You all knew it

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

You all knew it

Yes ladies and gentlemen, you all saw it coming.
As you're aware I haven't been around much lately, in fact trying to get around writing this was a battle. So lets begin!
For those of you that can remember (and I very much doubt it) I started playing this game about 7 months after it started, in fact I was in grade 6. What we call primary school here. Long story short, just like everyone else you play relentlessly and then you may take a break for a few days or week, and then play again for awhile. Most people then take a break a little longer. Perhaps a year. So I've been playing on and off for awhile, jumped into a few alliances, went through a few accounts, even met with a few guys in RL. First time I witnessed a dual planet (thanks Tekki), back when you couldn't buy them and people still thought it was a myth!

Anyway, grew up, went through high school and college playing on and off for about 6 years. Had one of the largest CER's in ascended which was cool. Then convinced Jason I could transform ascended into something better, and playable. 6 years later here we are now. Through years 11,12, 4 years of learning Civil Engineering and into the workforce, and will probably marry my girlfriend next year. So I quite literally grew up playing the game and making the game, nearly 11 years off it. It's quite funny looking back at my old posts and seeing how childish I was when I was..well... a child.

Ascended had a massive overhaul, still unfinished, a game within a game was created among an incredible array of other items to do and cosmetic changes. Ascended gained a new meaning and in some cases forced you to play. The code behind it all inflated by a phenomenal amount as well, which itself caused problems and required days just to optimise it. A lot of time was used to make something practically new, a lot of people liked it and a lot of people didn't, which was interesting.

Continuing on.... I know a lot of people.
I knew a lot of great people that have left, that have come back, that have left again, that have come back (like Semper). I've known a few sgw juggernauts that have left for temporary RL reasons expecting they'll be back in a month or so only to have vanished into thin air (Robe, got to wonder what happened to her!). I could list out heaps of people that were great to talk to, that made the community great, that were great to fight against, that were great to fight alongside, that were great to stir up. I could post stories for days on end of funny things, drama, secrets that were kept from many different players. But I simply don't have the time.

In all, you are a great bunch of people, and yeah I know everyone who has abused me for an update that didn't favor them or they thought there life was ruined when something was changed but couldn't see the overall economic situation of the game. I still think you're great bunch of people. And considering how old this game is, you're still a cohesive bunch. Probably one of the best and oldest gaming communities out there, especially for such a small game.

So yeah. I apologies for everyone who has sent me messages and waited for a long time over various media with no reply, I know if I sign into skype for the first time in forever I'll be overwhelmed with messages. If I log into my game account I'll probably be flooded with messages as well. These are things I, unfortunately, cannot fix anymore.

I hope to float in and out and let this not be the final goodbye. I hoped you all liked the game and I do wish you the best in your life.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Re: You all knew it

Good job sol - you did everyone proud. :-)
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
IFLuX
Forum Elite

Oo sol. For shame, great admin :shock: .
Thnx for helping me for uni coding few years ago the php site if you remember . :smt117

Hit me up if you ever need anything. Have fun and enjoy real life
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I don't really know you but recognise your contribution to the game over the years, many thanks.

All the best and don't be a stranger :smt117
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

It was a pleasure to know you back in the nemesis days
Take care sol and good luck with what’s to come :-D
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Games loss, thanks for bringing ascended to life. Good luck in where life leads you now, xx
Last edited by ~nyx~ on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Passing of a titan, you absolute legend. Thank you for everything you have done for the game over most of its lifetime. :D

It has been a long time coming, thank you for sticking around as long as you have. You have been an example from the start.
Wishing you all the best, please do continue to drop by. Good luck with the wedding plans and this next phase in life! :smt050
Flintcawk
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Terran Crusaders: TF
ID: 1933254
Alternate name(s): Flintlock

:smt100
Tap for explosive fun!
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

You were always down for a good chat, I wish you the best of luck mate!
You did this game a great service :)
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Have a great one SoL, and see you around!
Bias Admin colour
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

SoL - I agree it's quite insane how much time the majority of us have spent here, most of us have literally grown up playing this game and being part of the community. A lot of good friends made and enemies as well.

Thank you for all of the work and effort you've put in over the years in improving the game and ultimately helping to keep us all here for as long as we have been.

I wish you the very best in the rest of your life, may you keep improving that too.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Take care, Sol. It was a pleasure. Should you return, those of us that dwell in the shadows of history shall inevitably still be here lurking just beyond usual sight.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Quitting....”