Anno Dracula

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Anno Dracula

Imagine a world where Van Helsing and his friends hadn't managed to defeat Count Dracula when they did.

Left unchecked, Count Dracula married Queen Victoria; recently widowed after the death of her beloved Albert. He brought vampirism out into the open, and gradually began to shape the British Empire in his monstrous image.

Sounds ridiculous?

It should be, but it isn't. Actually, this is a magnificent work. It incorporates a magnificent host of characters, both real and fictional, and creates a marvellously compelling and well-written image of Victorian Britain. Lord Ruthven is Prime Minister, having succeeded Disraeli. Oscar Wilde is a newly turned, promiscuous vampire. Sherlock Holmes. Moriarty. Fu Manchu. Charles Bereagaud. They're all there.

In a world where Vampire fiction is so greatly dominated by the odious Twilight, it's a crying shame that this fantastic, and highly original work, is so vastly overlooked. Read it. Read it now.
Last edited by Mordack on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Anno Dracula

I am SO going to read this. :-D Thanks Greg!
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Awesome, please tell me what you think.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

sounds interesting...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Mordack wrote:Imagine a world where Van Helsing and his friends hadn't managed to defeat Count Dracula when they did.

Left unchecked, Count Dracula married Queen Victoria; recently widowed after the death of her beloved Albert. He brought vampirism out into the open, and gradually began to shape the British Empire in his monstrous image.

Sounds ridiculous?

It should be, but it isn't. Actually, this is a magnificent work. It incorporates a magnificent host of characters, both real and fictional, and creates a marvellously compelling and well-written image of Victorian Britain. Lord Ruthven is Prime Minister, having succeeded Disraeli. Oscar Wilde is a newly turned, promiscuous vampire. Sherlock Holmes. Moriarty. Fu Manchu. Charles Bereagaud. They're all there.

In a world where Vampire fiction is so greatly dominated by the odious Twilight, it's a crying shame that this fantastic, and highly original work, is so vastly overlooked. Read it. Read it now.

I'm not a fan of vampire literature but I'll give it a try and read this. Thanks for sharing.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Through what we could find on wikipedia about it, (through quick reading) we have decided that we'll try those books sometime... Hopefully the national library network has them somewhere...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Looks like we've only been able to get hold of book 1 & 2. Book 3 looks like it is very hard to get hold of.

we can most certainly verify your recommendation of the first book, Mordack. It is an excellent read.

Return to “The Book Club”