why the change?

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

Samo
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

why the change?

well ive tryed this new market system on the forums and tbh i find it alittle annoying to do my tradeing, haveing to go back and forth between diffrent sections to find things.

Is it possible to make a link from each section into the other 3?
This would make it alot easyer than haveing to go back to the main list and scroll down.

mayby just a sticky with links to the others...would save alittle time atleast....
ID = 77036

Trade Feedback
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

The general public felt this would be easier then looking through 4 to 5 pages all in one section looking for the best price/qauanity.

Please just give it some time to grow on you. Most have found they like being about to browse by catagory. If your looking for uu they are all together. If your looking for AT they are all together. It seems to be a better system for the buyers and the seller. I do apologize for any inconveniance it may cause you but if you give it a chance I think this will prove to be a better system.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Samo
Forum Newbie

dont think i ever used more than page 1 in the old setup, never saw the point in makeing a trade that you have to wait hours to be accepted -.-

also its alot harder to get good deals with this system, havein to check 2/3 sections rather than just refreshing 1

Is their a way to make threads that have been inactive for over 4hours go a diffrent color or something? so alteast you might be able to tell quickly which people are still online

atleast add a reply on geisha "Sticky: Market Rules and Guidelines (updated)" with the links to other forums to make it easy

hey ill even make the post for you

you just need to edit and copy it out
ID = 77036

Trade Feedback
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Samo wrote:dont think i ever used more than page 1 in the old setup, never saw the point in makeing a trade that you have to wait hours to be accepted -.-

* I have seen several trades less then 3 hrs old hit the second page, but I do see your point

also its alot harder to get good deals with this system, havein to check 2/3 sections rather than just refreshing 1

* I don't understand this concept, If you are looking to buy a set resource or sell a set resource then why are you jumping from page to page? If you are just looking for nothing imparticular then I can see your point but most people know what they want to buy or sell when they go to the market, this system is easier on them. We are just trying to provide a better system and we can't please everyone.

Is their a way to make threads that have been inactive for over 4hours go a diffrent color or something? so alteast you might be able to tell quickly which people are still online

*This is a brilliant idea, I hope its put inplace.

atleast add a reply on geisha "Sticky: Market Rules and Guidelines (updated)" with the links to other forums to make it easy

* This is Geishas call but I see potential in this idea as it is a pain going to the index each time you change sections. I like this idea.

hey ill even make the post for you

you just need to edit and copy it out

Thank you for being respectful and offering sound ideas instead of the usual bashing we get for trying to better the forums. You do have some good ideas.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Midnight
Forum Regular

I agree with Lore, it is a good idea.

Perhaps if Geisha could edit her post (in the thread below) to have them as links:

http://herebegames.com/StarGateWars/vie ... hp?t=67772
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Midnight wrote:I agree with Lore, it is a good idea.

Perhaps if Geisha could edit her post (in the thread below) to have them as links:

http://herebegames.com/StarGateWars/vie ... hp?t=67772

done :)
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Ty Geisha.

And thanks to Samo for the idea
Reason, youll get dead.
Acheron
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Tok'ra
ID: 71390

i like the split :) now it's easier to look for deals for a given type of resource.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Acheron wrote:i like the split :) now it's easier to look for deals for a given type of resource.

It seems much easier to me also. Keeps more deals on the first page of each section. Easier to compare more of the same resources at a glance too.
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Market Discussion”