Fantasy Recommendations

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

TigerGirl wrote:-Anything by Anne McCaffrey (The Dragonriders of Pern series (here's the wiki entry) is probably my favourite, but literally anything she's written or even co-written is stunning.)

yes, she has made some good ones.

another series i've liked, is the Darksword series.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...

well ne thing that is by raymond e feist particulaly the elder gods and that series but the makadia series takes the kake

the black tatoo cant remeber who its by prety wak in places but good

david eddings is a briliant author

the halo books are good

and best of all the bible!~!~!~!~!~!~~!~!~!~!~! (lol) jokes never read it but its the bigest sellin book of all time so it must b good

and aother series is the eyes of god

devils armour

sword of angles

all part of the trilogy nuthin to do with religious
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I don't know if they've already been mentioned here, but I'm currently working my way through George R.R Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" books. Which are, thus far, quite brilliant.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

"Mossflower"-written by Brian Jacques

I spent about 10 years trying to find the book, after I had first read it. Great book, and I want to read his other works.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

Spacey wrote:"Mossflower"-written by Brian Jacques

I spent about 10 years trying to find the book, after I had first read it. Great book, and I want to read his other works.

i'm a massive fan, read all of his older works, only stopped reading after Triss came out. Very good childrens books.
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
The Xeno
n00b prophet

My God but i loved Mossflower when i was a kid... Never could accept Matimeo, or Outcast; but Mossflower, Martin The Warrior, Redwall, (and on second thought 'Pearls of Lutra') blew my little mind away.

Still have just about the entire Redwall collection, and used to be able to order them by chronological event. :P
I know i've gone through at least three copies of Mossflower, and two of Martin The Warrior <_<

*goes off to make a thread about the series*
hellvsheaven
Forum Newbie

Anakha wrote:Well alot of the series that i have read have already been mentioned here but a few of those deserve another mention since they are just such good reading.

Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman ( too many books to name going back to about 1988 till present)
L. E. Modesitt jr. Magic of Recluse series and Spell Song Wars
R. A. Salvatore most notably The Dark Elf Trilogy but all the books are good even the few star wars books this author writes
Raymond E. Feist GREAT BOOKS all 18 of them

i personally love R.A. Salvatore, his books are amazing i just cant get enough of thim.....another trilogy i love is the Bartameous trilogy which by the way i didnt really like the ending in the third book. *just continues to mumble to himself about the book* *turns on his classmates and starts to decline everything being blamed on him*
IT IS HERE....THE DAMN WAR BETWEEN HELL & HEAVEN HAS COME TO EARTH!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO?!?
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

Yeh the Bartimaeus trilogy was very good and original. I got fed up with Kitty though.
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
pogopolis
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Åsgard Order Êlite
Race: Ancient
ID: 35456

gold demon weaver wrote:pog

your read the great and secret show :-D
good book (preceads everville)

FOR SURE.

I've read them both twice.

Learn to play guitar for real, chump.
timicky[rla]
Forum Grunt

Not going to list titles/series as I got to many (163 at the last count but that was in November ^-^) so will just list authors.

Raymond E Feist
George R R Martin
David Gemmel
Robert Jordan
David Eddings
Robin Hobb
Rovert Silverberg
Terry Goodkind
Terry Brooks
Julian May
Stan Nicholls
Steven Erikson

If I had to choose a favorite series it would be split three ways between Sword of Truth, The Serpentwar Saga and A Song Of ice And Fire. Tho the Farseer Trilogy And Mazalan Book of the Fallen series are not far behind them.
superkingtsob
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Eternal Empire
ID: 1996801

Terry Brooks as soem ogood boosk severla trilogys along the line sof LotR theme
timicky[rla]
Forum Grunt

I liked his stuff upto the Voyage of the Jerle Shannara Trilogy. Wasn't so keen on High Druid Trilogy.
superkingtsob
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Eternal Empire
ID: 1996801

i havnt started the high druid triology, no money for bboosk so what ever my moms boyfriend reads i get after hes doen with them so its mainly sci fi and soem modern day fiction
timicky[rla]
Forum Grunt

Books are expensive, I was lucky when living in England, there were a few bargain bookshops where I was able to pick up books for £1-£2. Also got a lot of ebay for good prices, esp some of the job lots.

Return to “The Book Club”