AUTO BAN AND PPT'S

Everything else.
dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

Re: AUTO BAN AND PPT'S

Clarkey wrote:
But lets face it, this PPT after autoban was never an issue until this one occasion, and suddenly because of this one occasion the game admins are accused of being unfair and inconsistent. [-(

Remember the Caprila incident?
:(

Spoiler
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Clarkey wrote:
But lets face it, this PPT after autoban was never an issue until this one occasion, and suddenly because of this one occasion the game admins are accused of being unfair and inconsistent. [-(

As I said it happened to Brother over a year ago, and everyone seems to know at least one person who has lost out because of not having a PPT after an autoban reversal.

This has been a problem for a long time, and many have lost recources or planets because of it. It usually doesnt get much attention because it's only the person effected and his/her friends complaining. Hopefully this time if friends and enemies complain together it will get the proper attention.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

MEZZANINE wrote:Does the PPT / No PPT after autoban relate to if you have any PPT/Market turns left ?

Would a better solution be rather than PPT after auto-ban, leave the account frozen in limbo ( rank 0 ) until it is logged into ( Logging in to re-activate account ) ?

I see as well as the problem with these duals being lost from an 'unwanted' autoban, there is also the issue of people being accused of getting a deliberate autoban to protect stats when they cant PPT or vacation. Not sure how you fix that one.

This use / abuse of the autoban script seriously need looking into. Is there no way to prevent negative naq altogether, add an extra line of script that simply rounds up all negative values to zero and sends a 'red flag' to admin to look at later ?

As for compensation, Brother in FS had this problem over a year ago, he lost a dual that he actually paid for ( $50 ) and almost quit the game over it, he was never compensated and Im sure many others have taken similar losses without compensation so much as I dont like to see anyone friend or enemy lose out this way, it would not be fair to compensate someone now when so many have not been in the past.

As long as the current mechanics exist this can be exploited as a game tactic..personally I dont care who does it or for what reason.

All I am after is consistency on whatever happens.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

If you want consistency then the only absolutely and totally fair way to handle it is no compensation at all. Jason should create a caveat that you play at your own risk.

Because even if there is consistency in compensation someone will find something else wrong instead.
Image ImageImageImage
EAT THE WATERMELON
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): jesus

Jedi~Tank wrote:If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)

well said
quotes
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:
PS: Eat the watermelon- all I can say is ](*,)
MEZZANINE wrote:Saw a comedian the other day, he said there are now condoms with anesthetic on the inside to numb a man and make him last longer, but he found a better use, put them on inside out and you never have to wake your misses up when you get home drunk and fancy a bit :smt043

Oh wait.. I mis-read the topic, thought you said entering in the night lol
Jedi~Tank wrote:If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)
old siggies
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I never understood why its so hard to set it up with an auto PPT, or better yet set it up so the accounts stays banned/ppted/untouchable until the first time the player logs in. Other games pull it off, I can't see why this one can't.
Last edited by Lore on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

Lore wrote:I never understood why its so hard to set it up with an auto PPT, or better yet set it up so the accounts states banned/ppted/untouchable until the first time the player logs in. Other games pull it off, I can't see why this one can't.

+1
Spoiler
kaboom
Forum Expert
Alliance: AllMyNaq

MEZZANINE wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

As I said it happened to Brother over a year ago, and everyone seems to know at least one person who has lost out because of not having a PPT after an autoban reversal.

This has been a problem for a long time, and many have lost recources or planets because of it. It usually doesnt get much attention because it's only the person effected and his/her friends complaining. Hopefully this time if friends and enemies complain together it will get the proper attention.

ohoh
AWARDS

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "

Res, Non verba

Rudy Pena wrote:All OE members keep it respectful or do not post at all. Keep the thread heathly.
Huxley
Forum Elder

Lore wrote:I never understood why its so hard to set it up with an auto PPT, or better yet set it up so the accounts stays banned/ppted/untouchable until the first time the player logs in. Other games pull it off, I can't see why this one can't.

I agree, when you become unbanned you should be put into the untouchables and automatically become a beast... true story..
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Huxley wrote:
Lore wrote:I never understood why its so hard to set it up with an auto PPT, or better yet set it up so the accounts stays banned/ppted/untouchable until the first time the player logs in. Other games pull it off, I can't see why this one can't.

I agree, when you become unbanned you should be put into the untouchables and automatically become a beast... true story..

You missed the
until the first time the player logs in
part. 8)
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Well, now I know not not to invest any kind of money into the game because the game has built in scripts that will steal it more or less.

The 0-rank frozen in time is the best idea, because it stops losses you can't do anything about. And if people complain about losing resources, then they obviously don't log in enough. This is how most games operate and I have absolutely no idea why this one is any different.

Return to “Other”