The Protectorate of Expensive ATs

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

Conspiracy

Re: The Protectorate of Expensive ATs

Lol, You don't support us, yet you go and make a thread selling 1k ATs @ 1.1tril/k... [-(
proph
Fledgling Forumer

As a Nox representative, I would like to announce the donation of moral support the Nox pledge to this cause. We support those who wish to publicize the oppression of others, as long as that publication does not interfere with the freedoms of those they accuse. The increase in price of AT is something which will reduce senseless violence against humanoids, bacteria, and the life force of the universe. Support of this movement - is complimentary with peace.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

proph wrote:As a Nox representative, I would like to announce the donation of moral support the Nox pledge to this cause. We support those who wish to publicize the oppression of others, as long as that publication does not interfere with the freedoms of those they accuse. The increase in price of AT is something which will reduce senseless violence against humanoids, bacteria, and the life force of the universe. Support of this movement - is complimentary with peace.
We appreciate your sentiment, misguided as it may be.. the means by which you seek to achieve your end are the same as ours. :)

With 200 AT I farm enough to buy another 2k. Interestingly enough, that means I could -if I wanted to- use 800 turns per 1k to mass people. :)
Slowing down? Hardly. Making it so you have to combine playing styles? Definitely. You have to farm to be able to mass. What's wrong with that? In my opinion, this initiative furthers the game experience we can have. :D
Nitro S
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

CABAL wrote:
Lord Yojimbo wrote:lets face it - let sellers pick thier prices (without being massed) and let buyers chose thier selliers on prices and rep - people will only pay for ats to a certain extent and if not then sellers can hike or drop prices accordingly.

I say leave the system as it is and let people barter and argue over prices...if ye want turns bad enough you will buy them at high rates where as the shrewder people like myself can haggle a bargin or can get them at discount from sources that we do trading with over a longer period.

No evil Trade Federation or Lucian Alliances :lol: :lol:

No control mechanism on the ats prices either - prices generally reflect the public demand and most are aware of this so its up to people to shop and choose a reseller with a fair price and buy from there. Free Economic Competition should be encouraged.

Let the market be free to choose...

Exactly. The goal of the EAP is to ensure the fact that AT sellers get to choose their prices. The CAP is trying to forcefully bring down the prices.

Nitro S wrote:just as in RL you have various sellers who sell the same merchandise for a different price and the buyers go always to the seller who has the lowest price...common sense

why should I buy something for a lot of money if someone else has the same product with the exact quality and warranty for a lower price???

Of course you could buy the more expensive product if you had extra money but imho that`s still a waste of money

I can`t even see why is this all still an issue, if you don`t want to buy ATs for a price that you consider to be high, then don`t buy it and the same goes for sellers, if you want your ATs sold for a higher price than the most of the community is willing to pay, then wait for someone who will come and give you that kinda a cash

You are making a big deal over 100 bill difference for the price of AT yet the sellers themselves lose trillions by selling those ATs just because they are too lazy to make themselves a farm list and spend a couple of minutes farming....

no wonder people fall so much behind others when they don`t use their resources properly :-s

Nitro

No, YOU are making a big deal over 100bil.

Just as in RL, price fixing is an offence.

What you are doing is totally different to what you are saying.

You are only trying to rob the profit off of the AT sellers. The market has it's own 'prices', and just because YOU think they are too high does not mean YOU can try to lower the price by refusing to buy over 750bil/k, creating a discriminatory environment against those who sell above 750bil/k. There have been many examples where people have been threatened because their prices are higher than market prices...

Are people in this game all fascist pigs? Why can't I rebel against society and not be massed? Can't I put up a thread selling ATs for 10tril/k?
What happened to freedom of speech?

get your facts finally straight, I never said I would mass anyone for the price they put on the market, I dare you to check my messages :-$

if more and more people will join the CAF and will support the 750 bill per k prices, sellers eventually won`t have any other option then to sell at a lower price or don`t sell at all....

