Q: re Payment accounts

Everything else.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Q: re Payment accounts

Are paypal accounts etc ever checked to make sure only one person is using a particular account? (bit suss if 8 payments for example were going in and out on the same account)

Also when a player gets banned does their payment account also get redlighted?

Curious as to me it would seem having a couple/few accounts and a few emails would be some what manageable but having to manage several payment accounts too? :smt017
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Re: Q: re Payment accounts

I don't understand?
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Considering that you can support for others by simply typing in their ID on the support page where your ID is, what would be the point of monitoring paypals?

The only limit for buying for others is that you can't do it if you've bought a ss for yourself that week, 1 per week per account. But if you want to buy 5 of your friends ss before you it would still work..
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

I was thinking more like when someone is using one paypal to buy their multis stuff

if I had account 3, 7, 9 and 14 for example would it not register that I used the same bank account to buy stuff for them.

or do multis need to have multiple paypal accounts to fund themselves?

Hope that makes it a bit clearer, not talking about transferring user to user.

and take Hellboy for example, when he got banned was the bank account he used recorded so if "another" player comes along and starts using it it registers an alert with admin.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

There are many valid reasons why anyone would pay for Black Market purchases on more than one account, with Kikaz mentioning the most obvious, another being account sales, ownership changing throughout history.

To answer your question: BM/SS is one of the things we can monitor to flag a multi, yes, but given the logical reasons for overlap it is not useful.

Return to “Other”