V for Vendetta - the graphic novel

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

V for Vendetta - the graphic novel

basically a very long comic, but still a magnificent read.

Certainly gives a different angle on the V character and the background story, more deeper meanings and beyond..just makes me fall in love with the V universe more...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: V for Vendetta - the graphic novel

Anything by Alan Moore is generally well worth reading. I'm not a massive comic book fan, and I never have been, but Moore is an enigmatic storyteller of the first degree. Right up there with Shakespeare and the other greats. I must confess that I didn't read the V for Vendetta comic until after I'd seen the film, but it was still fantastic and I honestly wish I'd taken the time to read it before I saw the movie.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

Re: V for Vendetta - the graphic novel

Semper wrote:basically a very long comic, but still a magnificent read.

Certainly gives a different angle on the V character and the background story, more deeper meanings and beyond..just makes me fall in love with the V universe more...

I'm glad you suggested this, I was going to buy it a few months back but wasn't sure. I would like to get more into comics, and I very much enjoy the character of V. :)

Bad Wolf

Return to “The Book Club”