AT/MT prices

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

Dean_S
Forum Elite
ID: 0

AT/MT prices

Personaly i think AT's prices are becoming to much, when it was 15bill per k...They were ALOT. Personaly i think MT's prices have driven the AT's prices up.

So if we bring the MT prices down the AT's will come down aswell...the only reason it went up was because of the war, the war is over so why do we need keep them up?

raiding as become a feature which not as many use anymore, it was like this when there was a lack of turns but now there are turns, but people cant be bothered to do it for so little profit.......

so how about you lot listen to me and lower the MT prices ALOT

thats all ive got to say, im not going to force people to do this i just think it will be better so the game can develop more and people army sizes go higher which means the cap will go higher and make the bigger players more happy lol......

Thanks Dean_S
Taure
Forum Irregular
Race: Asuran
ID: 25525

The thing is, it is clear that people will buy at the current MT prices, so people aren't going to sell for less when they know that they could get more.

The only way to bring the prices down would be for everyone to boycott the market, but that wouldn't work as there would always be a couple of people who would break the boycott to their own personal advantage.

The reason for the super-inflation is clear: there is low supply and a high demand. So either the supply has got to be increased (unlikely) or the demand has got to fall. The market does this automatically in the form of higher prices, thus curbing demand.

The SGW market is actually a nice little model of simple economics at work, it's quite fascinating. We should really keep records and have them available to any students of Economics who want to take a look at them for research or modeling purposes.
candyman86
Forum Newbie

dean does have a point the war is over so the AT's price should go back to normal
=FEA=Bex
Fledgling Forumer

I agree with Dean too. Theres no reason for AT prices to be high, makes it almost impossible to make proffit raiding.
Dean_S
Forum Elite

Well, i could always start massing people for buying to high :D

if we lower it, its better for EVERYONE.....it means more uu in the game
tweetygirl
Mistress of Broken Hearts
Alliance: Olympus
Race: God

i pay no more than 8b for them and thats high.

i agree though, they are high which has brought the cost of ATs up.. then again I won't pay more than 600m/1k for uu.

It's those willing to pay more that mess up the market for everyone else and they are willing to pay more because they have more funds to deal with.

Offer to sell to me for more ;) .. see how that works out for you.
Taure
Forum Irregular

All it takes to bring the price down are a couple of people selling at lower prices than the market is currently at. Everyone else will then follow as otherwise they will lose out on their custom as people flock to those offering lower prices.

It would actually be an interesting concept to add to SGW - trading alliances who try to bring about their collective trading power to secure the prices they want.

If you wanted, you could start the first one, and your first action could be you and all your members flooding the market with cheap MTs, forcing the price down.

P.S. I <3 Economics.
Last edited by Taure on Sun May 20, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Say no inflation! Down with the government!

~crap, wrong thread.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
reborn
Forum Elite

i say leave it, my missus can make a nice profit off raiding so if she can im sure others can, or r u beening a bit greedy?
candyman86
Forum Newbie

1st it is fun to be greedy on this game 2nd dean a massing sounds fun do u need a hand
Dean_S
Forum Elite

http://herebegames.com/StarGateWars/vie ... 467#884467

reborn, i couldnt care who is making profit from it......if u were raiding at such a little profit, you would be complaining.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Hmmm we can raid quite alot uu these days, like 1200uu/attack, if turns become cheaper, the amount of uu in targets will decrease, that's the problem.
Taure
Forum Irregular

Well, it takes around 200bil to 230bil naq to buy 10k turns, which will get your average decent raider approx 670,000 UU.

That's still a lot cheaper than buying UU off the market, though I get your point about it being far less profit than it used to be.
Dean_S
Forum Elite

Dark Apophis The Great ™ wrote:Hmmm we can raid quite alot uu these days, like 1200uu/attack, if turns become cheaper, the amount of uu in targets will decrease, that's the problem.

but means more people are farming/raiding.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Wait till summer when I start raiding again, then lower the prices :D

Return to “Market Discussion”