AUTO BAN AND PPT'S

Everything else.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

AUTO BAN AND PPT'S

Admin crew, lets get some consitency about these autoban resets and ppt's afterwards. Please..

On 1 hand you have players staying banned for over a week and sometimes 2 and another player gets unban an hour after. Also either everyone gets a ppt upon reset or NOBODY does. Do I need to mention names here? I dont think so. Just make this **Filtered** fair across the board for **Filtered** sake.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Re: AUTO BAN AND PPT'S

ya admin crew come on, its lost people weeks and if not months of stuff which they have to wait weeks to get unbanned. Perhaps spend a little more time checking forums and emails people send you.

~Wolve
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:Also either everyone gets a ppt upon reset or NOBODY does. Do I need to mention names here? I dont think so. Just make this **Filtered** fair across the board for **Filtered** sake.
No you don't need to mention names because we know who you are talking about.

You may not have noticed but there have been issues recently with PPT, this may have had an effect on PPT after autoban. I have never known anyone to be unbanned without a PPT, this could have easily been a game error. If it was an admin that forgot, then they are only human.

I understand that the length of time waiting to be unbanned can be frustrating, and often if it happens after Friday meet then you may have a lengthy wait as opposed to someone who gets banned on Thursday or Friday for example. Your request for consistency in handling auto bans is fair, but there is no need for foul language, even if it is filtered.
Image ImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

My reason for posting is simple..one of my guys was autoban as per the usual negative naq deal..for over a week and a message was sent immediatly..when he was inbanned at the odd hour he had units exposed which were subsequently killed off, allot..today an opponent gets autoban for the same..they get unban within an hour and a PPT..this is No evading filter. My guy deserves his losses back and immediately.
Last edited by Clarkey on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Evading filter

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:My reason for posting is simple..one of my guys was autoban as per the usual negative naq deal..for over a week and a message was sent immediatly..when he was inbanned at the odd hour he had units exposed which were subsequently killed off, allot..today an opponent gets autoban for the same..they get unban within an hour and a PPT..this is No evading filter. My guy deserves his losses back and immediately.
Your request for consistency in unbanning times, although fair is unrealistic. Do you sit at your emails 24/7?

adminSue is but one person and cannot be expected to deal with autobans immediately on every single occasion. Some people may be lucky and get autobanned just as she is checking her emails. And as for the PPT, it may have been a simple mistake, yes a bad one, but a mistake nonetheless.

If I am correct in thinking you are speaking about R0B3RT who recently got unbanned without a PPT, he was banned on Thursday, which was 2 days ago?
Image ImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)

Deni
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)
I will forward this ban/PPT issue on to adminSue myself, regardless of the fact that you show no respect towards myself or adminSue whatsoever.

And next time you have such a complaint/demand please don't over-exaggerate. Everyone knows Rob3rt was banned for 2-3 days, not over a week. :roll:
Image ImageImageImage
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

i lost 4 duall
The forth 126,504,400,000 Additional Attack 4,791,435,960,000 defence
180,243,840,000 Additional Defence
The one 125,732,480,000 Income per Day 4,385,900,880,000 defence
125,598,800,000 Additional Attack

The second + 101,871,200,000 Attack 3,010,318,200,000 defence
+ 120,328,000,000 Defence

love love 120,207,550,000 Additional Attack 0 defence
130,261,920,000 Additional Defence
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:i lost 4 duall
The forth 126,504,400,000 Additional Attack 4,791,435,960,000 defence
180,243,840,000 Additional Defence
The one 125,732,480,000 Income per Day 4,385,900,880,000 defence
125,598,800,000 Additional Attack

The second + 101,871,200,000 Attack 3,010,318,200,000 defence
+ 120,328,000,000 Defence

love love 120,207,550,000 Additional Attack 0 defence
130,261,920,000 Additional Defence
I will include that in my email to adminSue so that she knows exactly what you lost.
Image ImageImageImage
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

thx
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:thx
You are very welcome.
Image ImageImageImage
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Does the PPT / No PPT after autoban relate to if you have any PPT/Market turns left ?

