discworld

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: discworld

sgt.johnkeel wrote:nobody does

and its a source of great concern for those on the disc

some of them at least... as far as we've understood so far, the rest dont really care...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
the grim reefer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Sand Village
Race: HVE
ID: 66079

erm maybe a tad late but female right as they lay the eggs(light fantastic when they hatched and started orbiting a tuin). :-k
Blood washes off, Bruises go away, Bones heal, Scars show character, Pain is Temporary, VICTORY lasts forever!
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

no, in the light fantastic, A'Tuin merely attends the birth of other world turtles, they are not stated to be its young (as far as i can recall)

in the Last Hero they attempt to find out its sex and fail lol
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

I have read about 5 or 6 of them. Being an Aussie, I would have to say The Last Continent would be my fave. I just love the idea that on XXXX, any Prime Minister is put in prison the moment he is elected; and I love the passage where Rincewind accidentally invents Vegemite. Classic.

I've always thought that if there were a Discworld motion picture made nowadays, that Death would have to be played by Rowan Atkinson. Not in a Mr Bean style, but more like his stand-up act. I just think it fits beautifully.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079959/

like that one?

oh, and the voice is Christopher Lee... noone specified for actor, so might quite possibly be CGI...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Londo Mollari
Lawnmower

no, Death was not CG

also

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765458/

which was much better than The Colour of Magic
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we watched that movie yesterday... excellent movie... we'll read the book at a later time...

Londo Mollari
Lawnmower

Anthill Inside - classic
Speaking as a Mod
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human
ID: 0

Necroing! :D

Speaking of movies - Just watched the newest one - Going Postal.

It is excellent!

...and was filmed in Hungary, btw :P

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed

Return to “The Book Club”