Favourite Genres thread.

A place to discuss the music we listen to, mass to, or are looking for a greater appreciation of.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Favourite Genres thread.

Pretty much all rock genres but especially classic old rock. I also absolutely adore psychedelic rock (Pink Floyd <3) and old rock n' roll. But yeah basically every rock genre although I dislike what it evolved into (punk & almost all metal scenes /though Led Zeppelin are also one of my favourite bands/)

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
~Kronos~
Forum Elite
Alliance: None for now
Race: God of Time
ID: 70003

Rock and Techno are my favorites

Add Me On Google Plus \:D/
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Figured I should post here as well with a long winded post :-D It's that or continue studying.

Old rock - Eg The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc - Bands I really enjoy listening to the lyrics are more than the same few words constantly repeated - Occasionally you get a gem like Lynard Skynard and The Eagles who seemed to make driving music.

Classical music - Great for ambience when you're working on getting a task done or studying, has so much energy behind it it keeps you going while at the same time you don't really listen to it when doing a task but it keeps you focused. I also listen to classical when I go for a run, just keeps you going, let's you think about other things going on.

Dubstep - Oddly I enjoy it for a similar reason to classical, good for studying. Occasionally I snap out of my daze and think, "What the **** is this scratched techno rubbish", then it fades and I get back in the zone. Also good for clubbing and nights out.

House - Great party music/Weekend music, doesn't need you to listen to it just to follow the beat in the background. Many many good nights at clubs that play house music.

Country - Pretty much written for road trips and chilled weekends in the middle of nowhere. Stories to listen to when you just are in a zone to be chilled.

Heavy rock/Metal - Just for those times when I want to listen to something heavier there is music I have for it, but it usually doesn't last that long anymore.

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Solus
WAR POPE
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

I thought I posted here already, but eh, I guess not.

most of what I listen to now is in a metal subgenre. more particularly:

progressive/melodic metal, deathmetal, groove metal or djent. moreso on the djent (i dont know too much about genres, just that the majority of what I listen to is djent....). I'm not so much into the older more stereotypical bands like Iron Maiden, and all those who sing about dragons and knights and wizards and whatnot. but I always have a soft spot for bands like Dream Theater or Opeth.

~soul
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image

Return to “Music”