As I said, they are losing trills of naq and millions of uu by not using the AT themselves :roll:

if you simply don`t want to sell at the 750 bill per k rate then don`t at all and don`t go acusing random people about massing the market sellers for their prices which isn`t true at all because noone was massed just yet...

think twice before you start pointing fingers, you have been warned Toon_PDT_07

@Juliette

not everyone has the means to farm for 200 AT as much as you do, we can`t set market prices on a handful of players who are able to farm enough to make a big profit, I`m sorry....

with regards

Nitro
Spoiler
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Nitro S wrote:if more and more people will join the CAF and will support the 750 bill per k prices, sellers eventually won`t have any other option then to sell at a lower price or don`t sell at all....
*grin* But who would sell at such ridiculously cheap prices when they know people buy them at any price? :lol: No, if I want to find a buyer for my AT, I wait until AT's are scarce, charge a bit above market price and see who buys them. If no one buys them, I can always use them myself.
Nitro S wrote:if you simply don`t want to sell at the 750 bill per k rate then don`t at all and don`t go acusing random people about massing the market sellers for their prices which isn`t true at all because noone was massed just yet...
Just yet? And yet, people campaign to be allowed to express their own sentiments regarding prices in sales threads, where they have no place.. people go as far as to call in mods to clear out EAP´s point of view while leaving the CAF´s words in threads. *grin* Lucky us for having a balanced staff, taking good care of such unilateral requests. ;)
Nitro S wrote:think twice before you start pointing fingers, you have been warned Toon_PDT_07
*points* You there! Sorry, it's a long day at work..
Nitro S wrote:@Juliette
not everyone has the means to farm for 200 AT as much as you do, we can`t set market prices on a handful of players who are able to farm enough to make a big profit, I`m sorry....

with regards

Nitro
*nods* Perhaps not. But I like to think everyone can farm inactives as I can, I learned that from a few of CAF's bigger players.. does it make a difference that I could arm a 5T strike at a moment's notice? Not really.. most of the time I sit with just 400B strike. And even then, I get the feeling it's expensive overkill to use that against inactives. ;) You wouldn't believe the crapload of naquadah these guys make. Either you're there to get them, or you're not. I would not object if at some point the prices of AT hit 2T per 1k. We can all have that kind of farming. True, at some point you'll be spending quite a bit on turns, but the current prices are peanuts compared to what you can farm with them. :) I just don't want to spend the time farming, so I sell them at massive losses. I don't need a bunch of people to cut into that even more. :P

Regards to you as well, brother.
Nitro S
Forum Irregular

Juliette, I am starting to have the feeling you enjoy replying to my comments in whatever thread :lol:
May is here, love is in the air lmao :razz:
this is how friendships begin to develop.....I assume :-"

Look here, I will state it here in points and this is my last post in this unnecessary thread:

1. I never said AT sellers should lower the price of ATs to a rate that the CAF is proposing

2. I never threatened anyone to be massed unless he lowers his AT prices but on the other hand I don`t like being acused of things I never said by random players which don`t know me at all and put me in the same bag with others thus the warning ;)

3. there is nothing bad about CAF, these players simply want to lower AT prices and I don`t see anything bad about that just as on the other side sellers try to protect themselves, take it as a campaign...better one wins ;)

I believe (hope) I made myself clear, I will be given SS in a matter of days after I ascend and I shall support CAF and unless I will urgently need ATs ( in this case this would be war) I don`t see any reason why should I pay more, I`m doing quite good with the amount I receive weekly from the market

peace out

Nitro
Spoiler
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

Nitro S wrote:Look here, I will state it here in points and this is my last post in this unnecessary thread:

1. I never said AT sellers should lower the price of ATs to a rate that the CAF is proposing

Nitro S wrote:if more and more people will join the CAF and will support the 750 bill per k prices, sellers eventually won`t have any other option then to sell at a lower price or don`t sell at all....

Nitro S wrote:2. I never threatened anyone to be massed unless he lowers his AT prices but on the other hand I don`t like being acused of things I never said by random players which don`t know me at all and put me in the same bag with others thus the warning ;)

But others do.

