What is your faction?

Which faction do you follow?

first faction (stupid pointless annoying messages)
11%
second faction (on topic and properly nuked)
27%
third faction (the witty spam)
27%
fourth faction (the mixture)
34%

Total votes: 44
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

Re: What is your faction?

besides, i wouldn't let the other factions have nice lawns!
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

Do I really have to say it? :?

And for the record Jack...the whole neo bit was phail...yes...with a "ph"...

Most people still look to the "factions", the neos are all but forgotten...

Not that they were ever truly unique...every one of the Neos fit/s the description of one of the four factions...

It was all founded on the false idea that factions "controlled" something anyway...they always were just a way to define what we did...like giving a latin name to a newly discovered species...

But it's all water under the bridge now...

Personally, there are times when I wish Ishy and I had never had that discussion...it seems to me that "factionality" was one of the key factors leading to the fall of spam as a whole. We were divided, and thusly conquered.
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

what?

crap.......
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Eternal Usul wrote:And for the record Jack...the whole neo bit was phail...yes...with a "ph"...

Phailed? lol The Neos did not "phail," we succeeded. Our goal was never to stick around for all eternity, but merely to bring peace and unity to the Temple, to make the Temple a safe place for the new spammers as much as the old. We did that, and in the process forced you to retreat to this little pathetic existence of "definitions." :lol:

Though obviously you want to talk about "phail" so let's talk about "phail." The phail that was your precious factions being destroyed and ran out by a ragtag group of misfit n00bs. Now THAT'S phail for ya. :lol:

Eternal Usul wrote:Most people still look to the "factions", the neos are all but forgotten...

The factions are still brought up and shoved into the faces of the new by the old factioners. That's hardly "still looked to." The Neos on the other hand, are not only still around but also stronger than ever before. ;) Just because you do not see the Neo name everywhere you look does not mean we do not exist or are forgotten. Just means that we are not so insecure as to feel the need to parade our existence, or force other spammers to join us, unlike the factions.

Eternal Usul wrote:Not that they were ever truly unique...every one of the Neos fit/s the description of one of the four factions...

:lol: We were not the ones that came up with the name Neo, it was the name bestowed upon us by you, the factions. We merely took it and made it our own. Furthermore this nonsense about the factions being definitions is a pathetic and unintelligent attempt to try and regain some footing. For the fact is, and you even admit this, to be a member of a faction you had to receive permission from the leader of that faction, to get that permission you had to meet the requirements of that faction. That's all it ever was, requirements for admittance. Saying that it was a definition, would be like saying all men, especially old men, are Elk Lodge members. :lol: Oh and the Neos technically are unique. To become a member of one of the factions you had to have some mastery over that faction's preferred method of spam. That right there excludes all new spammers. Neo means new and was the label given to new and unincorporated spammers.

Eternal Usul wrote:It was all founded on the false idea that factions "controlled" something anyway...they always were just a way to define what we did...like giving a latin name to a newly discovered species...

Nice attempt at revisionist history, but it fails miserably. If we did not feel oppressed then we would have never needed to form the Neos now would we? And if the factions were truly just a way to define what you did, then why did you call them factions? Why did people need permission from the faction leader to join a faction? Why did you even have faction leaders? Why then did you force people to worship various false deities? Why do you still feel the need to force the factions on to people?

Eternal Usul wrote:But it's all water under the bridge now...

And it's best to leave it there. ;)

Oh and one last thing, the story of the Neo Empire being founded:

You see, it all started when factioners started picking on Ash just cause he was the resident new guy at the time, I stepped in to defend him then the factioners lashed out at me. So we got into a fight, eventually they labeled us Neos, spammers unworthy of spamming in the Temple and joining a faction, so we took the name and ran with it. Gathered support then declared all out war on the factions.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

:o
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

It's ok Jack...I know you weren't here when the "factions" first formed...so you don't know how it actually went down...

Back when this and that were seperate forums, there was the Temple of Buck. It was a forum with limited permissions, and the only way to join was to be apprentice to a "master spammer" who would, after training you, support your petition so you could join...

As time went on Ishy came up with a way to define forum users into "fractions", with the Third Fraction being "spammers" and the second being "Mods".

Around this time, I was becoming a well known spammer in "This". I never had a "master" and didn't really fit into the common concept of a spammer...

Nonetheless, I managed to get into the Temple of Buck, initially with the intent of bringing spam down. (I had been told it was bad, and I wanted to destroy something)

I came to like spam, and so changed sides and joined the spammers. While doing this, I was also trying to figure where I fit into Ishy's "fractions". So, I started a personal study of the various spammers and how they behaved. I found that every spammer exhibited a certain style to their posts that could be categorized, in addition to fitting into one of Ishy's fractions. I produced a thread regarding this and after reviewing my own spam at the time, I posited four specific categories to define different spammers' posting styles.

