Lords of Winterfell must watch.

A place to discuss the music we listen to, mass to, or are looking for a greater appreciation of.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Lords of Winterfell must watch.

Thought this was the perfect song for all the GoT fans that side with the Starks.[youtube]m1F6qyaDpqM[/youtube]
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Lords of Winterfell must watch.

Good song, good band. See what you are getting at with the GoT thing but not totally convinced :D
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Jim wrote:Good song, good band. See what you are getting at with the GoT thing but not totally convinced :D

Sounds like a challenge to someone to put scenes together of them along with the song. I am not that good with computers, I just last week learned how to embed a vid on here lol.
But just picture the mood, words, and place the music comes from and it seems perfect. We don't always need Ambient dark instrumental theme songs.....although they still hold their own just fine.

And yes they are an awesome band. :smt060
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

@ Jim -

In the spring we made a boat
Out of feathers, out of bones.
We set fire to our homes,
Walking barefoot in the snow.

Distant rhythm of the drum
As we drifted towards the storm.
Baby lion lost his teeth,
Now they're swimming in the sea.

Troubled spirits on my chest
Where they laid to rest.
The birds all left my tall friend
As your body hit the sand.
Million stars up in the sky
Formed a tigers eye
That looked down on my face,
Out of time and out of place.

So hold on,
Hold on to what we are,
Hold on to your heart.

Awaken by the sound
Of a screaming owl.
Chasing leafs in the wind,
Going where we've never been.

Said goodbye to you my friend,
As the fire spread.
All that's left are your bones
That will soon sink like stones

So hold on,
Hold on to what we are,
Hold on to your heart.

So hold on,
Hold on to your heart.

IMO it is a viking funeral song, and as the Stark's are as viking as you get on that show. They wrote this themselves, so no for sure way to tell unless they interview and one of the twits actually asks a question besides, so what's it like coming to the states? What made you want to be a musician...blah blah blah yawn yawn. :smt025
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

I see where you are coming from but I think the song is more about youth, stepping out into the wider world and getting lost.

Also, moved.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Jim wrote:I see where you are coming from but I think the song is more about youth, stepping out into the wider world and getting lost.

Also, moved.

I try to find right topics, sorry bout that. :P
Good interpretation as well, like loosing the innocence of playing with your wolf, and having to have your village raided? Being the Stark in charge from laying in a bed as a sick child. Could fit too...

Return to “Music”