Moderator: Market Mods

BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Inflation in naq for $$

It's quite crazy... how did naq get this cheap? Now, even on a 20t turn change twice an hour (That's very good), you've only made about $2.75, and people usually don't get that much for a TC. I don't understand how it has been cheapened this much. I remember it being a lot more expensive to buy naq, and things actually had value. I don't remember specific numbers, but I'm pretty sure the naq for $$ price inflation and the naq ingame inflation is NOT proportional.

I'm just asking how. What happened here?
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Inflation in naq for $$

Inflation over 5 years: 1,000%
Naq increase in-game (total value of accounts+naq out) over 5 years: 10,000%

Yes. It is that much. No. Prices didn't drop as much as the growth of the complete game economy warrants. They should be even lower, were it not for the fact that Naq invested in actual immovable things (UP/Covert/MS) accounts for a large portion of the increased value.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:Inflation over 5 years: 1,000%
Naq increase in-game (total value of accounts+naq out) over 5 years: 10,000%

Yes. It is that much. No. Prices didn't drop as much as the growth of the complete game economy warrants. They should be even lower, were it not for the fact that Naq invested in actual immovable things (UP/Covert/MS) accounts for a large portion of the increased value.
Well wouldn't that just mean there is more around and not necessarily more per person or that it is easier to get? Also, the fact that you included the TOTAL value of accounts throws the idea that 5 extra years means that there 5 extra years to get them to that point... I figure the ratio would only work if we could figure out the actual difficulty of acquiring naq.

EDIT: In five years, has the average farm hit on a 0 defense increased 1000%? I haven't been around for 5 years, but I know a bit more than three and half years ago I was hitting for 23b+, and now I hit for 50b+.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Oh, sure. If you hit inactive 0-def accounts, that could be a low average.
Hit semi-active accounts with meager (<5T) defences and your average rises substantially. That's not the point though. :)

What really tricks the market though is a decrease in naq-purchasing players - and extensive trade networks being established within empires/family constructs. ;) Along with a (massive) growth of the game's total economy.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert

I guess I can see that... not as much publicized demand for buying naq.

So I'm still not all too clear on how it works, but what I'm getting here is from this lack of publicized demand for naq, the small amount that there is controls the price and drives it downwards, which forces those that buy & sell naq within small circles and alliances to drop their prices as well. Would I be correct on this assumption, or a few miles off the mark?
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Market Discussion”