Nitro S wrote:3. there is nothing bad about CAF, these players simply want to lower AT prices and I don`t see anything bad about that just as on the other side sellers try to protect themselves, take it as a campaign...better one wins ;)

Everything is bad about it. You are trying to oppress the AT sellers into selling for cheaper.

And in case you haven't noticed, the majority of the AT sellers are much 'inactive' and only PPT, and almost never attack.

If you brag about making a profit by farming, I'm pretty sure you can let At sellers sell at whatever price they want.

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

as long as its reflective of demand and supply - sellers shouldnt rip off people either :-D
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
CABAL
Forum Expert

Lord Yojimbo wrote:as long as its reflective of demand and supply - sellers shouldnt rip off people either :-D

As long as sellers are still selling, is it ripping people off?

And actually read the OP. The Expensive in EAP has nothing to do with raising AT prices. We are only trying to encourage AT sellers to sell at a price they choose - not what others force them to sell at.

solmyr
Forum Elite
Alliance: Faded Empire
Race: Masstastic
ID: 94442
Alternate name(s): Thurisaz, Dance Commander

sell at what you see fit sellers, buyers will pay it if they need the turns. but dont be red faced if your price is well ahead of others, or they can wait for more :roll:
TRADED WITH ME??? Lemme Know how it went!!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=154179
8 Multi's reported and banned
Lawless One
Absolutely Evil
Alliance: TPP
Race: Priate
ID: 84300
Alternate name(s): ~tackless shadow~
lawless one
balam
dagrith

shock!!! horror!!!! :P lol. just to put my side in i decided i was gonna do it and many players decided to join of own free will same with this people will join on there own free will

i started mine to help bring people into the game and help newer players be able to get a feel for the game and not wait x time for AT. so new player has a bank of 400b or even 500b now can they buy AT if the price is gonna be 1tril and rising? at least at 750b they can fill the bank and then ppt to buy 1k AT and go farming getting a feel for the game so they will become more active and the game will continue to grow.

take *modded* for an example the trades rates in there are 3:2:1 3 metal for 2 crystal or 1 deuterium and them rates have been the same for years and the game is always growing but with AT going up so so quit new players cant buy them can play like they would like to and then the game will die and it will be "all admins" fault for not doing anything but y cant we do something bout it by dropping the AT prices and keep ringing new players into the game

ps my bad for the long post :P
"Beware the fury of a patient man"
"Always forgive your enemies--nothing annoys them so much"
"im not what your used to im a lil cookoo"
"Let them hate, As long as they fear!"
CABAL
Forum Expert

lawless one wrote:shock!!! horror!!!! :P lol. just to put my side in i decided i was gonna do it and many players decided to join of own free will same with this people will join on there own free will

i started mine to help bring people into the game and help newer players be able to get a feel for the game and not wait x time for AT. so new player has a bank of 400b or even 500b now can they buy AT if the price is gonna be 1tril and rising? at least at 750b they can fill the bank and then ppt to buy 1k AT and go farming getting a feel for the game so they will become more active and the game will continue to grow.

take *modded* for an example the trades rates in there are 3:2:1 3 metal for 2 crystal or 1 deuterium and them rates have been the same for years and the game is always growing but with AT going up so so quit new players cant buy them can play like they would like to and then the game will die and it will be "all admins" fault for not doing anything but y cant we do something bout it by dropping the AT prices and keep ringing new players into the game

But a lot of newer players don't use this AT market. And I would happily give newer players free ATs if they deserved them. Besides that, a lot of the newer players do not know how to spend ATs efficiently. And I would suggest thinking back to when you first started playing SGW. I was hitting for <100mil naq when the average good hit was about 5bil. Teaching them to use ATs effectively should be the first step.

And besides, your idea of lowering AT prices will only have them gobbled up by the larger players beforehand.

ooo, which server :O

And *modded*'s completely different. They're fixed rates. For every 1 deut generated, you get 2 crystal, and 3 metal with mines all at the same level and no fusion.

