Creation of SGW Traders' Guild

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

muaddibzz
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

DPT wrote:that is a nice idea, but it will only work if evrey single trader is in this, if evrey one is in except,... me for example, you can raise prices as much as you want, and all you will get is no buyers, becouse evrey one will buy at me for 50 % of your price

not that i'm trying to sabb your idea, i think it's a great one, and i would join it, if Muaddibzz wouldn't be saying evreyone i'm a scamer

but it just won't work my friends

it wont work because its people like u that give honest traders a hard time in trading u go around scammin ppl making prices sky rocket then u make them lower WTH is that
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert
Alliance: I serve only myself.
Race: Ascended Irish
ID: 33984

Any one with the slightest of bad reps or anyone saying they scammed them wouldnt be allowed join
Nephite
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Hukbo ni Helaman
Race: Kanoy
ID: 41183

so any news on this?
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert

im currently busy with college exams and so on but when they are done and i have more time ill try to organise this if no one else is.
Nephite
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Hukbo ni Helaman
Race: Kanoy
ID: 41183

ok sounds good :) le me know if theres anythign i can do to help :)
ComputerGamerGeek
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Lego Maniac
ID: 83588

I'm in.
I'd like to help when I can. :D
Please click on my new trade feedback:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=107421

My SGW Contact Info:
Email: RLuap1998@aol.com
(checked infrequently.)

Yahoo: westwingfan01
AIM: IrishPaul2008
MSN: DublinontheRhine27mNY
(usually checked at least once a day.)
Alpha Bravo
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DXI
Race: System Lord
ID: 1955368

DPT wrote:that is a nice idea, but it will only work if evrey single trader is in this, if evrey one is in except,... me for example, you can raise prices as much as you want, and all you will get is no buyers, becouse evrey one will buy at me for 50 % of your price

not that i'm trying to sabb your idea, i think it's a great one, and i would join it, if Muaddibzz wouldn't be saying evreyone i'm a scamer

but it just won't work my friends

it has a high chance of not working due to the Nash Game theory. It's all economics. (due to the large number of traders, i'll be talking about groups doing it instead of a single business) If all the traders come together and try to form a monopoly out of a purely competitive market, there is a high incentive to cheat. Say the guild set price is 800 mil per 1k. so if all the trader's stick to that everyone would get the 800 mil/k. if one group decides to set cheat and set their price at say 650-700 mil/k, they would get more business than the rest of the group. yet if both groups cheat, they'll have lower prices say 600 mil/k, and yet they might both get more business due to the lower prices. but then again this generally applies to a duapoly(two firms) instead of a purely competitive market(many many firms) such as this. that and i guess if you massed people who cheated that might give them more incentive to not cheat. jus t a thought.
!Encore
Fledgling Forumer

Re: Creation of SGW Traders' Guild

Would honestly like to know how this has a point and how it will work.

First I belive it is to keep prices the same for everyone...If you have 50 buyers in here buying at 600mil per k. SO hardly anyone will be b ale to buy their required amount. Soooo soon you will try to outbid each other. Woudnt it just be easyer to let them flow naturaly. Soon it will get out of hand and you will have a pecking order to who can buy and how much. Pretty pointless. And... If you have the whole market on the guild but one person then that one person goes 610per k and he wins. Sure its a good idea and would be great but will it work?

Just some thaughts. Revel in them :D

- Encore
Selling UU for £/$. Lowest Prices.
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert

!Encore wrote:Would honestly like to know how this has a point and how it will work.

First I belive it is to keep prices the same for everyone...If you have 50 buyers in here buying at 600mil per k. SO hardly anyone will be b ale to buy their required amount. Soooo soon you will try to outbid each other. Woudnt it just be easyer to let them flow naturaly. Soon it will get out of hand and you will have a pecking order to who can buy and how much. Pretty pointless. And... If you have the whole market on the guild but one person then that one person goes 610per k and he wins. Sure its a good idea and would be great but will it work?

Just some thaughts. Revel in them :D

- Encore

this is for cash trading not naq
!Encore
Fledgling Forumer

He he :lol: Great Idea.
Selling UU for £/$. Lowest Prices.

Return to “Market Discussion”