Frank Herbert

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

Frank Herbert

:? really guys come on..... i loved Dune

really its just a mirror of the real world....... unless other people have read dune or "children of dune" i will stop talking.......
sniperbull
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Re: Frank Herbert

Dune is definately a masterpiece. It was so eloquenly written, and wasnt a long read either. Its a shame that some of todays authors dont have Herberts Tecnique.

Jack: I'd hate for someone to claim that I am equal to Mathlord, doesn't get much more insulting that.
Noobert: You are equal to Mathlord! *Runs as fast as possible from Jack*
Jack: No matter how fast you run you cant run faster then the ban hammer. *bans Noobert*
Phlamingoe
Forum Addict
Alliance: Phoenicopterus
Race: Ruber
ID: 65498761

Dune was good. Dune Messiah was good. Hope Children of Dune is good too :)
Below Me.
Spoiler
MSN wrote:[EPA] BMMJ13 [BoT] Mr. Orange says (11:35 PM)
only one of us can wear black eyeliner
and im not stopping
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

I enjoyed every bit of dune...and Dune Messiah...didn't manage to get all the way through Children of dune though, which is a pity...

Still, the first book seems to be the best of them from what I've seen...
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
Gayle
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ~Horus Warlords~
Race: System Lord
ID: 1943613

I love his books. I have read almost all of the Dune books, some of them start a bit slow, but they are just building the story line. I just bought Paul of Dune which is written by his son. (I have not read it yet.)
Also check out The White Plauge by Frank Herbert. I could not put it down.
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

The entire Dune series was very well written, in my opinion. It gets a bit obscure once you reach God, Emperor of Dune, but I enjoyed how the world progressed. I do not count anything written by Brian Herbert as a part of the Dune series; his books do not have the same tone as those of his father, and I find them to be extremely lacking.

Let it be known that what started Brian on this long run of using his father's original idea to milk the proverbial cow was the fact that Frank Herbert left many notes and lots of information about his universe to his son.

While Dune may be his most accomplished work, I would also suggest people read Destination: Void, The Dosadi Experiment, and The Godmakers. Each one is very good and every bit as detailed as Dune.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “The Book Club”