Unless admin makes it so for every 1AT generated you get 1000 uu and 1000000 naq, fixed prices aren't going to happen.

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Ha, no mentioning other online mmorpgs. >_< *evil glare*

Anyway, the system *modded* :P uses is **Filtered** up too. Trust me, I've played it for a few years.. and a whole bunch of other games in the genre too. In the end, all online games are big scams. :) But they're usually entertaining, and getting scammed while having fun is like getting killed by a seductress.. at least you die on a high. :-D
Lawless One
Absolutely Evil
Alliance: TPP
Race: Priate
ID: 84300
Alternate name(s): ~tackless shadow~
lawless one
balam
dagrith

CABAL wrote:
lawless one wrote:shock!!! horror!!!! :P lol. just to put my side in i decided i was gonna do it and many players decided to join of own free will same with this people will join on there own free will

But a lot of newer players don't use this AT market. And I would happily give newer players free ATs if they deserved them. Besides that, a lot of the newer players do not know how to spend ATs efficiently. And I would suggest thinking back to when you first started playing SGW. I was hitting for <100mil naq when the average good hit was about 5bil. Teaching them to use ATs effectively should be the first step.

And besides, your idea of lowering AT prices will only have them gobbled up by the larger players beforehand.

ooo, which server :O

And *modded*'s completely different. They're fixed rates. For every 1 deut generated, you get 2 crystal, and 3 metal with mines all at the same level and no fusion.

Unless admin makes it so for every 1AT generated you get 1000 uu and 1000000 naq, fixed prices aren't going to happen.

i agree its a fixed system but i like it. i also understand where your coming from with this topic there will always be a two sided war in everything. perhaps if new accounts get the change people have been asking for then it wouldnt be so hard for them to buy them :) but thats a different topic
"Beware the fury of a patient man"
"Always forgive your enemies--nothing annoys them so much"
"im not what your used to im a lil cookoo"
"Let them hate, As long as they fear!"
Nitro S
Forum Irregular

CABAL wrote:
Nitro S wrote:Look here, I will state it here in points and this is my last post in this unnecessary thread:

Nitro S wrote:2. I never threatened anyone to be massed unless he lowers his AT prices but on the other hand I don`t like being acused of things I never said by random players which don`t know me at all and put me in the same bag with others thus the warning ;)

But others do.

Nitro S wrote:3. there is nothing bad about CAF, these players simply want to lower AT prices and I don`t see anything bad about that just as on the other side sellers try to protect themselves, take it as a campaign...better one wins ;)

Everything is bad about it. You are trying to oppress the AT sellers into selling for cheaper.

And in case you haven't noticed, the majority of the AT sellers are much 'inactive' and only PPT, and almost never attack.

If you brag about making a profit by farming, I'm pretty sure you can let At sellers sell at whatever price they want.

others do???....and how`s that suppose to concern me??? :-s
Am I supposed to create some kinda league to protect the AT sellers or what????
* creates the "let`s go learn those noobs who threaten AT sellers to lower the AT prices some manners and stop it madness" League* ;)

I`m not you, Jimmy, Lucky, Alf nor anyone else...I am me and that`s all you need to know for now ;)

You seen big bang theory??? don`t make me apply sheldon`s theory of strikes, you already got one, don`t force me to give you another :lol:

1. I don`t like being asociated with a group of people I don`t feel I belong to.

2. I don`t brag, stop being imature ;)

3. it seems you didn`t get my drift when I tried to explain it to you with a situation in RL so there is no point for me to try further

Now, since I`m a nice guy ( at least I think I am :-D ) I`ll give you a hint

Why don`t you send a mass PM to all the AT sellers to not sell under 760 bill per k instead of arguing with people who repeatedly disagree with you??? :-k

good luck with those pm`s ;)

PS: stop asociating me with people I`m not a part of because I don`t have whatsoever problem buying overpriced ATs when being in a war ;)

with regards

Nitro
Spoiler

Return to “Market Discussion”