Rule 10 Discussion

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

Ergon
Forum Irregular

Rule 10 Discussion

So does this mean no more cash trades for sgw (through the sgw forums)? When was this decision made, who made it and what does this mean? No one can sell their accounts even.

So why.. WHY
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: Rule 10 Discussion

Ergon wrote:So does this mean no more cash trades for sgw (through the sgw forums)? When was this decision made, who made it and what does this mean? No one can sell their accounts even.

So why.. WHY

I think it's pretty obvious why they've done it. As the rule states, they're difficult to police and extremely risky. Forum just wants to keep his hands clean, and distance the administration from any potentially dodgy cash trading.

As someone who has profited greatly from the buying and selling of resources for cash, I have to say I'm a little sad to see this happen. I can understand the logic behind it, though.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Ergon
Forum Irregular

scamming has been around for ages, why do something about it now. Only noobs got scammed anyway, if you were smart about it and went to the righ guy..

But anyway this would include DMU for$$ I gues, And this also means that the account for sale section should be removed as it would have no use anymroe
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Ergon wrote:scamming has been around for ages, why do something about it now. Only noobs got scammed anyway, if you were smart about it and went to the righ guy..

But anyway this would include DMU for$$ I gues, And this also means that the account for sale section should be removed as it would have no use anymroe

Haha, "this problem has existed for ages, why bother trying to solve it now?" has never been a good attitude to take. Otherwise we'd still live in mud huts and have the slave trade.

And yeah, the 'accounts for sale' section could be removed now, although there is still a niche market where people sell accounts for in-game resources.

Anyway, who else is taking bets on how long it'll take for a new 'Unofficial SGW market' forum to pop up?
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
thorslittleworld
Forum Regular

how can they police this

they cant, just means people will deal outside the forum, the only way this can be done would be to lock IP addresses to the account.

A headache yes, people would have to ask permision via admin to have aception IP addresses, and those with with non static IP addresses would not be able to work with it unless they arranged a static one.

In short all this will do will is slow down the affect of making $$

So even though I have an account I want to sell for $$, I cant say this is a bad thing, BUT I know a few people who will still be selling for $$ ingame resources, so may be a small suggestion

GET RID OF THE SEND RESOURCES OPTION IN FAVOUR OF TOTAL BROKER SYSTEM AND GIVE ALL PLAYERS THAT OPTION

or use the Chaos system where you have designated deals, none of this 1 naq for 1m uu or 1uu for 5k ats, Give them a market value
[img]
dastupy wrote:Hilts, cabal is on your side.
[/img]
Castiel
Forum Expert
Alliance: DDE
Race: Angel
ID: 10351

Then how would people ascend ?

If they had to broker away UU , naq , etc ? 8)
What's it feel like? Took the wrong route
Watch it fall apart now you're knockin' at the wrong gate
For you to pay the toll, a price for you alone
The only deal you'll find, I'll gladly take your soul

Eleven's hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelve.
[BERSERKER]
Forum Regular
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

You cant do it so people cant give eachother resources that would ruin so much and not be fair to anybody because people help eachother
Ergon
Forum Irregular

thorslittleworld wrote:how can they police this

they cant, just means people will deal outside the forum, the only way this can be done would be to lock IP addresses to the account.

A headache yes, people would have to ask permision via admin to have aception IP addresses, and those with with non static IP addresses would not be able to work with it unless they arranged a static one.

In short all this will do will is slow down the affect of making $$

So even though I have an account I want to sell for $$, I cant say this is a bad thing, BUT I know a few people who will still be selling for $$ ingame resources, so may be a small suggestion

GET RID OF THE SEND RESOURCES OPTION IN FAVOUR OF TOTAL BROKER SYSTEM AND GIVE ALL PLAYERS THAT OPTION

or use the Chaos system where you have designated deals, none of this 1 naq for 1m uu or 1uu for 5k ats, Give them a market value

thats unlogical...

what if ur brokers are full? there is ntohing wrong with it..
simon123
Forum Newbie
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 82513

what about if someone wants to buy or sell stuff then say selling naq/uu for £/$ contact me on msn

then give their msn

r u still allowed to do that because your not really making the trades though the forum.
ID - 82513
Virisken Soshir
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

haha wow :) this is awesome :)

the price for uus will just increase now :), though im glad i read this before making any uu sale topic on these forums.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “Market Discussion”