Would a better solution be rather than PPT after auto-ban, leave the account frozen in limbo ( rank 0 ) until it is logged into ( Logging in to re-activate account ) ?

I see as well as the problem with these duals being lost from an 'unwanted' autoban, there is also the issue of people being accused of getting a deliberate autoban to protect stats when they cant PPT or vacation. Not sure how you fix that one.

This use / abuse of the autoban script seriously need looking into. Is there no way to prevent negative naq altogether, add an extra line of script that simply rounds up all negative values to zero and sends a 'red flag' to admin to look at later ?

As for compensation, Brother in FS had this problem over a year ago, he lost a dual that he actually paid for ( $50 ) and almost quit the game over it, he was never compensated and Im sure many others have taken similar losses without compensation so much as I dont like to see anyone friend or enemy lose out this way, it would not be fair to compensate someone now when so many have not been in the past.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

i like mezz's suggestion.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

MEZZANINE wrote:Does the PPT / No PPT after autoban relate to if you have any PPT/Market turns left ?

Would a better solution be rather than PPT after auto-ban, leave the account frozen in limbo ( rank 0 ) until it is logged into ( Logging in to re-activate account ) ?

I see as well as the problem with these duals being lost from an 'unwanted' autoban, there is also the issue of people being accused of getting a deliberate autoban to protect stats when they cant PPT or vacation. Not sure how you fix that one.

This use / abuse of the autoban script seriously need looking into. Is there no way to prevent negative naq altogether, add an extra line of script that simply rounds up all negative values to zero and sends a 'red flag' to admin to look at later ?

As for compensation, Brother in FS had this problem over a year ago, he lost a dual that he actually paid for ( $50 ) and almost quit the game over it, he was never compensated and Im sure many others have taken similar losses without compensation so much as I dont like to see anyone friend or enemy lose out this way, it would not be fair to compensate someone now when so many have not been in the past.

I like the limbo idea, an improvement on that would be to give a 2-3 hour PPT after the first login, this gives enough time to merlin whatever needs to be merlined, fix anything that needs fixing etc. Also, any and all war settings or peace settings or anything of the sort should be extended for the time period the ban was for, this gets rid of any reason to "force autobans" if it's being done.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:Does the PPT / No PPT after autoban relate to if you have any PPT/Market turns left ?
No it does not. Everyone gets PPT after autoban is lifted, but the human race do make mistakes from time to time.

MEZZANINE wrote:Would a better solution be rather than PPT after auto-ban, leave the account frozen in limbo ( rank 0 ) until it is logged into ( Logging in to re-activate account ) ?
It is a good idea and has merit, but then I can also see people complaining that they lose even more resources because the account is put in vac-like state. One of those, 'you can't please everyone situations'.

MEZZANINE wrote:I see as well as the problem with these duals being lost from an 'unwanted' autoban, there is also the issue of people being accused of getting a deliberate autoban to protect stats when they cant PPT or vacation. Not sure how you fix that one.
How to fix that one? :-k You can't, because opposing sides will always find the slightest thing to accuse the other side of. Guess what, the recent accusation that Feri abused the autoban has only come about since Rob3rt lost his 4 duals because he didn't get given PPT. If that hadn't happened then no-one would be accusing Feri of wrong-doing.

MEZZANINE wrote:As for compensation, Brother in FS had this problem over a year ago, he lost a dual that he actually paid for ( $50 ) and almost quit the game over it, he was never compensated and Im sure many others have taken similar losses without compensation so much as I dont like to see anyone friend or enemy lose out this way, it would not be fair to compensate someone now when so many have not been in the past.
If the problem happened as a direct result of the game or game admin, which in this case it was by the looks of it, then everything lost should be compensated for.

xDaku wrote:I like the limbo idea, an improvement on that would be to give a 2-3 hour PPT after the first login, this gives enough time to merlin whatever needs to be merlined, fix anything that needs fixing etc.
This is also a good idea.

But lets face it, this PPT after autoban was never an issue until this one occasion, and suddenly because of this one occasion the game admins are accused of being unfair and inconsistent. [-(
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Other”