts. If the post is practically nothing more than name-calling/flaming, I will remove it.

Please, if you want to be remembered well, leave in a dignified manner.

2. Don't speak ill of the dead: People who are leaving our community have every right to exit in a dignified manner. If you don't like the 'Quitter', that is your opinion. Keep it toned down. You are not here to judge a member as they leave the community. Any replies that flame/insult the character if the 'Quitter', will be edited (or removed if need be). By all means, say that you "sometimes didn't see eye-to-eye", even say so if you don't like them, but blatant insults will be moderated. You may even say that you won't miss them, but telling the 'Quitter' to "Just **filtered** off" (or similar) will earn you a warning.

If you don't agree with actions taken by the 'Quitter', please take up your complaints with the applicable admin/ombudsman. Complaining about them at their own farewell will accomplish nothing except getting you a warning. We are not here to argue the validity of people's actions. There are other sections for that.

Please, remember that the people starting topic in here are leaving. If you don't like them, they are going to be gone soon anyway. You won't have to deal with them again. Flaming and insulting them at their farewell is akin to spitting on the body at a funeral. A farewell is not a debate, it is not a trial... it is a goodbye.

3. Do not necromance topics Once a quitting topic is made and discussed it does not need to be discussed again months later. Necromanced topics will be locked and frequent necromancers may be verbaly warned.
I will sticky this and leave it open for discussion for a little while.

~GG

Edited after some feedback. Changed some wording.
Last edited by Jim on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Number 3 added in
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

Re: Guidelines for posting in "Quitting...." Threads.

Understood:)

Last bumped by ~[ Greased Gerbil ]~ on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:18 pm.

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image

Return to “Quitting....”