A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Re:

blahh wrote:Well i was hoping one purpose of the traders guild.. that was to be formed would be to "enforce" the minimum price on stuf, but seing how that is standing still... i m guessing alternatives would have to be found else we ll have alot more of big sized noobs :)

i am prepared to allow that blahh, as long as ALL allainces understand that the guild comes frist in this case, as we are enforcing the game, and not picking on the allaince, just the offender.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
DUDEY
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: Plan to double the price of naq/uu for RL $$$

I dont ever sell naq for less than 70bucks per trillion, no matter how much im selling even if that means no sales for a month

Anything less is a ridiculous price.
Dam i remember the days of 30cents per billion
Glad i sold more back then.
Lajh
Forum Regular

DUDEY wrote:I dont ever sell naq for less than 70bucks per trillion, no matter how much im selling even if that means no sales for a month

Anything less is a ridiculous price.
Dam i remember the days of 30cents per billion
Glad i sold more back then.

you are a wise man

we have to get that plan running, prices are at $20 for 1 mil uu and $35 for a trill. absurd
I wrote: Why do people put quotes in their signatures?
http://www.lajh.youaremighty.com/
Nug
Forum Grunt

Its not really absurd when you think about it...

How much can a bunch of coding really be worth? Thats all it is after all...

People shouldn't being playing sgw to make money anyways.. They should be playing because they like having fun and enjoy playing the game.
Last edited by Nug on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert
Alliance: I serve only myself.
Race: Ascended Irish
ID: 33984

new players also shouldnt be buying their way to the top for little or nothing, if you want it you either work hard or pay a high price, its the people selling for $20 that are ruining game not those selling for $50.
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

I dont see what the problem is personally other than you guys are UU/Naq sellers and you want as much money for you trades as possible! If i sold resources i would too

Also whats wrong with a noob buying a top account for just a few hundred dollers? Personally i`d rather a noob controlled the account than somebody who knows what there doing, A noob is less likely to mass for taking some naq
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
~Krys~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Nemesis
ID: 68005

i sold 25 mil uu 2 or so months ago started selling at 8 cents and had to bring it down to 6 cents near the end

now prices are a bit ridiculous i would make less then half of what i made then
yet the market using naq hasn't doubled(inflation gone wrong)
~krys~ the last 2ic of The Order
RIP
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

You cant really exspect prices to stay as high as you want them too

Just look at the server! there are far to much UU in the game, there is an insane number of players with insane UP`s that dont want to go above the 50mil army size

The only way that the prices will raise is if the army cap is lifted or at least raised

Like somebody said there just selling there passive incomes and i know a guy in perg and he told me that he gets almost 500k UU a day@ so at the cheapest current rate thats 10 USD a day, i`d settle for that for playing a game
~Krys~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Nemesis
ID: 68005

but that means that someone with a credit card could spend 1 grand and get a 50 mil army size from scratch(probaly even less due to buying in bulk)
a 50 mil army size is still pretty darn big for someone to just come in and start playing

if you want a top rate account i believe it should not be as easily attainable
~krys~ the last 2ic of The Order
RIP
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

So what is a top account? 80mil/90mil army size? or even if you said a 50mil army size is a top account

I dont see how paying a 1000 USD is making it easy! I dunno about you but i dont exactly have that amount to spend on ANY game
Thelen
Fledgling Forumer

| Nemesis | wrote:So what is a top account? 80mil/90mil army size? or even if you said a 50mil army size is a top account

I dont see how paying a 1000 USD is making it easy! I dunno about you but i dont exactly have that amount to spend on ANY game

You can get into the first page with $200. You can be number one (besides maybe now with STI there >_>), for $1000, which really isn't that much when you think of the hours the previous number ones have spent to get there....

Anyways, i see not much has changed since this was made, but its good to see mercs have been fixed, now lets try get the prices of these things fixed!!
Hmmf, i don't remember making that previous sig.. oh well >_>

Teal'auc's newest cult member >_>
RebornRaider
Fledgling Forumer

Re:

The most rational posting I've seen on this topic was from blahh:

blahh wrote:i think the min should be 1/2 of the "official black market price"
and that is to be used for more reguar customers and larger quantity discounts...

Current "official black market prices":

$125 for 1T naq
$83 for 1M UUs
$100 for 60K ATs

But wait! If I'm buying from the "official black market", and I want naq, how would I buy it? ATs sell for 30 million naq or 52 UUs a piece in the forums.

So if I spent $100 to buy ATs and sold them for 30 million naq each, I would get 1.8T naq!

Or I could spend $100 on ATs and sell them for 50 UUs each and end up with 3M UUs!

As a buyer looking for naq, I can buy 1.8T for $100, or $55 per 1T.
As a buyer looking for UUs, I can buy 3M for $100, or $33 per M.

That's the price that sellers have to compete with. If we went with blahhh's suggestion that the min should be 1/2 of the "official black market rates", then the minimum for naq should be $28 per 1T and the minimum for UUs should be $17 per 1M.

Current black market rates are just undercutting the "official black market" rates by a little bit. Instead of $55 for 1T naq, you can get it for around $50 or less. Instead of $33 for 1M UUs, you can get it for $20.

If you want prices to rise, you'll have to start massing the admins.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Nug wrote:How much can a bunch of coding really be worth? Thats all it is after all...

As a programmer you would be really really surprised how much good coding is worth... ;)

TheRook

additionally

just let the prices keep dropping and remove all raiding/UU buying caps and the plague

then people wont have excess anything

no limits means 0 excess

Problem Solved ;)
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

also... admin should match the in game prices with $20 for 1 mill UU and $50 for 1 trill naq

problem solved

peopel will support admin and people wont be able to buy for $$

I would much prefer being able to get x amount of UU from admin as its 110% chance you definately wont get scammed :D

you can only hold 10kAT so you would have to buy it in 3 seperate chunks
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467

Return to “Market Discussion”