The spammers took the idea, and ran with it. I dubbed the forming groups "factions", something Ish has taken issue with since it happened. The requirement of having a master to teach the spam was NEVER a creation of the "factions" it has been a tradition of the spammers as a whole since day one...to enter the First Temple of Buck. The process was only kept because the temple was removed and for a time we had no private spam forum. So it functioned as a way to distinguish ourselves from the rest of the forum population.

The "Factions" never required that you exalt anyone but Buck. And him only because that was the tradition of spam as a whole. The bits about spam gods and the like came later, when many of the original spammers had gone and only a few were left who remembered how it started. That was only to mark the difference in experience...and has roots in the old Master-Apprentice methods of the first Temple, again, before the formation of Factions.

Everything you railed against, was ultimately a creation of the first Temple of Buck, long before factions existed. The factions were never more than definitions of style. Any power the factions held, was because certain individuals wanted to wipe out other styles of spam.

Something, I would like to point out, that I have always stood against...in case you'd forgotten I was there when the "neos" appeared, and I didn't stand against you...

As the person who created these definitions, I will stand by them and their history...do not misrepresent me, or them...direct your hostility at those who are deserving...turning on allies does not become you Jack.

You cannot hold an axe responsible for deforestation, it is the same concept here...the definitions are just that, definitions...it is the people who misused them that are the problem.
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
Ash
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Ah its nice to see a flash back
and surprising to see the factions tryin to slink back into prominence
but Jack s remembrance is right about how we the Neos came about.

always thoght it was kinda strange that when i first started spamming here i was critized for for my spam, and yet if i wanted to post an emoticon then i'd post an emoticon, if i felt like writing a story i'd write a story, but it all came down to my choice as to what id want to post rather then havin ppl tryin to tell me that im wrong?

Sorry but the choice on how to spam and when to spam, and where to spam (within reason lol) is entirely up to the spammer not to some dusty old faction
Spoiler
Ash = One of Jack's Bastards
MajorLeeHurts wrote: dont threatn me with a good time :)
~Invisible fox~
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Invisible Nightmare
Race: T

god...
guys your msg so long i dont belive some one actully read those...:\
Imagethank you CH!
~CLOUD~ wrote:now now ladies :)
we do have a mind and a heart we just chose not to use them :smt047
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG- TAG
- PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
~Invisible fox~
Forum Zombie

SuperSaiyan wrote:I'd say myself being closest to the fourth, just kinda depends on the topic, and how much time I have to post :lol:

hahahahaha soo true..what can i say,your right bud..it depend. but still its way too long :shock: :lol:
Imagethank you CH!
- AGL - IAG- TAG
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Eternal Usul wrote:As the person who created these definitions, I will stand by them and their history...do not misrepresent me, or them...direct your hostility at those who are deserving...turning on allies does not become you Jack.

I am not the one that started this little bout, you did when you insulted the Neos. Though I will admit that, as far as I can recall, you did not stand against us.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

Ash wrote:Ah its nice to see a flash back
and surprising to see the factions tryin to slink back into prominence
but Jack s remembrance is right about how we the Neos came about.

always thoght it was kinda strange that when i first started spamming here i was critized for for my spam, and yet if i wanted to post an emoticon then i'd post an emoticon, if i felt like writing a story i'd write a story, but it all came down to my choice as to what id want to post rather then havin ppl tryin to tell me that im wrong?

Sorry but the choice on how to spam and when to spam, and where to spam (within reason lol) is entirely up to the spammer not to some dusty old faction

indeed i had the same thing to deal with but for me it was different becuase i knew zekk from my alliance and alliance forums, and ever since he started telling me about the factions i ignored him........
Spacey
Forum Zombie

~Invisible fox~ wrote:god...

I read it.

~Invisible fox~ wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'd say myself being closest to the fourth, just kinda depends on the topic, and how much time I have to post :lol:

...but still its way too long :shock: :lol:

I don't think so. It's history: it should be longer than a text message.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

Spacey wrote:

I read it.

~Invisible fox~ wrote:

i do not agree..... that part of history should be religated to a simple "lol phail"
~Invisible fox~
Forum Zombie

Spacey wrote:

I read it.

~Invisible fox~ wrote:

with all the respect..so what if you read? its still way to long for my opnion
Imagethank you CH!
- AGL - IAG- TAG

Return to “Old Temple Grounds”